Attack on the Bandit Camp [Concluded]

Velmont

First Post
On the way back, Rinaldo talks with Tenebrynn. "You know you scared me. When I saw you fall under that bolt, I thought for a moment we could have lost you. That make me so nervous that the only think I thought was to end that fight as soon as possible... that's when I attack the first lieutnent." Rinaldo pause for a moment and adds "It is the first time I've killed a human. I feel like dirty. Goblins are reknown for there mischief, undead are abberation of the nature and a wyvern is just an animals, but damn, a human is... human. The lieutnent at some limit, would have been hard to put back on the straight way, and they had a chance to run, but that poor lad in the tower, you should have seen his eyes when I appeared in front of him, a dagger in his throat. Thinking of it, it freeze my blood." Rinaldo stay silent for the remaining of the trip.

Once Rinaldo finally get the final deal on the items, he collect the money and put it in the bag he use for common pot. He walks up to his friends who are waiting at an empty stall.

"Here all the money. Nice pot, but once we will divide it by 8, it will be a bit less impressive. We also got three potion of Cure Moderate Wounds and brand new wand that we didn't use. Some people was in the negative and so should be reimburse. I've made the calculation."

He takes out the scroll he had made note on it the day earlier.

Code:
[B]Ashnar:[/B]
Wand of CLW: -150 gp
[B]Charlarn:[/B]
[B]Dioran:[/B]
[B]Ignatious:[/B]
[B]Nezrak:[/B]
-
[B]Rinaldo:[/B]
[B]Sara:[/B]
Wand of CLW: -300 gp
[B]Tenebrynn:[/B]
-

[B]Loot:[/B]
Wand of CLW: 750 gp
Money left after the wand have been bought: 300 gp
Money from loot: 4 450 gp
Potions of CLW (3): 450 gp
Debt: - 1 050gp

Total: 4 900 gp

Part: 612 gp, 5 sp

"So the part of everyone is 612 gold and a few silver. That is after we have reimburse everyone. Anyone who take a potion will see his part reduce by 150, which is the worth of a potion if we had sold it. The person who take the wand will see his part reduce by 750, as it is the price we got it. I am willing to take a potion. Who else want a potion? And more importantly, who want the wand?"

Patlin

Explorer
Kahuna Burger said:
Is the javelin sara threw salvagable?

Absolutely. Thrown weapons are distinct from ammunition, and it's only ammunition that has a chance of being non-salvagable. Javelins and throwing knives, for example, can be reused an indefinite number of times, while arrows and sling bullets cannot.

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Patlin said:
Absolutely. Thrown weapons are distinct from ammunition, and it's only ammunition that has a chance of being non-salvagable. Javelins and throwing knives, for example, can be reused an indefinite number of times, while arrows and sling bullets cannot.
[mr burns]excellent.....[/mr burns]

Sara is somewhat confused by rinaldo's math, and is glad she doesn't want the wand....

she will take a potion if someone doesn't want it, and will also give the unused cure light potion back to whoever loaned it to her. (since she didn't get around to drinking it).

Erekose13

Explorer
"I don't need to take the potion at the moment, so I will take just the cash split. Heavens know that this is the first coin I have gotten since we set out to set out towards Monemvassia. This pick sure is handy though." replies Tenebrynn opting for the cash.

"On to the topic of spell sharing though, any of us wizards want to share notes and perhaps help scribe spells for one another? My spell book is rather limited but a quick inventory of spells include:
0th - all but Necromancy spells
1st - Mage Armor, Unseen Servant, Comprehend Languages, True Strike,
Magic Missile, Silent Image, Magic Weapon, Identify.
2nd - Locate Object, Scorching Ray
" he says addressing the multitude of spell casters around him.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
I'm curious, though this is mostly between the players. If 1,050 gold was collected to purchase a 750 gold wand, what happened to the extra 300 gold?

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Patlin said:
I'm curious, though this is mostly between the players. If 1,050 gold was collected to purchase a 750 gold wand, what happened to the extra 300 gold?
its just kicking around, in case we needed to pick up anything else, I guess... I think rinaldo included it in both the funds and the reimbursement, so its all legal.

Patlin

Explorer
Kahuna Burger said:
its just kicking around, in case we needed to pick up anything else, I guess... I think rinaldo included it in both the funds and the reimbursement, so its all legal.

Yes, you are right, I see that in his figures. Nevermind!

Knight Otu

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"On to the topic of spell sharing though, any of us wizards want to share notes and perhaps help scribe spells for one another? My spell book is rather limited but a quick inventory of spells include:
0th - all but Necromancy spells
1st - Mage Armor, Unseen Servant, Comprehend Languages, True Strike, Magic Missile, Silent Image, Magic Weapon, Identify.
2nd - Locate Object, Scorching Ray
" he says addressing the multitude of spell casters around him.
0 - acid splash, arcane mark, dancing lights*, detect magic, detect poison, disrupt undead, flare*, light*, mage hand, mending, message, open/close, prestidigitation, ray of frost*, read magic, resistance, touch of fatigue;
1st - burning hands*, cause fear, identify, jump, mage armor, protection from chaos, ray of enfeeblement, shocking grasp*;
2nd - Continual Flame*, Scorching Ray*
"We did not have the opportunity to do so after Monemvassia, so maybe we will have it now. I'd like to note that I have also made a few notes on private spells, but I have not yet managed to attain a final working magiphysical structure."

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

"Spell swapping. Yes. We were going to look into that. I'm willing to take some time to do that. That scorching ray spell sounds very nice. I haven't got many attack spells. They're not really my style, but one needs to be prepared in this occupation!"

Iggy will sit down w/the other wizards and is willing to swap spells of equal level one for one.

His spell booK: Level 1: Comprehend languages, mage armor, color spray, silent image, true strike, charm person, summon monster I, Identify, expeditious retreat, magic missile, enlarge, mount, burning hands, unseen servent, feather fall, protection from evil
Level 2: Protection from arrows, detect thoughts, locate object, invisibility, mirror image

OOC: Would the cost for copying another's spell into your spellbook be just 100 gps/spell level? Do we want to put any limits on this sort of activity?

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
OOC: Would the cost for copying another's spell into your spellbook be just 100 gps/spell level? Do we want to put any limits on this sort of activity?

I strongly oppose limiting swapping spells. The cultural reasons to avoid it from days of yore were always silly, and under the newer rules it is actually suggested rather than discouraged.

Here are the applicable rules:

SRD said:
Adding Spells to a Wizard’s Spellbook
Wizards can add new spells to their spellbooks through several methods. If a wizard has chosen to specialize in a school of magic, she can learn spells only from schools whose spells she can cast.

Spells Gained at a New Level: Wizards perform a certain amount of spell research between adventures. Each time a character attains a new wizard level, she gains two spells of her choice to add to her spellbook. The two free spells must be of spell levels she can cast. If she has chosen to specialize in a school of magic, one of the two free spells must be from her specialty school.

Spells Copied from Another’s Spellbook or a Scroll: A wizard can also add a spell to her book whenever she encounters one on a magic scroll or in another wizard’s spellbook. No matter what the spell’s source, the wizard must first decipher the magical writing (see Arcane Magical Writings, above). Next, she must spend a day studying the spell. At the end of the day, she must make a Spellcraft check (DC 15 + spell’s level). A wizard who has specialized in a school of spells gains a +2 bonus on the Spellcraft check if the new spell is from her specialty school. She cannot, however, learn any spells from her prohibited schools. If the check succeeds, the wizard understands the spell and can copy it into her spellbook (see Writing a New Spell into a Spellbook, below). The process leaves a spellbook that was copied from unharmed, but a spell successfully copied from a magic scroll disappears from the parchment.

If the check fails, the wizard cannot understand or copy the spell. She cannot attempt to learn or copy that spell again until she gains another rank in Spellcraft. A spell that was being copied from a scroll does not vanish from the scroll.

In most cases, wizards charge a fee for the privilege of copying spells from their spellbooks. This fee is usually equal to the spell’s level x 50 gp.

Independent Research: A wizard also can research a spell independently, duplicating an existing spell or creating an entirely new one.

Writing a New Spell into a Spellbook
Once a wizard understands a new spell, she can record it into her spellbook.

Time: The process takes 24 hours, regardless of the spell’s level.

Space in the Spellbook: A spell takes up one page of the spellbook per spell level. Even a 0-level spell (cantrip) takes one page. A spellbook has one hundred pages.

Materials and Costs: Materials for writing the spell cost 100 gp per page.

Note that a wizard does not have to pay these costs in time or gold for the spells she gains for free at each new level.

Remove ads