Adventure:-- LPNN (Manzanita Judging)

rln

Explorer
If it seems all of the others will ride, Ogrin will purchase a donkey with saddle from a stable nearby the Inn. He has the funds to do it.

OOC: I will be going on a business trip from DC to Las Vegas tomorrow and back on tuesday. I'll have network, but maybe not time to look in several times per day. Sorry. Feel free to NPC me into action if needed to move the action along. ogrin is pretty easygoing and can usually be talked into anything that isn't suicidal (and sometimes even that :) )

OOC2: marching/watch order is fine with Ogrin. He warns the others that Razh, as Rasereit is known to his friends, tend to fall asleep rather quickly and is likely to appreciate a later watch shift :)

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: I'm not riding a horse :( I can almost afford a light Warhorse, but not going to buy anything less than that.

Xael

First Post
OOC: March order and watches look good, except that Almayce only needs that 4 hours of rest and 1 hour for spell preparation (which he doesn't need to do if nothing happens) so he can take multiple watches.

Bront

The man with the probe
Xael said:
OOC: March order and watches look good, except that Almayce only needs that 4 hours of rest and 1 hour for spell preparation (which he doesn't need to do if nothing happens) so he can take multiple watches.
OOC: You still need 8 hours of rest, even if you only need 4 hours of sleep. That's actualy specificly stated in the PHB.

Xael

First Post
Bront said:
OOC: You still need 8 hours of rest, even if you only need 4 hours of sleep. That's actualy specificly stated in the PHB.

OOC: Only Arcane spellcasters (and Psions). Divine spellcasters don't actually need to rest at all to prepare spells.

two

First Post
{Looks like 2 of the group are on vacation this weekend. I’ll wait until Monday before posting anything that requires action from the entire party. Welcome back Razh. I wasn’t sure if you were eaten by a blubber whale or what.}

Hallidor appears quite pleased at how everything has gone so far; his expectations, as it were, seem to have been met or exceeded.

“Well, no reason to be waiting around! Let’s go!” Hallidor shouts in high good humor, waving his hand over his head.

As the party moves off and into their default traveling arrangement, Hallidor finds himself snugly ensconced in the middle, a position he accepts without comment.

{The following Marching Order is assumed unless specifically modified}
Juliana | Ogrin
Almayce | Zaeryl
Hallidor
Vargo | Rasereit
Vargo’s Wolf

As you travel out of the city, moving South, Hallidor takes a deep breath.

“That’s good, back in the country… I don’t feel very comfortable in those big cities… particularly when I’m threatened in dark alleyways…”

Hallidor, except for an occasional comment, is for the most part silent… intent on the travels, intent on making good time.

You take the road heading West and South, towards Allimon, reaching and passing the town as dusk falls. On the left and right is a young forest, consisting of fields that might have been cleared 150 years ago but have been untended since. Occasionally there are stands of larger, older trees, and an occasional stream cutting alongside or across the road (typically bridges are non-existent and wading the shallow water is required).

About two miles West of Allimon, Hallidor signals for the party to stop.

“This looks like a good place to rest for the night. I don’t think we are the first to have camped here, though, by the looks of the fire pits scattered about.”

Sure enough, to the left of the road (indicated in brown) is a clearing in the forest. Note that the trees, while seemingly thick, actually have a modest trunk radius but are quite tall; the trees, all roughly the same age, were competing for sunlight from the time they were saplings. The cause for the clearing is apparent; the ground here is rocky, with bits of granite jutting up at funny angles. Grass, low bushes, and other scrub plants can grow here, but some of these have been cleared away by travelers or nibbled to death by mounts (horses, donkeys, etc.).

As the fire is made and dinner eaten, Hallidor wanders around the edge of the clearing.

“Looks good to me,” he says, finally laying down on a grassy patch and using a bedroll as a pillow, “thank goodness it’s not the dead of winter. I wouldn’t like to face a January wind right now.”

{unless otherwise modified, the following watch schedule is used. Hallidor suggested he accompany Rasereit on the 3rd watch}

1st: Juliana, Zaeryl
2nd: Ogrin, Almayce
3rd: Rasereit & Hallidor
4th: Zaeryl, Almayce, Vargo (So Almayce and Vargo can memorize spells, may have to take a quick break durring the rest to do that.)

As Vargo looks around, he fails (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=102505) to spot the nest of a rare Spotted Woodpecker, which is (granted) both rare and solitary, making moss nests in tiny holes on the Northward side of half-rotten trees.

Night, as they say, falls… the moon is 1/3 visible, cloud cover moderate.

{Does the party attempt to keep a fire stoked all night? Incidentally, I will be using InvisibleCastle.com for all rolls, thus all rolls are ‘public’, thus I won’t be able or willing to fudge any results. If Joe Evil Bad Guy rolls a lucky crit, so be it. Ditto the otherwise useless Commoner, etc.}

Attachments

• clearing1.gif
    clearing1.gif
    42.7 KB · Views: 128

Remove ads