(Adventure) Immortality Awakens (Knight Otu Judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Zarindas leads his new friends out from the inn, walking slowly with a slight limp, as he heads through several streets, chatting along the way.*

"It is so kind of you folks to help me with this. I only hope I am offering enough--I have no idea what adventurers are making these days, but I figure my offer should be plenty. OK, looks like we are here," he proclaims, "Let me check and make sure Alyx isn't sleeping--wouldn't want to wake her if she is."

*Zarindas has stopped in front of a small, weathered house that looks a little bit run-down, but still easily liveable. He unlocks the door, steps inside, and then comes back out a short time later, some of the wrinkles that furrowed his brow relaxed from before as he says:*

"She is awake, and she is eager to meet you. Please, do come in, my friends," and he ushers them inside and then shuts the door, waiting until the last person has entered and then tracing an arcane rune that glows bright blue. The inside decor is a good bit nicer than the run-down outside, sporting a few artistic flourishes with a flower motif, as if someone with a keen fashion sense lives here and really cares about making the place look homey.*

"Whew! We should be safe now! Sorry about the house, but it is home for me, and you know how hard it is to get an old man to leave his childhood home. Feel free to ask me any questions you like now, or we can head upstairs to see Alyx."

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
"Thank ya for yer hospitality Zarindras." Cade says as he enters the house with Alton.

"Ya said yer daughter was sick, and had been infected by someone. What happened and why would someone do such a vile thing?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Zarindas frowns as he thinks on the sombre matter.*

"It is something of a long story, but in short, a family enemy, a great demon, has been freed and sought its revenge by cursing my daughter with an incurable wasting disease. He did this out of revenge, for my ancestor trapped him for milennia."

Brain

First Post
Scun made a short stop in a store on the way to the house, and caught up as they reached the house.

"Where is this magic circle of yours? We need a better explanation of what our objective is going to be."

ooc: purchased a wand and potion of cure light wounds for use during the adventure. (potion in case Scun is the one in trouble.)

Bront

The man with the probe
"Aye, tis sad news indeed. Do ya know what kin be done about her condition? I ain't no healer, but I figure ya wouln't have invited all us here ifn ya didn't think we could help."

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Anton follows the gentleman into his home -- he has to tip his hat to enter a doorway as usual -- and smiles, "Your house is charming, in fact. My only questions relate to what must be done to help your daughter -- I assume you know?"

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: How many people we have setup for this adventure? I know we have a few second and third level characters.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Yes. It is somewhat complicated..." Zarindas replies to the common question of what must be done, "Long ago, my ancestor Zorander battled a terrible demon of the plague. This demon's virulent cursed diseases proved uncurable, even by the power of the true clerics of the gods, and so Zorander crafted an item designed to counter the demon's power, using it to cure the people who were diseased. Well, obviously, the demon did not like this, and so he attacked my ancestor. The battle was long and hard, but Zorander had the faith of the people and his family and friends behind him, and so he was victorious. However, the demon could never be completely destroyed."

"And so, he sealed the demon away in a far-away land, and he sealed the orb there too, so that it would be preserved and readily-accessible in case the demon ever broke free."

"Well, as you can imagine, the demon broke free, and he has cursed my Alyx in vengeance, leaving me healthy--if you can call any man my age healthy--because he wishes to fight me like he did my ancestor. I fear I am no match for the demon, but I know that as long as he does not discover my plan, I can distract him while a group of adventurers finds the Sealed Cavern and brings back the orb to heal my Alyx. Fear not, for you shall not have to fight the demon--though the cavern is far from here, and so only brave adventurers could even cross the miles reliably to bring it back for me...it is in a land that had been sealed with it, supposedly for all time, but apparently somehow the seal has been broken."

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac: Male Human Bbn 3

Somac trembles a little as he hears about the demon. Goblins and orcs he has fought, even a bugbear, but a demon seems incomprehensible to him.

OOC: By the way, my level up to 3rd hasn't yet been approved, so I will have to play as a 2nd level barbarian until I get my approval (hopefully, in the next couple of days).

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Anton nods as he listens to the story, "I think to find this item would be a good cause. How far is the cavern?"

ooc: I'm feeling dwarfed, only being a 1st level character (no, I'm a human :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases