Attack on the Bandit Camp [Concluded]

Hof

Explorer
I'm back

Dioran briefly shakes his head asif trying to wake himself before starting some incantations. While doing so he moves slowly towards one of the crossbowmen.

OOC: I got a surprise opportunity for a vacation, and I apologize for not letting you guys know.
Action: 5 ft. step to T9 and cast a Summon Monster I (celestial giant fire beetle). If possible starting in round 4 and ending in 5, otherwise asap.

Patlin

Explorer
Previously, in Round 4
Ashnar double moves to G3.

Dioran begins casting.

Round 5 Continues
Ashnar's alchemist's fire deals 3 damage to X6 and 1 point of damage to X5 and X8.

Nezrak misses.

Rinaldo, still in disguise, startles the enemy leaders with his apparent change of loyalties. With a well place stab, he drops L2 to the floor.

L1 circles around Rinaldo, striking at him but missing.

Elathin Mirnot steps in toward Rinaldo, flanking with his lieutenant. Even with this advantage, he misses the quick footed merchant.

Dioran completes his casting of Summon Monster 1. Looking around for the best place to put his monster, he causes a Celestial Giant Fire Beatle to appear in P9 (taking some liberty here, as location not specified.)

The summoned Beatle moves to N11 and attacks X4, taking him down.

Sara moves under the guard tower with a move action. From this position, it would be difficult for the crossbowman to shoot at her. To do so, he would need to open the trap door at the top of the ladder. (Double checked it, sheathing a weapon is a move action that provokes an AOO, not that Sara is currently being threatened. No exceptions seem to apply. KB can still post the rest of her action for round 5.)

Round 6 Begins

Tenebrynn gulps a healing potion. Taking 1 point of damage from exertion while at 0 hp, he is now at 7 hp.

Stepping out of range of the Pikes, Charlarn further heals him, bringing him to 16 hp.

Recognizing the Bandit Leader from the poster, Iggy takes aim and fires at him. He hits him for 5 points with his crossbow.

The five crossbowmen fire at Charlarn, all but one miss. Charlarn takes 7 damage. X5 curses in disgust at missing again, throws down his crossbow and runs for it. After a bare moment's hesitation, the rest follow suit. X2, apparently desperate to keep up with his comrades in their retreat, jumps out of the tower. He manages to avoid any damage from the fall.

The pikemen, seeing the crossbowmen fleeing, also elect to withdraw.

The crossbowman above Sara, seeing his comrades fleeing in his general direction, yells out to them. Seems like he's saying something about a "madwoman." His words are somewhat garbled by panic.

Elathin Mirnot yells at his men, trying to rally them, to no avail.

(Ashnar is up next.)

Hof

Explorer
Question: shouldn't Dioran still have his actions for round 5, because the casting of the summon ends just before his turn actually starts? If so, he'll walk cautiously closer to the fight between Rinaldo and the bandit leaders (N11). Otherwise that will be his action for round 6.

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo, seeing that he is flanked, decides he should get out of that situation. He quickly put his attention on Mirnot. At least, it is what it's looks like, and the lieutenant seems to not have seen the feint (Bluff: 19), leaving an opening. Rinaldo quickly put his rapier in it (Attack roll: 17), looking like another possible mortal wound (Damage:6, Sneak:13).

If L1 drop:

Rinaldo turn back to Mirnot and take back his guard, pointing his rapier in Mirnot's throat direction. "Surrender, or meet the same faith!" on a tone that show no fear or amusement. (Intimidate result: 22)

OOC: I hope it will be that option. Two hits, two kills, that is scary... Rinaldo can be scary when he want :eek: and it would prevent Rinaldo to fight anymore. I prefer him fighting with words, I feel more confident :cool:

If L1 is still on his feet:

Rinaldo will move 5 feet north to break for a moment the bracket.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

Iggy fires his crossbow at the fleeing bandits. "Stop or die!" he shouts in his squeeky voice, unlikely to be heard in the tumolt of battle.

OOC: To hit: 8+5=13

If hit, 5 pts dmg. He'll shoot at whomever, say X5.

Erekose13

Explorer
Feeling much better, Tenebrynn thanks Charlarn for the extra boost then smiles as all the crossbowmen and pikemen take off. Turning to Rinaldo and the battle he has gotten himself into he will aim a quick magic missile at the guy in the middle (the leader). Both missiles strike with unerring accuracy (8dmg).

Kahuna Burger

First Post
sara will make another move action out from the watchtower, hoping to see someone worth hitting. If she realizes that some of the bandits are fleeing, she will move back into the gate opening and hope to take some fun attacks of oppertunity on fleeing bandits. :D

Sara, AC 17, 21 out of 31 hp, up to three attacks of oppertunity at +8, 1d6+3 damage 19-20X2

Patlin

Explorer
Hof said:
Question: shouldn't Dioran still have his actions for round 5, because the casting of the summon ends just before his turn actually starts? If so, he'll walk cautiously closer to the fight between Rinaldo and the bandit leaders (N11). Otherwise that will be his action for round 6.

Correct, and done in round 5.

Patlin

Explorer
The Battle Concludes
Ashnar fires a ray of enfeeblement into the sky.

(Nezrak goes here.)

Rinaldo adeptly dispatches the remaining leutenant, demanding the surrender of Mirnot even as he does so.

Convinced he has no chance, Mirnot surrenders, his sword point dropping to the ground.

"Who are you, and why do you seek me out? I yield before your demonstratedly superior might, and ask you to spare my remaining men."

His men, running toward the gate, stop abruptly upon seeing Sara waiting for them, poised to deal death and mayhem. Babbling incoherently, they too surender.

ooc: Congrats, everyone. The attack on the bandit camp was wildly succesfull. In spite of the DMG warning that large numbers of small things may be difficult to calculate an EL for, I must admit I expected this battle to me much more difficult than it turned out to be. I hope this adventure wasn't too simple and too short for your taste, that *was* according to plan, at least... though it was suggested *nothing* is ever short in play-by-post. ;)

At this point, my plans call for any further roleplaying re: accepting the surrender and collecting the reward, followed by a division of gold and xp. Of course, you could always choose to surprise me, but barring a decision to refuse the surrender and kill all the bandits, switch sides and help the bandits attack the Road Wardens, or other unpredictable PC wackiness, I think we're about done. I'm going to start working on a more complicated idea (Perhaps a lengthy dungeon crawl? I think I'm now sufficiently comfortable with the PBP format to try something longer...) but as I recall Manzanita saying M3 was close, perhaps he'll scoop up a number of the high level PCs when they get back to the inn.

Hope everyone had fun!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases