Diplomatic Immunity: Almost Ready Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
Cool. So, if I have a metamagic feat, I can either spontaniously cast it from the Signature spells, or I can prepare it in as a wizard of sorts, but I can't cast it spontaniously from a prepaired spell?

unleashed

First Post
Bront said:
Cool. So, if I have a metamagic feat, I can either spontaniously cast it from the Signature spells, or I can prepare it in as a wizard of sorts, but I can't cast it spontaniously from a prepaired spell?

You can cast it spontaneously from the wizard spells. The Wizard spells you prepare work in exactly the same as the signature spells, but you can change them on a daily basis with others from your spellbook.

Bront

The man with the probe
And they're cast based on Int. Which, in this particular case, makes no real difference.

unleashed

First Post
Bront said:
And they're cast based on Int. Which, in this particular case, makes no real difference.

If I understand correctly, yes you can prepare a Signature Spell as a Prepared Spell if you wish (I didn't question Rystil on this as it seemed pretty clear). As I said before all Arcanist spells are spontaneous, it just depends whether they are inherent (Signature/Sorcerer spells) or learned (Prepared/Wizard spells).

In my characters case it does make a bit of difference, so I've tried to take few Signature Spells that require saves. :D

Rystil Arden

First Post
If I understand correctly, yes you can prepare a Signature Spell as a Prepared Spell if you wish (I didn't question Rystil on this as it seemed pretty clear).
Yup, absolutely--it uses up a Spell Prepared slot, but it lets you use your Int if that's the favourable stat :)

As I said before all Arcanist spells are spontaneous, it just depends whether they are inherent (Signature/Sorcerer spells) or learned (Prepared/Wizard spells).
Yes--I would compare the prepared portion most to a Magister from Arcana Unearthed, since you refresh a list each day and cast spontaneously off that list.

Thanks for the help, Unleashed :)

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
I'm making a character for a game Bront asked me to fill in--she's done though (partially) :)

Is that his Hanable's Hunters game? I was thinking of applying for the spot before I saw your name appear. :D

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
Is that his Hanable's Hunters game? I was thinking of applying for the spot before I saw your name appear. :D
Yup, that's the one--There's still a spot there for you, I think--I was recruited by Hanable himself before I even knew there was a spot--yay! :)

Bront

The man with the probe
unleashed said:
Yup, that's it. Isida will be gone for a bit, I already lost someone else as well. And I think One other one is going as well (He rarely posts).

You're welcome to apply as an alternate, since I don't have one yet, just make a character and go for it. I'm going to keep the party at no more than 7, but if we fall to 6, I might leave it at that. But by all means, create an alternate character :)

ANd I was hoping for a few IC posts as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases