Attack on the Bandit Camp [Concluded]

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

"I am not a battle mage. I do have an invisibility spell prepared which would last for 3 minutes. I can take down a few bandits with my color spray spell, as well, but after that, I would be limited to my crossbow."

"If we capture a sentry on our approach, though, I may be able to extract information from him. Kennedy can do some additional scouting after nightfall as well. Assuming most of the bandits are humans, then they will probably provide their own light sources after dark. That might make them easy to pick off."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Knight Otu said:
"Well spoken, Master Ignatious. Fareye, listen..." Ashnar tells the hawk what to do, and to be careful.
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=154 :p

after the report and planning, Sara comments cheerfully, "You guys figure it out, Iggy's the brains of me and him.... but if we're gonna attack at night, please leave me the armed guys. There is just no fun in running around through a bunch of sleepy losers waiting for them to pick up their swords...."

Erekose13

Explorer
[ooc: KB that was exactly what I was thinking too :)]

"We should take advantage of all of the wizards here, ranged attacks are our friends. It's too bad that we don't have time to share those spells now. If we all knew the invisibility trick you have Iggy, and the offensive spells that some of of us know we could easily breach their defences and reduce their numbers quickly. Irregardless, I believe that a night raid is best and that we should work to reduce their numbers, then perhaps retreat before they can regroup." says Tenebrynn.

Velmont

First Post
Kahuna Burger said:
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/Gia...otscript?SK=154
OOC: :lol:

"Sara, just don't underestimate them. If they have some basic training, they will know to take advantage of there numbers, I prefer to see them weaponless, it will keep us far from bloodshed."

Knight Otu

First Post
(I hope you're talking about the familiar being careful, not about it poofing away when not needed.:lol:)
"This spell of illusion, I presume is of illusionary nature? Then I fear I would be unable to utilize its magiphysical structures anyway, similar to spells of mental control."

Manzanita

First Post
Erekose13 said:
... Irregardless, I believe that a night raid is best and that ..." says Tenebrynn.

Iggy holds up one finger. "Actually, 'irregardless' isn't a word. You see 'regardless' already implies action despite the consequences. Adding the 'ir' effectively reverses the meaning of the word, ... Ouch!"

OOC: Assuming Sara steps on his foot, he stops there. Otherwise, he stops soon enough.

"Actually, I should have given this more thought and taken different spells for the attack. But at this point, waiting seems pointless. Let's see. Hoff, Ashnar, Tenebrynn, Nezrak and I should probably stay back in a possition where we can use our distance spells and crossbows. Perhaps we could split into two groups and take opposite sides of the compound. If Rinaldo &/or Fareye scout it out, perhaps they could find us some places. Sara, Rinaldo and Charlarn could perhaps penetrate the compound and attack. Do you want to scout it out first, Rinaldo?"

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo shook his head. "Scout? Sorry if it's sadden you, but I am no scout. I am a merchant, nothing more. Well, maybe a bit more... but I am no scout or hunter, and even less a silent assassin. Maybe Charlan would make a better scout. Havn't you learn a few hunter's trick?"

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3/ranger 1

The cleric shakes his head. "I'm more of a protector than a hunter. Sneaking around is not something I do well. Whoever does it, let me say a prayer for you that allows me to know how you're doing." (Status)

Hof

Explorer
[OOC: With Hoff I assume you mean me. So i'll just pretend Iggy said Dioran instead]

"Unfortunately, this invisibility spell is beyond us. We've never quite gotten the hang of memorization and spellbooks, so trading is not an option. However we can produce quite a stream of summoned nasties, which may work nicely as a diversionary tactic. Alternatively, we can create a magical weightless armor to protect those who have none, but this would only be useful if we expect to get caught in close combat. Unfortunately both these spells drain my strength equally, so each protection is one less creature."

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Manzanita said:
"Actually, I should have given this more thought and taken different spells for the attack. But at this point, waiting seems pointless. Let's see. Hoff, Ashnar, Tenebrynn, Nezrak and I should probably stay back in a possition where we can use our distance spells and crossbows. Perhaps we could split into two groups and take opposite sides of the compound. If Rinaldo &/or Fareye scout it out, perhaps they could find us some places. Sara, Rinaldo and Charlarn could perhaps penetrate the compound and attack. Do you want to scout it out first, Rinaldo?"

"I don't think you should split up." Sara says firmly. "If someone gets the idea to bring the fight to you, you'll be safer together. Though...." She works a bit on the unusual task of tactical thinking, "This place has walls, so there's a front door for usto go in through.... Wonder if there's a back door someone should keep an eye on in case this leader guy tries to run for it."

Remove ads