Adventure:-- LPNN (Manzanita Judging)

rln

Explorer
Ogrin

"Master Hallidor, I have no means of transportation. How will we travel to Rangarata?"

Ogrin will walk to the Inn, buy some supplies on the way, and still be there in good time to grab a beer and chat with his buddies.

OOC: Ogrin and Rasereit knows each other from a previous adventure; he'll mention to Rasereit where he's going while in the Inn, so that the dwarf may have an opportunity to catch up.

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
Almayce nods at Hallidor and starts walking towards the inn after Ogrin (he doesn't actually ask permission to walk with him, but keeps close anyway), and keeps en eye out of anybody who might be following them.

two

First Post
Vargo said:
Vargo, who has been quiet until now, nods to the story and says "If the story of the moving curtains is true, then it is quite possible the assassin was still in the room, possibly concealing himself via some spell."

OOC: I've gotten myself tied up in some very crazy stuff unexpectedly, I should be able to post 1-2 times a day every weekday, with the occasional gap. If that's not often enough, let me know.

{That's fine. I just wasn't sure if you had dropped out or not. 1-2 times per day during the week is what I'll be averaging very soon as well.}

Rystil Arden

First Post
--Why does he leave alone when he sees that there are evil ones watching us?--
--Curious indeed. He is clearly more than he seems. Perhaps he hopes to meet with this syndicate that he says does not exist.--
--You could be right. Why is nothing ever as simple as they say it will be?--
--Humans are deceptive creatures Zaeryl. Just listen to me and you will be safe. Why don't you observe this Hallidor throughout this 'quest' of his and see what I mean. What's more, you will receive some gold as well.--
--Sounds like a plan.--

*Zaeryl heads back towards the inn with the others.*

two

First Post
Hallidor gave no indication of any sophisticated travel arrangements, and due to a very high spot check on sombody's part, his shoes show themselves to be noteworthy for being both muddy and well-worn. As Hallidor was striding away after dispensing lucre, the soles of his shoes were also visible briefly -- and they looked very thin.

two

First Post
*time passes, nearly an hour, in fact. For the sake of simplicity, eveyone involved is waiting outside of the tavern at the specified time*

“Ah, you are as good as your word,” says Hallidor, as he appears in the courtyard of the Red Dragon roughly 55 minutes after leaving to do his chores, “I am impressed. Everyone is here. I am greatly honored. I hope it is a short and simple trip, concluding with a short and simple investigation.

I received a letter from my cousin to take back to Rangarata; in addition, I am now adequately provisioned for the 5 day walk.

As it is already 3 p.m., I suggest we leave immediately and go as far as we can. After that, a good 5 days of hiking and walking will have us closing in on fair Rangarata.”

Attachments

• rangarata.jpg
    rangarata.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 100

two

First Post
*Time for the PC's to do a little work.*

I'm going to need 1) a "default" marching order, and 2) a "default" camping routine/watch routine.

By camping routine I mean: do you keep a fire lit all night? Is anyone tenting? What is your rough distribution when camping?

It seems likely at this point that Rasereit Vundinn is a no-show; I have an email pending, but no response so far. He is ignorable.

Hallidor is quite amenable to most of your (assuming rational) suggestions; he recognizes that many of you have more experience than he does in organizing small parties. He is happy taking a watch and leading the way, if desired.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"This one does not sleep--he need only meditate for four hours each day," Zaeryl points out helpfully to whoever wants to start thinking of a marching order. From a human, this is a rather strange pronouncement, but Zaeryl is not the most normal person.

Vargo

First Post
Vargo, Human Druid

"I am quite willing to take a watch shift. My senses are like a wolf's, and two pairs of eyes are always better than one. As far as marching order goes, I should probably be somewhere in the middle or back. I'm not terribly good in a fight, but Huln" - he reaches down and pets his companion firmly on his head - "can carry his own weight as well as any of you sword swingers. Just make sure to count all your fingers if you try to get him to do any tricks for you."

Remove ads