Adventure:-- LPNN (Manzanita Judging)

Bront

The man with the probe
Rae ArdGaoth said:
OOC: Aha! Thank you very much, Bront. In that case, Razh is just wearing his night clothes (a monk's outfit) and has an AC of 12.
OOC: Might be good to invest in Endurance then next level. Probably makes some sense for the character anyway :)

I have one character who carries an extra chain shirt so he can sleep, but he wears Full Plate (though he just got Mitril)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
OOC: Might be good to invest in Endurance then next level. Probably makes some sense for the character anyway :)

I have one character who carries an extra chain shirt so he can sleep, but he wears Full Plate (though he just got Mitril)
(OOC: I suggest mithral breastplate instead, and save on the feat)

Xael

First Post
OOC: Unless something drastic happens...

Round 2: Almayce will cast Light at the loaded crossbow bolt and try to move behind something (or someone) for cover.

Round 3: Almayce will shoot the glowing crossbow bolt towards the attackers to light up the area, targeting the ground near them (empty square has an ac of 5, so even Almayce should hit that).

rln

Explorer
Ogrin drops to the ground, shouting to wake the others, "We're under attack!" while he's trying to figure out where the bolt came from.

on subsequent rounds, he plans to:

(1) crawl into cover (MEA) and ready his shield (MEA?)

(2) stand stand up (MEA) and move towards any attacker he see's (MEA), preferring the sniper if he can figure out the location

(3) Attack,attack, attack!

Last edited:

two

First Post
Round 2 creeps along

Initiative Order:

I22: Ratman1
I22: Ogrin
I22: Rasereit
I19: Ratman2
I17: Rats
I16: Hallidor
I12: Juliana
I7: Zaeryl
I7: Vargo & Wolf
I2: Almayce

I22: Ogrin drops to the ground (free action, +4 to AC vs ranged), shouting to wake the others, "We're under attack!" while he's trying to figure out where the bolt came from. Ogrin then attempts to crawl to cover; he finds a small rise in the earth, and hides behind it, offering an additional +2 to AC.

I22: Rasereit Vundinn (note, “If you have a base attack bonus of +1 or higher, you can combine one of these actions with a regular move. If you have the Two- Weapon Fighting feat, you can draw two light or one-handed weapons in the time it would normally take you to draw one”) jumps up and draws 2 axes, one in each hand. As Rasereit stands and looks around, he spots, at the edge of his darkvision, the following sight: two smiling rat-men, calmly loading crossbows just within the forest, with a number of fat-n-ugly rats crawling around their feet (roughly 5 of them).

I22: Everyone not awake awakes. Juliana’s init is 12, Vargo’s & Huln the Wolf’s 7, Hallidor’s 16.

I19: Rasereit sees one of the ratmen smiling and aiming at the ground – presumably attempting to finish off the already-damaged PC. A second crossbow shot is heard, a sort of low twanging sound. Rasereit thinks he hears one of the ratman say something to the other ratman in ratish – a chittering, squeaking language – which terminates with a word in common – “runt.” Or perhaps it was just Rasereit’s imagination… The roll is “17”, which despite Ogrin’s cover and being prone, strikes him, doing 5 points additional damage. Ogrin’s taken a total of 12 and feels none too lively.

Rasereit sees the two ratmen turn and nod at each other, smiling broadly. Their long, naked, and ugly tails suddenly appear above their heads and smack together. It's clear they are quite proud of their shooting skills. They would probably chest-bump if they were not busy reloading crossbows.

I16: Hallidor leaps up and draws his mace, shouting, “what is it? What is attacking us?”

I12: Juliana stands up (MEA) and invokes thicken skin (standard action). {What is Juliana’s AC now?} Juliana has not yet drawn a weapon or readied her shield.

I7: Zaeryl “uses his Concentration to erase all signs of manifestation and burns Psionic Focus to cast Vigour for 2 Power Points at Manifester Level 2, gaining 10 temporary hit points.” Zaeryl can also stand up out of his kneeling trace-position as an MEA (if desired).

I7: Vargo & Wolf do something {what?}

I2: Almayce casts Light at his loaded crossbow bolt and move behind Rasereit for cover. This is possible because Almayce knows where the enemy is shooting from.

NOTE to all: if you have not yet posted it, let me know what your actions are for round 2 and round 3. Currently I need input from Vargo on round 2, and a few others re: round 3. Genereal ideas for round 4 appreciated as well, but naturally things might change...

In addition, only Rasereit actually sees the enemy and has indentified them at this point; all the other PC's are 'in the dark'. Almayce sees shadowy figures; but can't quite pin them down.

Attachments

• wererat_upload.jpg
    wererat_upload.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases