Adventure:-- LPNN (Manzanita Judging)

Xael

First Post
Almayce listens to Hallidor silently, waiting for this to get to the point. The distraction seems to slightly annoy him. "Mr. Hallidor.", he says, sounding not at all worried by the distraction. "How does the man with no manners relate to this "mystery"?", he continues while staring at the smoke with annoyed look on his face.

*Well, that just about proves that her death was a murder.*, Almayce thinks.

two

First Post
Xael said:
Almayce listens to Hallidor silently, waiting for this to get to the point. The distraction seems to slightly annoy him. "Mr. Hallidor.", he says, sounding not at all worried by the distraction. "How does the man with no manners relate to this "mystery"?", he continues while staring at the smoke with annoyed look on his face.

*Well, that just about proves that her death was a murder.*, Almayce thinks.

“I’d suggest you shut your pie-hole, runt-elf,”
says the man with the pipe, “and quit poking around in other people’s business.

As for you, Hallidor, isn’t it time you started back to Rangarata – alone?”

There is a flare of light in the darkness as the Man With The Pipe takes a deep pull.

Xael

First Post
two said:
“I’d suggest you shut your pie-hole, runt-elf,” says the man with the pipe, “and quit poking around in other people’s business.

Almayce lets out a dry burst of laughter, which sounds somewhat insulting and tells that he is clearly quite amused. "You sound quite confident while hidden there, mister.", he says while a slight grin forms to his face. *Exactly the reaction I expected. Pitiful.* "But I guess you're scared enough to stay hidden. And unfortunately to you, it seems to me that mister Hallidor is making this my business. And perhaps you haven't noticed, that currently it seems to be you who's poking around at other people's business.", he continues.

Almayce's eyes narrow, and his grin grows wider and more insulting. "And frankly, that is a problem, now isn't it."

*I wonder if he's going to attack me now, poor thing. Probably not. He'll just insult me again and try to Intimidate me.*

OOC: Is the man Invisible or just in the darkness? If it's just darkness and the man seems to be not that far away (seems like so), then Almayce will cast Light at his Holy Symbol of Gliran. And maybe I should wait for others, but I'm having fun at the moment so...

Last edited:

two

First Post
{The Man With The Pipe is currently hidden in the darkness, but only about 15 feet away. You know he's not invisible; you catch glimpses of his face whenever he draws strongly on the pipe. Almayce casts ‘light’ without issue; the alleyway lights up, and illuminates...}

The Man With The Pipe, aka Tryggvi, is revealed. He sports a slender build, is of average height, and has sun-bleached blond hair. His face is clean-shaven, and he seems to be around thirty years old. He is wearing some sort of armor under his clothing, and a dagger hangs off his belt. His jet-black pipe is smoking slowly; the tobacco seems to be of very fine quality, from the smell of it.

“Thanks pal,” Tryggvi says, speaking towards Almayce, “that gives us a very good view of your faces. Ok. I think I got you memorized pretty good, bud. Same for your little friends.

As for you, Hallidor, I know your face well enough already. And again I suggest – as a friend, mind you – that you simply return home, get back to your sheep, and mourn in peace. This public spectacle – it’s really unbecoming such an honored family as yours.”

Last edited:

rln

Explorer
OOC: Darn, Almayce beat me to that insult :)

"You have a loud mouth, mister. This is the Alleyrats' territory, and somehow i don't think you're a part of their gang."

Ogrin will step in between Hallidor and Tryggvi, preparing to push Hallidor out of harms way* should the man in the shadows prove hostile.

*) ie readying an Aid another action to give Hallidor a bonus to AC. He has bluff +4 for the gang threat, which is just to bait him into revealing more about the conclave.

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
two said:
“Thanks pal,” Tryggvi says, speaking towards Almayce, “that gives us a very good view of your faces. Ok. I think I got you memorized pretty good, bud. Same for your little friends.”

*Nice try. Better luck next time.*

"Us? Oh dear, are you implying that you were actually worried about us enough to bring friends, or that you're going to tell your big brother that a little elf teased you, yes? And tell him to come beat me up? Or perhaps you're planning to bravely stab me into the back when I turn around?", Almayce says, his voice thick of sarcasm. "And by the way, I'm quite sure if you're even half as dangerous as you're desperately trying to seem, you would have no trouble getting a look or description of our faces the second we leave this alleyway. No, mister, I think the only one that lost some advantage in this alley is you.", he continues, still grinning and staring at the man. "But it was worth a shot to try to cover up your mistake, correct?

Almayce turns to look at Hallidor, his face turning almost back to normal. "Mr. Hallidor. I think you may consider me hired, even before hearing the rest of the story.", he says. Narrowing his eyes again, he continues: "Now, what do we do about this man?" His voice clearly sounds like he's waiting for an order to kill.

*I hope these people I'm working with can fight.*

Last edited:

two

First Post
Hallidor moves to one side of Ogrin, pulls out his mace, and stand straight and tall.

“Tryggvi, I don’t know what you think you are doing, but I’d suggest you keep well clear of me and my mission. You don’t scare me. Your warnings don’t scare me. The Conclave, whatever it may be, doesn’t scare me.

I’m going to find out what happened to Hallidora. You can either get in my way, or stand clear. If you do try to interfere, I'll spare neither you nor anyone you work with."

Hallidor speaks well, loudly, and confidently. He's clearly no coward.

Tryggvi listens carefully and nods.

"I was rather hoping you were going to say something like that," Tryggvi says, "in some ways, it clears everything away from my path.

Your 'friends' there, by the way, are not likely to help your cause. They truly have a mercenary look to them -- at least the elf-runt and the true-runt. Mind your kneecaps, Hallidor. Don't bump that poor man's forehead."

Tryggvi says this with a 'low' chuckle, pointing at Ogrin with his glowing pipe before moving backwards into the darkness and fading out of view. You listen for his receeding footsteps, and realize you hear none. Tryggvi is simply gone.

Xael

First Post
Almayce gives a grinning nod to Ogrin. "Well said, Mr. Hallidor. Now, please tell us the rest.", he says to Hallidor, sounding rather eager to listen. He will keep an eye out for Tryggvi while he listens to Hallidor though.

rln

Explorer
"What a charming fellow. I do hope we run into each other again."

From the tone of his voice, there's no doubt Ogrin will try to pay back that insult with cold steel the next time he sees Tryggvi.

"Aye, I'm in on this too, lad, if you tell me what your relationship to mr talks-out-of-'is-a*se is."

Xael

First Post
rln said:
"What a charming fellow. I do hope we run into each other again."

"Very charming. No doubt he ran off to prepare a big lot of his friends to ambush us on the way or murder us on our sleep.", Almayce says and chuckles.

"He was very good at trying to evade or ignore the clearly correct insults though."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases