Attack on the Bandit Camp [Concluded]

Manzanita

First Post
Ignatious

"Chalarn, you are very kind to provide us all with a potion. Personally, I'll repay you for that out of the proceeds of this adventure, assuming there are some. That is a very valuable vial." Iggy tucks it into his pouch (& his CS!).

"Rinaldo, you say your son wants to gain admittance to the Academy of the Chromatic Order? I, myself, am a graduate of that institution. A fine place to learn the weave, it is. When he comes of age, perhaps I could sponser him. I do love children. I hope to have some myself someday. Um.." he glances at Sara and blushes again.

"Anyway. Let's get that wand and set out. This map looks like it will lead us there in short order. On the road, does anyone scout? They'll probably secure their hideout with traps. Fareye can help too."

"Tennebrynn, Ashnar, perhaps when this adventure is over, we can all sit down over some of Joe's free ale and compare notes on our spellbooks. We all probably know a few spells that would interest the others."

Velmont

First Post
"Worry, not at all. That's because I am presently selling spices. If I was adventuring, she would have been dead... or I would. Once I have my shop, she will accept the risk I have taken.

And Thanks, Ignatious, but I'll have to convince my wife, and Salvador still have to stick to that idea. But just curious, at which age they take new students?

And now, how do we proceed? We scout and get some information from the local population I suppose."

OOC: The wand have been bought some post earlier by Rinaldo...

Patlin

Explorer
Velmont said:
"And now, how do we proceed? We scout and get some information from the local population I suppose."

The wanted poster had directions to the bandit camp, which isn't terribly close to any town. The location is not too far away from a major road, hidden off into te woods. What sort of inquiries do you intend to make?

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3/ranger 1

Manzanita said:
"Chalarn, you are very kind to provide us all with a potion. Personally, I'll repay you for that out of the proceeds of this adventure, assuming there are some. That is a very valuable vial." Iggy tucks it into his pouch (& his CS!).
"I learned in my last adventure that I can't be everywhere at once. My group came close to losing a couple people that way."
Manzanita said:
"Anyway. Let's get that wand and set out. This map looks like it will lead us there in short order. On the road, does anyone scout? They'll probably secure their hideout with traps. Fareye can help too."
Charlarn adjusts his pack. "I have some skill in scouting. It's one of the things gained from my time in the wilderness.

Velmont

First Post
"I would like too to ask some questions in a few village near the camp." adds Rinaldo "I prefer to know there numbers, there power and all, even if that raise the risk to learn we are after them. And with so much arcanist, is there any spell that would allow us to learn more about them?"

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Sara takes the potion with thanks, and tucks it into her belt pouch for safe keeping. "Wonder what it tastes like..."

Manzanita said:
"Rinaldo, you say your son wants to gain admittance to the Academy of the Chromatic Order? I, myself, am a graduate of that institution. A fine place to learn the weave, it is. When he comes of age, perhaps I could sponser him. I do love children. I hope to have some myself someday. Um.." he glances at Sara and blushes again.

She has gone oddly quiet at this part of the conversation and seems to be focusing on her remaining drink.

"Ah!" Sara says with renewed interest. "This is an area where I.... should not under any circumstances be allowed to help." She laughs and begins to balance both empty mugs on her twin swords. "Unless of course there is some sort of bar at the camp, you guys will have to find it them point me right at the first guy you want wacked."

Erekose13

Explorer
"If we can find out what they have taken recently and where they have attacked, I might have some spells that will help us better determine the location of the camp, perhaps even allowing us to maneuver around it sight unseen until we can approach from an advantageous position." says Tenebrynn.

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

"Ah. I can turn people invisible as well. I can also scan for thoughts, enabling me to identify the number of people in an area. But I have to be pretty close for this to work. This spell can also help interrogate prisoners. I can also locate an object at a much greater range. If we can determine some item the bandits carry, I can scry for it and perhaps locate their camp that way."

"Personally, I'd prefer a more straight-forward approach. If they're good bandits, they might well have spies in the towns. If we proceed down the road until we're fairly close, then cut through the wilderness, we could scout ahead with Fareye, find the camp, and attack by surprise."

Xael

First Post
"I mostly have defensive and utility spells. I don't think I have anything that could help finding the bandits.", Nezrak says.

Velmont

First Post
"Invisible you say? That's nice, but it is not enough to approach without being detected. We would need to be silent too. And can you really make this possible for a whole group like ours?

Before going for a straight foward action, I would really like to know if they have some priest or arcanist with them. They have a tendency to make things a little bit harder and should be our primary targets. The leader too. Once the leader is down, the group is more likely to surrender or disband."

Remove ads