Adventure:-- LPNN (Manzanita Judging)

Xael

First Post
OOC: Okay, fighting Wererats might make this a bit more difficult than I though. Especially since they seem to have +9 or higher attack bonus (they hit AC 26?! Ogrin wtih 17), which means they have levels. And I don't think we have a single silver weapon in the party. Oh well, Rasereit will just have to KILL THEM ALL! :heh:

Round 3: If Ogrin takes one more hit, Almayce convers Bane to Cure Light Wounds for 1d8+2 points of healing and casts it at Ogrin. He changes the target of the healing spell, if somebody else drops to 0 or lower HP.

If Ogrin is not hit again, then Almayce shoots the bolt near the enemies.

Round 4: Almayce will engage healbot-mode.

Last edited:

two

First Post
Xael said:
OOC: Okay, fighting Wererats might make this a bit more difficult than I though. Especially since they seem to have +9 or higher attack bonus, which means they have levels. And I don't think we have a single silver weapon in the party. Oh well, Rasereit will just have to KILL THEM ALL! :heh:

Round 3: If Ogrin takes one more hit, Almayce convers Bane to Cure Light Wounds for 1d8+2 points of healing and casts it at Ogrin. He changes the target of the healing spell, if somebody else drops to 0 or lower HP.

If Ogrin is not hit again, then Almayce shoots the bolt near the enemies.

Round 4: Almayce will engange healbot-mode.

{By the way, the wererats were firing at Ogrin and were invisible to Orgin (Ogrin lost dex to AC, they get +2 to attack via invis). They didn't need +9 attack bonus to hit...Ogrin's flatfooted AC is 17.

Thanks for the update on Almayce.}

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
two said:
{By the way, the wererats were firing at Ogrin and were invisible to Orgin (Ogrin lost dex to AC, they get +2 to attack via invis). They didn't need +9 attack bonus to hit...

Thanks for the update on Almayce.}

OOC: Yeah, I just noticed myself too. :) Matters quite a lot...

Last edited:

Vargo

First Post
Vargo yells out "Where are they, and how far out?" while proning himself. If he gets multiple confirmations of location, both in the same area, he drops an entangle (DC:15 Reflex) on their location. He has Huln prone himself behind him as well, free action due to animal companion status, handle animal check DC15?.

Bront

The man with the probe
two said:
[I12: Juliana stands up (MEA) and invokes thicken skin (standard action). {What is Juliana’s AC now?} Juliana has not yet drawn a weapon or readied her shield.

OOC: Doh, forgot my BAB isn't better than 0. AC is now 16. Juliana will draw her shield and flail, and move towards the source of the bolt. After that, she will attack one of the ratmen if possable, trying a trip attack (Touch attack with the flail (+2), trip is str opposed by str or dex, I get bonunses for improved trip (+6 is my total modifier to trip), plus, it's +4/-4 for every size different from medium. If I fail, he may attempt to trip me (same rules), though I can drop my weapon if I loose and am tripped. Also, with improved trip, if I succeed, I get a free normal attack.). If it's one of the rats, she will just make a normal attack.

two

First Post
Waiting on Zaeryl; everyone post actions for round 4

Finishing up round 2:

I7: Vargo & Wolf: both “prone” themselves, which is a free action to drop to one’s belly. Vargo “readies” an Entagle spell, waiting on some idea from others regarding where to cast it. Wolf drops to his belly following master’s bidding. “Down doggie” is, after all, a pretty common command.

Round 3:
I22: Ratman1
I22.1: Ogrin
I22.2: Rats (moved in initiative via readied action)
I22.3: Rasereit
I19: Ratman2
I16: Vargo & Wolf (moved up via readied entangle)
I16.1: Hallidor
I12: Juliana
I7: Zaeryl
I2: Almayce

I22: The two ratmen, having just a ball of a time, see Ogrin squirming on the ground like a stuck pig. However, he’s squirming – which indicates he’s not dead – which indicates another shot on the way. Ratman1 cuts loose with a shot, and rolls a “15”. Since he managed to ready his shield with a MEA last round after falling prone and crawling into a small hole, Ogrin is missed. Barely.

I22: Ogrin, huddled on the ground, “(2) stands up (MEA) and moves towards any attacker he see's (MEA), preferring the sniper if he can figure out the location”. As he is moving, Ogrin pulls out a weapon as a free action. Ogrin has heard the twangs of the crossbow fire, and hears the chattering of the rats; he knows they are to the North East a bit, and moves towards them 20’.

I22: Rasereit, having seen Ogrin bravely moving towards the ratmen with 2 bolts sticking out of him, ‘rages’ and charges, i.e. “A primal roar escapes Rasereit Vundinn's chest as he jumps to his feet and charges in the direction the dart came from”. Rasereit charges 60’ across the relatively open and clear ground, but before he quite reaches the two ratmen he is confronted by 5 dire rats, who move out to meet him (via a readied action). Rasereit can’t continue his charge through the rats, and the rats surround him as best they can. {sadly, partial charges are disallowed in 3.5 so the rats can just ready a move, not a charge}.

I19: Ratman2, seeing Rasereit surrounded by rats, and seeing that Ogrin has jumped up and is running in his direction, does the prudent thing. He shoots at Ogrin. Again. However, the presence of Rasereit so close must have bothered him – he rolls a freakin’ “1”!

I16: At this point, given all the running in one direction, and squeaking of rats and crossbows, and general craziness, Vargo has a good idea of where the enemy is, and cuts loose with an ‘entangle’. Both the ratmen somewhat within the forest and those in the clearing are susceptible to the spell – “Grasses, weeds, bushes, and even trees wrap, twist, and entwine about creatures in the area or those that enter the area, holding them fast and causing them to become entangled.” There are certainly weeds and tall grass in the clearing, some bushes too. Because Vargo’s casting “blind”, yet at the same time probably doesn’t want to get all his pals entangled, he’s got to make a roll. Obviously, with a 40’ radius spread, he could get everything and everyone. With a good roll, he pushes the radius back and gets just the ratties. Vargo gets an average of his spellcraft and listen check (Vargo, your character sheet link seems to have higher results than your skills posted on the first page of this thread, very confusing, note listen and spellcraft for example) to put the spell at a good spot. I think your PC sheet is right. Anyway the bonus is +7. Vargo’s “spell placement” roll is “20”! Total of +27. Basically, Vargo nailed it big time. I’ll put the spell effect at the most optimal spot, probably where you would put it if you could see everything. And, thanks to 5 rolls below 10, everyone failed their save. The two ratmen are entangled, as are 3 of the rats.

I16.1: Hallidor straps on his shield and moves towards the commotion.

I12: Juliana “will draw her shield and flail”, two MEA’s. Her AC is now 18 (the additional +2 for the shield).

I7: "Zaeryl concentrates again to put up a Force Screen without a manifestation, bringing his AC from 14 up to 18)"

I2: Almayce shoots a bolt with light spell upon it in direction of shadowy ratman. Rolls a “19” and does a great job. 20’ radius light lights up the rat-nest. They are clearly seen by everyone. Yup. Wererats. Vargo rolls a "2" on his K(Nature) roll and fails to recognize them as lycanthropes. Unless any of the PC's have dealt with WereRats before personally, you don't yet know anything special about them.

Note: if you have not yet moved you are not represented on the map, except for Alymace.

Attachments

• updated_b1.jpg
    updated_b1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana will charge Rat2 and attack normaly. If she fells it, she will attack Rat3 next round, otherwise wack at rat 2.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(Round 3: Zaeryl concentrates again to put up a Force Screen without a manifestation, bringing his AC from 14 up to 18)

(Round 4: Zaeryl, still apparently in a trance and with no signs of having woken up, manifests an Astral Construct with Improved Slam Attack feature. When it appears, the little beastie will charge, giving it +5 to hit and 1d6+3 damage, with an AC of 16 and 15 hp)

Xael

First Post
Round 3: Seeing that Ogrin is moving closer to the battle, Almayce follows him after shooting. "Hold it. You're no use to anyone if you're dead."

Round 4: Almayce converts Bane to Cure Light Wounds and casts it at Ogrin.

Vargo

First Post
Vargo, Human Druid

Vargo will move up behind the rest of the crew, but not get in melee range; if somebody falls, he will stabilize them using Cure Minor Wounds, then untrained heal checks.

Remove ads