Attack on the Bandit Camp [Concluded]

Velmont

First Post
"Ok..." answers Rinaldo to Iggy. "If you wish, Charlarn. But what it is suppose to do? And for you to know, I'll use my hat to disguise myself. I will look like the guard once I use it, so everyone, stay vigilant. I'll make you a sign, but be sure to see me with my rapier in the hand instead of the horn, it will be the way you will distinguish me."

Once the spells have been cast, Rinaldo will slowly approach the the fence and cross it, using his immovable wand to climb up if he need a step. He will get near the tower and draw his rapier. Once he will be able to distinguish the traits of the guard, he will take them with his hat of disguise. He will climb up the tower, enter it if possible before attacking the guard. If he can't enter the tower, Rinaldo will draw his dagger and shoot at the guard. If everything work (yeah, right! When was the last time I saw a plan be successfull at 100% :p) Rinaldo will hide the corpse from sight from the camp and stand in the tower just as the guard do usually and evaluate the situation.

OOC:
Hide: +2, MS: +2, Climb: +0, Disguise: +14, Bluff: +10
Dagger, Thrown +5 1d4 19-20x2 10
Rapier, mw +4 1d6 18-20x2 N/A
Sneak Attack: +3d6

Why those numbers make me feel not that good :p

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3/ranger 1

Velmont said:
"Ok..." answers Rinaldo to Iggy. "If you wish, Charlarn. But what it is suppose to do?"
"Through the prayer, the Searcher tells me which direction you are from me. Something I wish I thought of whenever Irene disappeared. Anyway, she also tells me what condition you are in."

Patlin

Explorer
Status and invisibility are cast on Rinaldo, and his jump over the fence is made easy by use of his immovable rod. With help from the invisibility, Rinaldo easilly avoids being seen by the bandit in the watchtower, but is would seem that he is heard, as the Bandit begins looking around as if trying to locate the source of some sound. Rinaldo moves below the watchtower, where a ladder leads up to the trap door. When the guard, curious but not yet alarmed, opens the trap doot to further look around, Rinaldo is in a perfect position to ambush him.

With a precise shot, Rinaldo's dagger plunges into the guard, rendering him unconcious. (d20+5=20,d4=1,3d6=8)

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
The guard is out of sight, face down in the watchtower. Rinaldo, visible again and taking on the dying man's features, stands up to replace him and begins looking around the camp from the height of the tower. Things seem quiet, and while a few dark shapes are moving about the bandit camp, most of the inhabitants seem to be sleeping.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: I always thought an immovable rod was almost worthless... 7500 for a rod, you can have a nice magical armor instead, but since Rinaldo got one, I changed my mind... and those damage, would have been pathetic that I didn't enough damage :p

It work! Whew... my wife won't be please to hear that... well, anything of what I have done for the few last contracts... thinks Rinaldo, calming himself and feeling he had sweat a lot. He looks at the guard and thinks Sorry, but it was you or me... and you might already killed some other merchant. With some luck, you'll recover.

He looks around and start to count the people awake, taking a look once in a while one the side. After a few minutes, making sure no one look at him, he draw his rapier and leave it as it looks, not using the magic of the hat to disuise it. A moment later, he hide it again and show the number of men he have spotted awake and make sign to the group they can come.

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

"That's our cue!" Iggy whispers excitedly. "Let's go."

OOC: Too bad Rinaldo didn't think to leave the immovable wand to help the rest of them out.

"If they don't sound an alarm after I go over, give me a minute to climb into the tower before you follow" Iggy tells the next person in line.

OOC: Jump Roll: 6. Iggy fails to get over the wall.

"Umm. Can someone give me a lift?"

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn gives Iggy a boost, before making the jump himself. (21) He then ducks behind the nearest cover he can find watching for any other bandits up and about in the night.

Last edited:

Remove ads