The Secret Scion - accepting alternates

devrimk

First Post
Why Leon is going to Sharn?

He track his enemy from his past. Older boy named Alexander Rosebud. He wants to figth with him face to face. But when in the city he lost him and search him despereately.

Last edited:

lotuseater

Explorer
here are the stats for kazan. let me know if i left anything off. and again, if you want me to tweak this in any way to better fit your campaign, let me know.

Kazan Oleander
Half Elf, Spellthief 1
Medium Humanoid (Half Elf)
Alignment: Neutral
Hit Dice: 1d6 (6 hps)
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 14, Cha 16
Initiative: +1
Speed: 20 ft
Armor Class: 13 (+2 Leather, +1 dex) T: 11 FF: 12

Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-1
Attack: Sword, short -1 Melee (1d6-1/19-20/x2)
Crossbow, light +1 Ranged (1d8/19-20/x2)
Dagger +1 Ranged (1d4-1/19-20/x2)
Dagger -1 Melee (1d4-1/19-20/x2)
Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft

Special Attacks: Sneak Attack (+1d6 dam);
Steal Spell (0 or 1st level spells, up to one level total at any time);
Trapfinding
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, Immune to Sleep, +2 vs Enchantments
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +1, Will +4

Skills (mod/ranks): Bluff +5/2, Concentration +2/2, Diplomacy +7/2, Disable Device +5/2, Disguise +4/1, Gather Information +7/2, Hide +3/2, Knowledge (arcana) +8/4, Knowledge (geography) +6/2, Knowledge (history) +5/2, Knowledge (local, The Principalities) +5/2, Knowledge (nobility) +5/2, Listen +5/2, Move Silently +3/2, Open Lock +3/2, Use Magic Device +5/2

Feats: Education (Arcana +1, Geography +1)

Wealth: 5 gp
Equipment: Leather Armor, Sickle, Light Crossbow, 20 bolts, Daggers (2), Thieves' Tools, Disguise Kit, Ink, Inkpen, Small Books, Papers and Parchments, Backpack, Pouches (3)
Enc: 39.5 lbs

Height: 5'2
Weight: 135

D20Dazza

Explorer
I'd like to voice my interest as well. Let's see...

Bail had never known his true parents. As he understood it now they had been in a caravan travelling between Cyre and Zilargo that had been forcibly delayed in Darguun. His father had been killed and his pregnant mother held and 'maintained' until she had given birth, upon which time her usefulness was at an end and she had been slaughtered like some useless herd animal.

Bail was raised recruited by the Kech Shaarat to be a member of the Plain, a secret organisation of spies and agents who are all non-gobliniod and more easily able to infiltrate the societies of the fairer races. He did as he was told, was an attentive student and, by avoiding the steady blows that would rain down on he and the other recruits, became quite quick on his feet. He began to develop an aptitude for stealth, his reflexes becoming finally honed, his balance and carriage marked him as a young man of speed.

The Plain were kept in line not only by threats to their physical being but also threats to their families. At this time Bail wasn't aware of the fate that had ultimately befallen his parents as the Kech Shaarat's plan was nefarious in the extreme. The tribe employed several Changelings who would impersonate the parents of the children that were slowly swelling the ranks of the Plain. It was easy with those born after abduction for they would never have the opportunity to recall their parents, but not all children were born in Darguun and the tactic kept them all in line. There was fierce competition between the children, a ruthless competition for food and attention, that was cultivated by their wicked maters.

Bail was one of the few that learnt the goblin language, he was quick in mind as well as on his feet and would pick up snatches of the language as he grew. When he was 16 he overheard a conversation that finally helped put all the pieces of the puzzle that had been bugging him for years together. He swore then that he would escape and did so the very next night, using the skills that his maters had so dilligently taught him over the last 16 years. They had made him the perfect weapon and he cut them deep that night.

Bail is on the run for two reasons, the first is that the Kech Sharrat don't want word of their secret reaching the ears of the outside world, not even the ears of those in Darkuun, as the great Lhesh Haruuc is not aware of the network and would surely think ill of the Kech Sharrat for keeping the network secret. Secondly, Bail stole something very valuable to the tribe before he left. Something that they will pursue Bail to the very ends of Khorvaire, and even the depths of Khyber to recover.

And I kept the background to five para's :lol:

Hope you like.

I'd see him as either a rogue or ranger (rather avoid this one as I'm playing a ranger in Hanable's Hunters but am happy to fill the role if it is needed) or fighter. I guess he could even be a dextrous barbarian if you wanted some melee crunch. First thought was rogue but then I noticed Bront already had Mel in the mix.

Cheers

Daz

Last edited:

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
D20Dazza said:
I'd like to voice my interest as well. Let's see...

Hope you like.

I'd see him as either a rogue or ranger (rather avoid this one as I'm playing a ranger in Hanable's Hunters but am happy to fill the role if it is needed) or fighter. I guess he could even be a dextrous barbarian if you wanted some melee crunch. First thought was rogue but then I noticed Bront already had Mel in the mix.

Cheers

Daz

It doesn't say it in the background (and he has not been approved yet) but Khesh is a ranger.

D20Dazza

Explorer
MavrickWeirdo said:
It doesn't say it in the background (and he has not been approved yet) but Khesh is a ranger.
Hi Maverick,

I hadn't spent too much time looking at what hadn't been accepted, apologies for the oversight. :heh: The call was for interesting rather than first come so I thought I could come up with something more interesting if I didn't try and fit in with the other applications. Anyways if we both get in then I'm more than happy to play the barbarian role, if we don't both then it's a moot point anyway ;)

Have a good day/evening

Cheers

Daz

Blue Sky

Explorer
Hmm. Sounds interesting.

Nathaniel d'Orien grew up on the fringes of the last war, carrying dispatches and other mail on the rail with his father. He loved the travel, seeing a different city everyday. Whether it was sipping wine with the noble mages of Aundair, singing the hymms of the Silver Flame, or "featherjumping" off the bridges of Sharn, he threw himself into the meat of each culture with zeal. Unfortunately, this zeal would be his downfall.

While in Karnnath, he observed a Blood of Vol congregation performing "communion". Due to a mixup regarding a closet and a robe two sizes too big for him, he was mistaken for a priest, and ushered up to the altar to perform the ceremony. Thinking a mile a minute, he opened his mouth to try to bluff his way through the benediction... and King Kaius's Guards burst through the door, with orders to arrest the peasants on charges of conspiring with the Emerald Claw.

Nathaniel was able to escape through judicious use of his dragonmark, but no dragonmark could dodge the fallout that followed. Wanted as a criminal, his house abandoned him, offering only passage out of Karnnath. He made his way to Sharn, hoping to find another life without the backing of his house.

Ok, how does that sound? A human bard with the Mark of Passage?

Prof Yeti

First Post
Greetings Isida

Thought this sounded very cool so I couldn't pass it up. So here it is. And if chosen I can have the stats posted very quickly.

Brief History of Rurik Loderr of Clan Kundarak

Description
His name is Rurik Loderr and he is a scion of Clan Kundarak from the northern reaches of the Mror Holds. He is of average for the people of that region (4’2” and 164 lbs.). But his bright red hair and dark green eyes are both rare and proof he carries the blood of the southern clans. He wears his hair long, kept in a warrior’s braid, while keeping his beard relatively short.

Prologue
His parents met over sixty-three years ago, in the city of Korunda’s Gate, in the northern Mror Holds. Rurik’ fathers was Jhun Loderr, his mother’ Risa Kundarak, a distant and unmarked member of House Kundarak. They met at time when both were just beginning their apprenticeships, but they each recognized each other as soul mates. And shortly after their commitment was done they wed. They worked and raised a child, Rurik, within the familial embrace of House Kundarak until a raid by the Jhorash’tar orcs stole them from their child.

Rurik having few other options took a position as an apprentice to Brodin Kladan, a Ranger and friend of his parents. And so he passed the next few decades learning about weapons and dungeoneering. But more importantly he learned to hone his senses, his first line of defense, against encroaching enemy. But with his skill he also drew jealousy, which would again end his comfortable existence. On a rare day of leisure he would find himself accosted by a group of drunks making fun of his habit of always wearing his armor. Never one to back down from a fight he faced the leader ready to teach him a lesson in civility. And it was from there that things went from bad to worse. He didn’t know why they had drawn a weapon but his instinct had saved him. Unfortunately it would leave two others dead.

From there he raced home and packed his belongings and set out. Not knowing what to do he started traveling southwestward hoping to put as much distance between him and the Holds. And though it would take him many months and cause him to hire on to many caravans he would finally reach the steps of Sharn. So it is here that he had decided to begin his life anew.

(Unbeknownst to him the fight had been viewed by another group a short distance away. So while the families of the slain still hold out for vengeance, Rurik has been cleared of any wrongdoing. Unfortunately in his haste he outran the news.)

(Also he becomes agitated and cross when around other dwarves.)

Bront

The man with the probe
I think she's looking for interesting characters and concepts, beyond that, it's all game.

I'm a rogue withough trapfinding, so figure that one out.

There was also a spell thief mentioned that she was interested in.

Just make your character how you want it. If we end up with 5 rogues and a warlock, so be it. Isida will sort it out.

Remove ads