Adventure:-- LPNN (Manzanita Judging) - Page 8





+ Log in or register to post
Page 8 of 81 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 804
  1. #71
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Rystil Arden's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cambridge, MA
    Posts
    38,388

    ř Ignore Rystil Arden
    "A wizard? Bah. We have no need for them. We wield the power of the cosmos in our very hands while they piddle with their books and scribblings. As for combat, we have seen much, but this one is frail and unable to take much punishment--until we can use our power to strengthen it, we must be careful."

 

  • #72
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    two's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,117

    ř Ignore two

    Three Curious Creepers

    Hallidor listens carefully to everything that is said, asks a few more obvious questions, and then lapses into a thoughtful silence.

    The evening passes without incident, the watches changes at the appropriate times, the night is quiet and still.

    The next day is not particularly eventful. A morning mist disperses with the rising sun. The day is warm but not hot; it hovers around 78 all day. Lunch is pleasant, and fresh streams abound supplying clear, cold water. Making good progress, you stop near dusk when you reach a clearing that Hallidor terms “good enough.” The woods are, again, rather sparse and young; this clearing was the result of logging a few decades back. Since then, it has been kept relatively clear by passing travelers and grazers such as deer (who enjoy sapling leaves as much as the next, well, deer).

    Vargo makes an excellent knowledge (K) check (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=103721) and discovers a small plant he’s never seen before. After touching its leaves, smelling it, and inspecting it, Vargo decides it is “Old Man’s Curse,” a plant causing a rash on contact. Vargo attempts not to itch his hands, at least not very frequently.

    {refer to attachments for visuals of travel}

    Dinner is made, watches mounted, the fire stoked. Dusk deepens, and turns into night. The moon is a little over 1/3 visible, cloud cover moderate – clouds drifting over the moon every once in a while.

    During the second watch http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=103724, outside the visible or audible range of anyone in the party, something, however, happens.

    {PC’s do not know the following: 3 creatures see the low glow of the fire in the clearing… and have anyway some reasonable understanding of what is camping there for the night… they decide to slowly make their way towards the campsite, hiding themselves in the gloom and making sure to move quietly (taking 10 on hides/move silently). Repeat, the PC’s do not know this yet.}

    At first, the creepers are 100 feet away.

    Ogrin (1/-1 listen/spot) & Almayce (5/5 listen/spot), are on the second watch, and are (hopefully) watching and listening.

    Ogrin rolls http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=103726 a 3 & and 3, a truly hideous result. Almayce, on the other hand, rolls a 20/14, giving him a 25 listen and 20 spot. Incredibly better!

    As Almayce is sitting by the fire, he hears – dimly but he thinks clearly, although at a distance – a high-pitched chittering sound, as well as the sound of something rubbing against something else. It is coming vaguely from the East of the firepit.

    So, the question is, what does Almayce do?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails campsite2.jpg   campsite_micro.jpg  

  • #73
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Xael's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Rovaniemi, Finland
    Posts
    2,471

    ř Ignore Xael
    *I wonder if Mr. pipeman and his friends got here already. Hopefully. I'd like to get them dealt with and there are some questions I want to ask.*

    Almayce starts preparing his crossbow while continuing to stare at the woods. "There's trouble nearby. Wake up the others.", he says to Ogrin with a silent voice.
    Last edited by Xael; Tuesday, 14th June, 2005 at 07:23 AM.
    --Xael "Blackrobe" Xorlarrin
    LEW characters: Almayce, Nezrak Duskstar, Ducane Grimm.

  • #74
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    two's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,117

    ř Ignore two

    It Begins

    {Ogrin, tell me the first person you are going to wake. It takes a move action to get to them and another to shake them awake reasonably quietly. Or, if you do something else, let me know.}

    Almayce -- in the shadowy darkness, about 50 feet away and to the North West of the fire, you see three or four shadowy figures suddenly appear at the edge of the forest clearing. They have stopped, remaining in the forest, and seem to be attempting to keep quiet and remain relatively unobserved. You suspect a human would not notice them; but you are not a human.

    As you focus your senses, you hear more distant scraping sounds, and a horrible chattering noise that is abruptly cut off. You now can pick out two distinct large shapes, as well as a third shape which seems to consist of mass of smaller shapes…

    Almayce’s crossbow is loaded and at the ready. Ogrin has been informed of some noise, and barring other direction has gone over to 1 or 2 PC friends to let them know what’s going on. Ogin does not see or hear any enemy, simply takes Almayce’s word on it.

    Initiative for those aware of each other at the moment:

    Almayce gets a horrible roll: http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=103875, initiative 2.
    Orgin (if it matters a bit later this round) gets a good roll, 19 + 3 = 22.

    {All rolls for this combat are available for viewing at http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?u=LPNN, I won’t keep linking them. That gives a total list of all the rolls I’m making.}

    {note to self: 19/17/14, bad guys going at 22, 19, and 17.}

    {Ogrin’s input very much needed at this point}


    {In the attachment, A= Almayce. There are arcs of bright light (thanks to the fire and the everburning torch) and arcs of shadowy illumination. Low-light vision doubles both, allowing Almayce to see the 3 figures}




    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails b1.jpg  
    Last edited by two; Tuesday, 14th June, 2005 at 02:53 PM.

  • #75
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    two's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,117

    ř Ignore two
    {paging Ogrin, Paging Ogrin...

    Everyone check the thread 1 or 2 times a day if possible during these action-intensive times...

    Everyone else, consider in advance what your probable actions might be...

    That's all...}
    Last edited by two; Wednesday, 15th June, 2005 at 12:43 AM.

  • #76
    Supressive Overlord
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Bront's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    22,818

    ř Ignore Bront
    Quote Originally Posted by two
    {paging Ogrin, Paging Ogrin...

    Everyone check the thread 1 or 2 times a day if possible during these action-intensive times...

    Everyone else, consider in advance what your probable actions might be...

    That's all...}
    OOC: Ogrin hasn't been on since yesterday, but he's in Sweeden, so his times of access might be different.

  • #77
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    two's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,117

    ř Ignore two
    Quote Originally Posted by Bront
    OOC: Ogrin hasn't been on since yesterday, but he's in Sweeden, so his times of access might be different.
    {Ah, ok thanks -- Sweden, eh? }

  • #78
    Supressive Overlord
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Bront's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Aurora, IL
    Posts
    22,818

    ř Ignore Bront
    Quote Originally Posted by two
    {Ah, ok thanks -- Sweden, eh? }
    OOC: Yup. THe location notes under the avatar are sometimes usefull

  • #79
    "Be careful, Almayce. Retreat if you're overwhelmed.", Ogrin says in a hushed voice as Almayce disappears into the shadows.

    Ogrin approaches Rasereit. "Razh, wake up. Something's coming." He'll then proceed around the campfire, waking the others.

    OOC: To make things easy i assume we are sleeping in the watch order, so that's the order I'll wake people in. If battle noises are heard, I will shout to help raise the others, if not I will wake them quietly.

    OOC2: Actually, I'm in the US (DC) on business until mid-july. I travel every now and then and yesterday, I was on the move from Las Vegas and without Internet most of the day. Sorry for not giving a heads-up, I usually do.
    Last edited by rln; Wednesday, 15th June, 2005 at 01:04 PM.
    Living ENWorld character: Ogrin Brutalfist, currently in Manzanita's S3: Scythe of Seto
    "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."

  • #80
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    two's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    1,117

    ř Ignore two
    Quote Originally Posted by rln
    "Be careful, Almayce. Retreat if you're overwhelmed.", Ogrin says in a hushed voice as Almayce disappears into the shadows.

    Ogrin approaches Rasereit. "Razh, wake up. Something's coming." He'll then proceed around the campfire, waking the others.

    OOC: To make things easy i assume we are sleeping in the watch order, so that's the order I'll wake people in. If battle noises are heard, I will shout to help raise the others, if not I will wake them quietly.

    OOC2: Actually, I'm in the US (DC) on business until mid-july. I travel every now and then and yesterday, I was on the move from Las Vegas and without Internet most of the day. Sorry for not giving a heads-up, I usually do.
    {no problem. I'll work through the first few rounds of combat today with any luck.}

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 8 of 81 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Malice of the Medusa (pt-1) [Manzanita judging]
      By HolyMan in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 361
      Last Post: Thursday, 19th August, 2010, 06:21 PM
    2. W2a: The Doublemurder Goblins (Manzanita Judging)
      By Wik in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 133
      Last Post: Friday, 10th October, 2008, 08:54 PM
    3. R2: Rats in a Maze [Manzanita judging]
      By Dungannon in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 1473
      Last Post: Tuesday, 20th November, 2007, 08:27 PM
    4. Niobe's Dilemma (Manzanita Judging)
      By Bront in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 876
      Last Post: Friday, 9th March, 2007, 06:08 AM
    5. Replies: 897
      Last Post: Thursday, 2nd June, 2005, 08:10 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •