Adventure:-- LPNN (Manzanita Judging)

rln

Explorer
Ogrin Brutalfist, halfling thug

OOC: Here's my plan ahead, I'll modify as we go along if needed (ie if longtooth flees in my direction or a bat swarm appears)

Round 20: Ogrins eyes opens slightly as Almayce channels energy into the halflings broken body. He opens his mouth and asks, "They dead yet?" in a low, pained voice. Upon getting a negative answer, he groans, gets to his feet [MA] and moves towards the battle while retrieving his warhammer*[MA].

Round 21: While removing his shield, Ogrin goes looking for trouble, limping as fast as he can over the rocky hilltop towards the battle [MA]. If he can't attack this round, he'll stop a 5ft step (to avoid AoO) away unless Longtooth looks harmless (prone, disarmed, used AoO, grappling, dead etc)

Round 22: Ogrin will step into the battle (5ft step or move+tumble) and attack twohanded, flanking if possible.

AC without shield: 18, HP 3/17, Attack +4, Damage (2H) 1D6+3 (+1D6 Sneak attack)

*) Yes, he carries three backup weapons - Short sword, dagger and warhammer. Oh, and a sap. And a sling. :)

Last edited:

Vargo

First Post
Vargo will keep it simple - he'll go around the south of the rock pile with Huln in tow, letting Huln attack only if the others do.

two

First Post
Round 20 begins

Round 20:

I20 LongTooth stoops over and picks up something silvery and jangling from the ground and places his hand back on his weapon.

LongTooth then turns away from the party, towards Slinker, and seems to be doing something else. You could tell what it was with more precision if you could see through his body. He also takes a 5’ step towards fallen Slinker.

(refer to graphic).

Everyone spent the previous round getting bolts and crossbows ready, standing up, and moving into position. Razh, you could not get a shot off in round 19 because you forgot to take a MEA to, well, move where you could shoot at LongTooth.

So. The graphic indicates where we are. Ogrin is now awake and is ready to stand up and move to the battle. Everyone else should specify their action; but I suspect Razh will just shoot, shoot, shoot, as will Zaeryl.

{Actually, since Razh might not be able to respond very well for a few days, that is in fact how I will play him; move and shoot, move and shoot.}

Attachments

• boothill_battle_20.jpg
    boothill_battle_20.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 193

two

First Post
In particular, I need to know if any of the PC's are going to engage LongTooth in melee besides (when he gets there, apparantly), Ogrin, or just "ready" actions, keep your distance, and see what develops?

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana will rush LT with a trip attack (Not charging, just approaching and attacking). +2 touch attack, +6 on trip, if tripped, +2 to hit, 1d8+2 dmg, 20x2 crit. If she can, she will try to flank LT.

two

First Post
End of the Battle (likely)

Round 20:

LongTooth 20
Hallidor 20
Ogrin 16
Raz 13
Zaeryl 13
Juliana 6
Almayce 6
Vargo & Wolf 1

After LongTooth does what he does, Hallidor, who is weaponless and not quite up to tackling yet another WereRat, hangs back. He then moves off and looks for his heavy mace, to be used to smack enemies.

Ogrin stand up and moves 20’, drawing his warhammer for free.

Raz moves a bit to his left and squeezes off a shot at LongTooth; next round he will reload and fire again. “4” indicates not much effect.

Zaeryl does the same; attacks and reloads. “1” is a complete and utter whiff.

Juliana bravely steps up to the plate, and as she moves through LongTooth’s reach, she is not attacked. As she gets within 5’ of LongTooth, she sees that one of LongTooth’s hands is off his weapon, and is holding a squat potion, the top of which is off. Juliana is attempting a trip attack, and rolls a “20” tripping (rather, hitting the touch attack) for sure. The opposed roll is: 16/4, indicating that LongTooth is, verily, tripped. Juliana follow-up attack is “10”, missing the prone LT.

Almayce squirrels around a bit.

Since Vargo now sees Juliana attacking, he send Huln (bravely) into melee. Huln double moves into flanking position.

Round 21:

LongTooth 20
Hallidor 20
Slinker: 17
Ogrin 16
Raz 13
Zaeryl 13
Juliana 6
Almayce 6
Vargo & Wolf 1

LongTooth, cursing Juliana, stands up. This provokes AOO’s of course, from Juliana and Huln. Juliana attacks (she can’t re-trip because LT isn’t standing yet). She hits with a “17” and does 2 points of damage. Huln attacks and does nothing much with a “2”.

LongTooth then reaches over and pours a potion down Slinker’s throat. For the purpose of this combat, this is a standard action (it’s usually a full round action); this keeping the error made previous in the battle consistent (giving the potion to Z as a standard action, giving the potion to Almayce). In the future, however, giving potions to unconscious PC’s is a full round action. (I was in error previously as were some of the PC’s I think).

This provokes an AOO, or would, if they had not been used up. Slinker, nearly expiring, opens his eyes wide; he looks very healthy once again. That was one good potion, rather, one excellent roll for healing! I’m going to re-roll Slinker’s initiative because he’s been out of it for a bit here.

LongTooth also puts both his hands back on his reach weapon. He’s not happy. He makes a 5’ adjustment.

New Slinker init: 17.

LongTooth growls something to Slinker under his breath in rattish.

Slinker stands up; and then “readies” an action in response to LongTooth; he seems to be waiting for something.

Ogrin double moves and finally gets into combat position. He doesn’t quite have enough movement to flank Slinker, however, he now is exposed to LongTooth’s reach weapon, and LongTooth gladly takes the chance to whack-n-hack. A “1” indicates a wild miss.

Razh and Zaeryl re-load and re-fire. Razh hits with a “20” and does “6” points of real damage to LongTooth, who winces. He did NOT like that.

Juliana does the old “trip” attack on LT. She makes a 5’ step up and trips away. “15” is good; 13/10 is too. Followup attack is “11” which is a miss.

Almayce scurries about.

Huln attack per Vargo’s request. He makes a 5’ step to flank LT and bites. He hits doing 1 point of damage to LT.

{refer to graphic near_end.jpg}

Round 22:

LongTooth stands up, provoking AOO’s from Huln and J. “8” and “5” is not very inspiring. LongTooth then moves back 30’ into the shadowy darkness due north; this triggers Slinker’s readied action, which was to move and follow LT. Slinker provokes an AOO from Ogrin, who rolls a “4” and whiffs.

Both Slinker and LongTooth are now 30’ North in the shadows, and obviously are intent upon retreating more.

The PC’s can of course chase; but LongTooth has his weapon out, and is grumpy to boot.

Your call.

Attachments

• near_end.jpg
    near_end.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 164

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Zaeryl wouldn't have fired at a prone Longtooth because of the penalty because he simply can't hit, and would have instead used Aid Another on Razh's shot to offset the penalty. I doubt it makes a difference though.)

*Zaeryl can't chase the wererats in his condition, so he coup de graces the last one that was left behind if it isn't already dead. Best to make sure they accomplished something tonight, at least.*

Xael

First Post
Round 20: Almayce moves after Ogrin and heals this for 3 points.

Round 21: Almayce goes to pick up the silver bolt Rasereit dropped, and then moves to pick up his own crossbow.

Round 22: Almayce decides to abandon his crossbow idea, picks up a torch and tosses it after the rats.

two

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Zaeryl wouldn't have fired at a prone Longtooth because of the penalty because he simply can't hit, and would have instead used Aid Another on Razh's shot to offset the penalty. I doubt it makes a difference though.)

*Zaeryl can't chase the wererats in his condition, so he coup de graces the last one that was left behind if it isn't already dead. Best to make sure they accomplished something tonight, at least.*

[SBLOCK] Aid Another is melee only.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases