The Secret Scion - accepting alternates

Bront

The man with the probe
Can I please, please play Mel? I keep on submitting her, and no one lets me play her :(

Sorry this violates the 5 paragraph rule, but you may have read this before (I've sibmitted it in a few games you're in and I'm in.

--------------
Mel is anything but your typical elven noble. She has always been taught she was special. At a young age, Melphina Delena learned that she had an amazing ability to change shape. Nothing drastic, but she could change her shape to emulate just about anyone. She was taught that this was a special gift few elves had, and she should hide it from the world as much as possible. Her mother, Yolanda, loved her deeply, and would always call Melphina her “special little girl”. Melphina never understood why her mom always seemed to have a smile and a tear in her eye when she looked at Melphina.

Her father, Vielin Delena, had Melphina trained in the more subtle arts of the court. She was shown the social intrigue and backstabbing, both figurative and literally. Vielin had eyes on a seat of power, and saw Melphina as his opportunity. He spared no expense at Mel’s training and education, and Melphina took to everything eagerly.

Melphina was generally kept away from all but Vielin’s closest advisors. As she grew, she wondered why it happened so fast. Her father said that it was just part of her being different, and that it meant that she got to be an adult sooner. When Melphina was 16, she was finally brought out into the public’s eye. She was to say that she had been studying in Sharn for several decades and had recently returned to Valenar. Melphina reveled in the exercise to put her deceptive skills to work, and managed to keep her origins a secret.

Melphina, however, was too good of a student for her father’s good. She enjoyed sneaking around the castle, spying or impersonating staff. One day, she had actually snuck out of the keep, and she met a strange person whose race she couldn’t identify. So, after shadowing this person, she discovered it was a Changeling. She saw him change shape, much like she could, once or twice. She felt some sort of connection to this person, but she couldn’t place it.

So, she began to research Changelings and experimenting with herself. She was sure now, that she was not a special Elf, but a Changeling. She decided to not let on, and find out why her parents deceived her. She worked her way through the keep almost daily, trying to pick up bits and pieces of what was really going on. To be true to her changeling nature, she began to ask to be called Mel, as a term of endearment of course.

Soon, her “father” announced that she had been offered to a new Barron as a bride, and then all became clear. Vielin spoke to Mel, and mentioned that she should use the situation to gain power for her family. She could help this new Barron into an early grave, and take the Barony for herself and her family. She enjoyed the intrigue of the political world, but helping this “Family” she found revolting.

One day, Mel came upon her mother crying while she was disguised as one of her mother’s personal servants. She asked what was wrong, and Yolanda spoke that she knew what Vielin had planned for her daughter, and she didn’t approve. Mel was moved by her mom, and dropped her disguise. Much to her surprise, she took the natural changeling form, and not her usual elven form. Yolanda recognized Mel immediately and broke down, telling her how Vielin had killed the original Melphina, and had tricked Yolanda into conceiving Mel. Yolanda swore to love her daughter, but was scared to go against her husband.

Mel spoke with her mother about what Vielin had planned her to do. She spoke of how she had figured out that she was different and strove to learn about her true nature. Yolanda said to Mel “Don’t live your life with regrets. Run away now, you can find some place to go. You know who you really are, and you know how to disappear out there. I believe in you, and know that no matter what happens, your mother always loves you.”

So, under cover of darkness, Mel set out, in search of a new life, feeling for once, truly at peace with who she is. She still uses her “Melphina” persona most often, but she knows to keep a low profile, and has tried to develop several new ones.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Awww...I just realised that Warlocks have all of the social skills except Diplomacy. If I want to be a nicer warlock, could I switch out Intimidate for Diplomacy?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Rystil, please do eliminate your sblocks and I'll do the same.

Bront, I remember Mel, and I did like her a lot. I would like her in the game, as she fits the theme perfectly.

Bront

The man with the probe
Isida Kep'Tukari said:

Bront, I remember Mel, and I did like her a lot. I would like her in the game, as she fits the theme perfectly.

Yeah! Anune may live then :p

Seriously, there is one feat I might like to take with her that's from Races of Eberron (I know, you said don't ask). It's Natural Linguist, with requires you to know 4 languages, and you get 1 language per level including the one you select the feat in. Obviously, not a heavy combat feat, and I think fits her pretender personality well. I'll have to stat her out (I'll hopefully get it done tonight or tomorow).

Rystil Arden

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Rystil, you want to be nice? ;)

Yeah, you can swap out Intimidate for Diplomacy.
Hurray! I love Diplomacy :)

By the way, sorry for the delay. My network broke and I had to try several things to make it fix (praying to the gods of Google and offering a sacrifice of shaved ice turned out to be the trick)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Isida Kep'Tukari said:

I changed my SBLOCK from secret info to a taunting message :D

Hmm...Mel and Rayni might be able to become good friends :)

Remove ads