Hanable's Hunters, Part I & II


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 74 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 740
  1. #1
    Supressive Overlord
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Bront's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    22,818
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Bront
    My communities:

    Hanable's Hunters, Part I & II

    The grizzled veterans
    Whitlok ir’Khasamenn is another war veteran who is at home in the strangest environments. The dwarf knows his way above and below ground. He carries a chip on his shoulder, but makes a fine companion and guide. Whitlok is the senior member of the Hunters in the group, and is often looked on to help lead the group when needed.

    Brogen "The Boar" Intaur is a veteran combat medic who saw too much during the war. With the Hunters, he has found some peace, as his comrades seem much more likely to not die on him. He is a grim veteran who is rough on the new guys. His knowledge of war and adventuring gives him great insight, and is not afraid to make the tough decision.

    The green recruits.
    Kerlokh d’Tharask seems a little slow, but he’s very good at finding things. He has a knack for uncovering odd and useful evidence. He’s new to the Hunters, but seems to be a fair companion and skilled negotiator for a half-orc.

    Marek Tolin d’Cannith is young wizard seeking adventure and exploration. His studious nature makes him a resource of knowledge, and his versatility is the paragon of humanity. He’s still a little innocent of the adventuring life.

    Hobbes came to Karrnath looking for something, and found the Hunters. He’s a shifter with a strong tie to nature. He’s a fierce warrior who knows his way around the outdoors, and is looking to make a name in the Hunters. While a new recruit, he’s not new to the adventuring life.

    Anune d’Deneith is well trained in the arts of war, but often has a subtler approach than most other warriors. She has experience as a body guard, but is a bit green to the adventuring life. She seeks to make a name in her house, and hopes making a name with the Hunters is just the path she needs.

    Thalian “Talon” d’Lyrander is the consummate noble. He carries himself like someone of status, but he’s not afraid to do some of the grunt work as well. He’s experienced several artifact “Safaris” to Xen’drik, but has just recently joined the Hunters.

    Of course, you all know why you’re here. And on most days, it’s truly an enjoyable life being a Hunter. Access to information and gear that many could only dream of. Exotic adventures in strange locals. But guarding a wagon?

    Master Mandor said it’d be simple. Just deliver the antique statue to a noble in Vedykar. Should only take couple of days each way he said. The statue was simply a decoration, a bauble for a noble to flaunt. Just a grunt job till something new came up he said.

    “Just a grunt job” echoes in your head as you peer out into the rain, clutching your weapon, as the eyes of nearly a dozen ogres surround you.

    OOC:
    Spoiler:
    You may have any weapon of choice drawn at the moment. If there is a spell you would have normaly had active, mention it. And tell me your first combat action.

    Initiative Order:
    Hobbes
    Anune
    Whitlock
    Brogen
    Some Ogres
    Kerlokh
    Marek
    More Ogres
    Thalian
    Even More Ogres

 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    D20Dazza's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Farrer
    Posts
    2,317
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore D20Dazza
    "Filthy great lummoxes, 'ave atcha. C'mon boys a chance fer you greenies ta show us wotcha made orf" Whitlok screams as he launches himself off the back of the wagon "Be ready ta bolt Marek, once ye sees an openin' go for it, we'll 'ang on as best we can". His Urgosh glints wetly in the soft light spilling from the hooded lantern affixed to the side wall of their conveyance. His heavily booted feet had hit the ground hard. His eyes widened in momentary concern as he takes in the sheer number of opponents. Wincing at the discomfort in his back he makes sure he has a secure hold on the haft of his mighty axe and takes a ready stance goading the ogres to break ranks and attack.

    "Ya filthy piece of orc exrement, ya mumma was a kobold and ya pappa was a stinkin' faery. Know wot that is do ya fick ed? Excrement? It's crap pal and that's wot we'se gonna do all over you".


    Spoiler:
    +4 AC versus Ogres (AC: 22); He's going to attempt to keep the wagon to his back to try and minimise their flanking opportunities; and to give himself a chance of catchin a ride if the wagon makes a break for it. He will keep one arm ready to try and hook on to the side of the wagon if it bolts. If he is attacked by more than one Ogre he will fight defensively. He is trying to target ogres 1, 4 and 5 with his taunts. His hope is that ogre 5 will come across to attack and open up a hole in their perimeter.


    Digga, lulled into a deep sleep by the gentle rocking of the wagon, is unaware of the impending combat. Blissfully ignorant he dreams of lady badgers and a feast of strawberries.

    Spoiler:
    Listen check (+3) to hear the melee and wake up
    Last edited by D20Dazza; Saturday, 4th June, 2005 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Edit after map

  • #3
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Isida Kep'Tukari's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Davenport, IA
    Posts
    9,104
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Isida Kep'Tukari

    Anune d’Deneith, female human swashbuckler

    "Let's work together shall we? Flank them, watch your backs, don't get cornered," Anune says brightly, her voice carried easily to the rest of the Hunters. Her left hand rises to her chest briefly, and flashes in a burst of light, lending Anune a shimmer over her entire body.

    OOC:
    Spoiler:
    Using shield of faith from least dragonmark to increase AC to 22, and preparing to kick ogre butt.

  • #4
    Brogen glances around, trying to assess the situation. And me stuck at the back with two fresh recruits. He thinks to himself grumpily. Just what I need.

    As he unlashes one of his twin maces from his side, he take a look at his foes. The Ogres are large for sure, but its not as if he hasn't seen their kind before. Twirling his maces a couple times to loosen up his arms and hands, and rolling his shoulders to work out any kinks from the long ride, he steps forward, ready to meet the oncoming attackers.

    Fortune favours the bold. He thinks, remembering the old adage as he rushes forward to the nearest ogre, gripping his heavy mace in two hands.

    Spoiler:

    Brogen will charge Ogre number 6 and attack with one of his maces. On a hit, he'll use up the spell stored in his mace to cast Inflict Serious Wounds.

    Variables:
    charge: +2 att, -2 AC.
    Mace +9, 1d8+4.
    [spoiler]Total: Mace +11, 1d8+4, -2 AC[/spoiler]
    Last edited by Temujin; Saturday, 4th June, 2005 at 11:52 PM.

  • #5
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    MavrickWeirdo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Wister, MA
    Posts
    2,344
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore MavrickWeirdo
    Kerlokh stays close to the cart and calls out, "Blaznu! My Z’nak Ko jestez za ten woez, jest ten z’wabik."*
    *Giantish translation: <<[spoiler] "Fools! We know what you are after, this cart is the decoy." [/spoiler]>>

    Actions OOC:
    Spoiler:
    Statement above is a Bluff (+8) to convince the ogres to back off.

    Kerlokh has his truncheon in hand.

    If he is not attacked before his turn he readies an action to attack the first Ogre who attacks him. He takes a "fighting defensively stance" (-4 to attacks, +2 dodge bonus to AC) so he is Fighting Defensively: Atk +2 melee (1d6+3 truncheon), AC 17, touch 12, flat-foot 15

    If the ogres do not attack, or if they back down, he stays in "fighting defensively stance" and calls out something else in giantish

    Second Round

    If the Ogres continue to attack then on his second round he stops "fighting defensively". Normal Attack: Atk +6 melee (1d6+3 truncheon), AC 15, touch 10, flat-foot 15.

    If the Ogres continue to attack, but none are attacking him personally he moves to flank an Ogre attacking another H.Hunter and makes a Sneak Attack: Atk +6 melee (1d6+3 +2d6; truncheon), AC 15, touch 10, flat-foot 15.



    Comment OOC:
    Spoiler:
    saw map, it does not change my action (good map btw)
    Last edited by MavrickWeirdo; Saturday, 4th June, 2005 at 05:33 PM.
    The meek shall inherit the earth.
    Links to my NPC's

  • #6
    Mongrels... Talon thinks. And a noble like me, guarding a wagon. Great. It beats paperwork I guess.

    Spoiler:
    Since Talon has the short end of the stick as far as initiative is concerned, he will advance and try to set up flanks with any other party member. He will use his shortsword.
    Don't you hate it when people....Don't you just hate people?

  • #7
    Supressive Overlord
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Bront's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    22,818
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Bront
    My communities:

    OOC:
    As requested, here is a map. Anyone who wishes to change their mind based on new information can do so. I'll give you all a chance to look at this and change your post.

    Please spell out what you wish to do in an sblocked OOC comment (Makes it easier). For the first round, I only want 1 round of action. After that, I may ask you to try to mention your general plans so I can simulate 2 rounds at the same time, but if the situation changes drasticly, I will allow actions to change.

    General, I'd prefer OOC comments in an Sblock or in the OOC thread, so we can keep story from mechanics/questions. I'll go back and SBlock this later, but I want to make sure everyone reads it.

    FYI, I managed to use Excel to make the map. Marek is riding/driving the wagon (The Ma on the Wa), the ogres are labled 1-10, give me a number in reference please when targeting or doing anything to any of them. I used your character's First name initial (In Whitlock's case, first 2 letters) for where you are. Hope it helps.

  • #8
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Prof Yeti's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    937
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Prof Yeti
    Oh..crap!
    After a quick moment of panic Marek reaches into his component pouch and begin speaking a short phrase in Draconic.

    Spoiler:
    Marek will Ready an Action in anticipation of an opponent moving within 15' of him. He will cast Color Spray preferably angled so as to not hit his companions.

  • #9
    Supressive Overlord
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Bront's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    22,818
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ø Ignore Bront
    My communities:

    OOC: Spoiler tags on the math if any after the normal text.

    Hobbes prepairs his Sharrash and stands ready, his nature becoming more feral and his skin becoming almost like a thick hide.

    Anune begins to shimmer as she watches the ogres carefully.

    Whitlock shounts taunts out to the ogres and takes a ready stance

    Digga continues to dream of eating strawberries off of lady badgers [spoiler]3+3=6 on listen[/spoiler]

    Brogen lets out a yell and charges ogre #6. Ogre #6 takes a swing at Brogen and misses. He swings and connects, a bright light shining from his heavy mace, and the ogre is sent realing, but does not fall. [spoiler]To hit: 13+11 = 24, Damage 7+3+1+1+7+5=24[/spoiler]

    Ogre #1 charges Whitlock, and misses him.

    Ogre #2 charges Kerlokh, and hits him with a fairly modest hit. [spoiler]Damage = 11[/spoiler]

    Ogre #3 charges Thalian, and misses him.

    Kerlokh swings defensively at ogre #2 and connects with a moderate hit [spoiler]To hit: 17+2 = 19, Damage 3+3=6[/spoiler]

    Marek watches carefully for an opening.

    Ogre #8 charges Hobbes. Hobbes takes an opertunity to try to trip the ogre, who tubmles clumbsily to the ground [Spoiler] Trip 13 + 10 -4 = 19, Ogre failed opposed check [/spoiler]

    Ogre #9 charges Brogen and hits him hard. [Spoiler] Damage = 17 [/spoiler]

    Ogre #10 charges Anune and misses.

    Thalian sees the ogre fall flat on his face, and takes the opertunity to tag him for a hit, and strikes ogre #8 true with a devistating blow. [spoiler]To hit 19+4+2=25, 13+4+2=19 on confirm, Damage= 5+5+2 + 3+2=17 [/spoiler]

    Ogre 4 charges Whitlock and 7 Charges Anune, but as they approach within striking distance, Marek mumbles arcane and points at them. A spray of brilliant colors lashes out at the two ogres. Both cover their eyes. [Spoiler]Both blinded and stunned for 4 rounds[/spoiler]

    Ogre 5 charges Hobbes and misses.

    Ogre 6 swings at Brogen, and hits him with a light hit. [spoiler] Dmg=9 [/spoiler]

    OOC:
    Spoiler:
    New Initiative order (Due to held/ready actions)
    Anune
    Whitlock
    Brogen
    Some Ogres
    Kerlokh
    Hobbes
    More Ogres
    Thalian
    Marek
    Even More Ogres

    Please note your damage accordingly (Highlight after the text to see any spoilers)

    If you want to try 2 rounds this time, go for it. We'll see how things change. Updated map posted. Yes, the map is correct. Ogres are large, so they have reach.

  • #10
    "HA ha!" Thalian laughs, nimbly dodging the massive Ogre's attack. "You're as slow as you are ugly" he taunts.


    Spoiler:
    Thalian will move 5' up and hit the ogre with his rapier(+4 to hit, 1d6+1 damage). I thought I had a shortsword, my bad. If hit with a fair sized blow, he will retreat to the nearest companion, in effort to set up a flank.
    Last edited by Candide; Sunday, 5th June, 2005 at 07:35 AM.
    Don't you hate it when people....Don't you just hate people?

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 74 123456789101151 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Hanable's Hunters (OOC) - Always accepting Alts
      By Bront in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 849
      Last Post: Sunday, 25th December, 2005, 02:18 AM
    2. Hanable's Hunters Rogues Gallery
      By Bront in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: Tuesday, 9th August, 2005, 10:26 PM
    3. One Part Mad Max, One Part Dawn of the Dead, One part...?
      By VirgilCaine in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Thursday, 16th December, 2004, 09:40 PM
    4. Replies: 0
      Last Post: Wednesday, 27th October, 2004, 04:43 PM
    5. [Alternate Greyhawk] Part 4: The Lore of the Amedio Jungle, part 1
      By chatdemon in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Wednesday, 30th January, 2002, 03:49 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •