The Return (The Heros of Mergovie)





+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 247
  1. #1

    The Return (The Heros of Mergovie)

    OOC OK new level new thread

    The night at the hotel went through without any major problems other than a few vermins here and there disturbing your sleep. A strong odor of food can be smelled from down the stairs. Jraq and Trolm are also awake and are preparing their equipment.

    ----

    Jath wakes up as the first ray of sun starts to hit the Mergovian forest. All around him he can hear the bird sings and the little animal moves. The night wasn't too cold and his sleep was very restfull. Spring nights are sometimes quite cold but lately the temperature has been slightly warmer than average.

    ----

    Xavier wakes up in his enormous room, Karn still sleeping on the mattress. He saw from the eyes of the people around that they were internally questioning why Karn spend the night with in his bedroom, but obviously nobody did Nobles are allowed all kind of exentricities.

    ----
    The ability to adapt to changes, decreases with age

 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    8,395

    Ignore Manzanita

    Solomon Kreel half-orc Ran3/Brb1

    Solomon rises to stretch and eat. "Let's get moving. Jraq & Trolm. Can you carry our equipment while Dai and I assume our wizard disguise? Then Jasper, let's head for that sewer entrance you saw Udai use earlier."
    My PbP characters
    Spoiler:

    LEW
    Ignatious O'Reilly: halfling wizard7/Loremaster 2
    Esmerelda Persephone Jara: Human Sorcerer6/Paragon3
    Rowan McTavish: Human Barbarian3/Fighter1/Ranger1/Sorcerer1
    Living Eberon:
    Raven Rogue3/Fighter1/Dragonmark Heir 1

  • #3

    Xavier Roces, male human Servant of Heironeous.

    Before retiring for the night, Xavier uses the potions as need to restore him to full health.

    * * *

    Xavier wakes early.

    His thoughts are filled with a sense of contact with the power of Hieroneous. Xavier feels uplifted and blessed. Heironeous has granted Xavier more strength to face the trial that surely lie ahead. Hieroneous does indeed seem to be watching over him.

    Xavier takes a moment to contemplate what has happened so far. He sits at the window watching the city slowly stir to life in the predawn light.

    Once it is light enough to do so properly, Xavier begins to prepare for the day.
    (-_-)


    [LEW] Jaan Saaresar of Orsilia, servant of the Greenman, is currently in - Limbo -

  • #4
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    San Francisco, California, United States
    Posts
    5,055

    Ignore Ferrix
    Dai nods, "'guise it is, tho' I be more comfort wit' carry'n me owns," he says, pulling the robe over his generally loose clothing, most of his equipment is relatively unconspicious anyways so long as it's kept under the robe.

    OOC: Spells Prepared: 0th level: Guidance, Flare, Flare; 1st level: Shillelagh, Sunstroke

  • #5
    The group quickly ready their equipment and Solomon and Dai pulls on their disguise. As they are preparing themselves they can hear the sounds through the door of their rooms heading outside. The group then leaves the room and follow what seems to be two small humans heading down the stairs. As they get to the main floor they noticed a few table open and some chairs. A table filled with food is on the side for the client who paid for the breakfeast. As the group gets down the stairs the dark elf looks at them and lowers his eyes concentrating on finishing a large pot of coffee.

    The two cloaked humanoid are elven females who sits nearby the buffet. They seems very absorb by their conversation. On the other hand of the room an half-orc who really doesn't seems to be friendly and two humans looking almost as mean are eating on a small table, the half-orc is using a large dagger to peel his apple.

    Near the dark elf, another short haired human dressed with a travelling cloth is eating calmly. At first glance the men seems quite peacefull and doesn't look in a funny way like the other three thugs at them when they get off the stairs.

    Across the narrow room the double door of the exit can be reached without too much effort.

    Jraq and Trolm waits for the other to decides if they will take the breakfeast or not.

    -----

    Karn wakes up while Xavier is looking at the window. Behind some soldiers are preparing for battle. Among them Xavier recognises the large female half-orc he fought yesterday. What looks like a small human (in comparison to her) seems to be discussing with her while she prepares her horse. The human seems to be wearing a noble outfit but he is too far for Xavier to recognises the Heraldry. He doesn't seems to be dressed for battle.

    Karn approaches Xavier and look at the window. "They are getting ready for battle. Do you know what are there objective." Karn looks carefully at the preparations, commenting on some of the soldier lack of knowledge in strapping their armor, preparing their bow and mounting their horses.

    Almost at the same time Xavier can hear someone knock on his door. "Sir Xavier, it's time to get ready we will leave soon" Xavier recognises the voice of the dwarven captain who greeted him when he got here yesterday. "I personally prepared your horse, Sir Roces"

    OOC Assumes that Xavier is now at full strenght
    The ability to adapt to changes, decreases with age

  • #6
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    8,395

    Ignore Manzanita

    Solomon

    Solomon scowls about the room. "Well, we may as well eat here. Better here than anywhere else. Better here than no where. But try to grab stuff we can eat on the way."
    My PbP characters
    Spoiler:

    LEW
    Ignatious O'Reilly: halfling wizard7/Loremaster 2
    Esmerelda Persephone Jara: Human Sorcerer6/Paragon3
    Rowan McTavish: Human Barbarian3/Fighter1/Ranger1/Sorcerer1
    Living Eberon:
    Raven Rogue3/Fighter1/Dragonmark Heir 1

  • #7
    Oculus walks into the room towards the two cloaked elven females.

    "Hello ladies, how's the buffet?"

  • #8

    Xavier Roces, male human servant of Hieroneous.

    Xavier is startled out of his meditation by Karn's question.

    "I did not realise I had not mentioned it. They ride for Pruman, although what exactly they expect to find I am not sure. Yesterday I agreed to ride with them. I seemed that some of the answers at least lie in Pruman.

    "Indeed, I should be getting ready now."

    Xavier picks himself up from his place at the window and moves over to where his armour and weapons lie waiting. As they finish the discussion, he dons his armour and gear.

    "Today I am not so sure I should go. We need to talk to young Master Conrad. But appart from standing around a few obvious places, I cannot see how we can contact them. So it is a bird in the hand against two in the bush.

    "You are of course welcome to ride with me. Having someone I can trust at my side would be a boon. But if you wish to seek out the Conrads and your companions, I understand. I will inform the Baron's people that you are my companion, and you will have a place to stay here as long as I do."
    (-_-)


    [LEW] Jaan Saaresar of Orsilia, servant of the Greenman, is currently in - Limbo -

  • #9
    Jraq and Trolm head quickly for the buffet trying to get as much food as they can. The elf looks at them for a short while and finishes his coffee.

    A large quantity of food is put on the table. But by touching and smelling it, it becomes clear that it isn't of the highest quality. Most fruits seems almost rotten, the milk smells strange and a few worms can be seen in the bread. The butter and fruit jelly seems ok.

    As Oculus approaches the two elven lady, they stop talking and slowly raises their eyes on him. They seems quite annoyed by the human interruption. (diplomacy 9+5) Even Oculus best smiles and friendly attitude doesn't seems to improves their mood.

    (knowledge local 8+8) Oculus notices a brooch on the cloack of the two ladies. The silver moon of the Elven wizard guild. And old and once powerfull magic organisation based in the western forest of the country. The organisation used to be extremely well respected for their magical discovery and knowledge. But their influence in the region slowly decreased as the elves were losing ground to the humans.

    The two elven lady politely but visibely not interested simply answer "Far from exceptional"

    They then quickly and politely smiles at him and continue their conversation.

    -----

    As Xavier mention returning to Prumen, Karn nods in approval. He turns and looks at the division getting ready within the castle walls and look back at Xavier. "I don't need to go back, I know what happened there. All we will find are dead bodies. Those who commit these crimes are now within the walls of this city. But if you wish to go there, I will go with you. I know the area very well and should help you in your investigation."

    He pauses for a moment looking at the ground and continues "As for my compagnion, Heireionous knows where they are" Xavier feel anguish in the old men voices.
    The ability to adapt to changes, decreases with age

  • #10
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Manzanita's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    8,395

    Ignore Manzanita

    Solomon

    Solomon carefully selects his meal, taking the best of the nutricious food he can find. He eats some as he goes, but saves most to eat as they walk. He looks around impatiently at any party member who is not hurrying.
    My PbP characters
    Spoiler:

    LEW
    Ignatious O'Reilly: halfling wizard7/Loremaster 2
    Esmerelda Persephone Jara: Human Sorcerer6/Paragon3
    Rowan McTavish: Human Barbarian3/Fighter1/Ranger1/Sorcerer1
    Living Eberon:
    Raven Rogue3/Fighter1/Dragonmark Heir 1

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. From Peasants To Heros
      By Ivellious in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 93
      Last Post: Saturday, 14th July, 2007, 05:51 PM
    2. The Hero of Mergovie OCC--[FULL]
      By DarkMaster in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 708
      Last Post: Thursday, 26th October, 2006, 12:30 AM
    3. The hero of Mergovie
      By DarkMaster in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 47
      Last Post: Wednesday, 16th March, 2005, 10:30 PM
    4. Looking for one person for Hero of Mergovie
      By DarkMaster in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Thursday, 28th October, 2004, 01:18 AM
    5. 8-Bit Heros!!!
      By Quicksilver_Dragon in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Saturday, 17th January, 2004, 02:41 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •