General Discussion Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
So there is no king, or nobility of any kind anywhere near Orussus? How odd.

That makes my adventure a bit harder, as I had assumed there was some kind of nobility, or overwatching government authority in the area :(

Kahuna Burger

First Post
I'm not a judge, but I don't see a problem with first presenting all the info that potential players will get in the inn ot the first few posts, then moving on to spoilers about the resolution. A judge who likes the first part for a PC can stop there.

Bront

The man with the probe
Well, perhaps the city states are under some form of government, perhaps a high council or something.

I think that works.

Velmont

First Post
Yeah, the RoadWarden have appeared in an adventure, so there is some kind of authority. Anyway, I can't conceive a town that is not lead by some authority. The question is, who's the head?

Patlin

Explorer
Bront said:
So there is no king, or nobility of any kind anywhere near Orussus? How odd.

That makes my adventure a bit harder, as I had assumed there was some kind of nobility, or overwatching government authority in the area :(

There is definitely a government and some authority, as there is an organized city watch and a watch captain that has popped up a time or two. Having this government be by way of a city council sounds good to me, as feudalism is far from the only type of government available.

Maybe even some sort of "comissioner" type system -- a council made up of the captain of the watch, the city's most learned mage, most respected religous leader, the chief administrator, the tax assessor, and a well respected businessman. That would be different and fun.

Though if people would rather simply have a baron, or maybe the appointed representative of some more distant duke, we could always do something along those lines.

Anyone want to write up a proposal?

Knight Otu

First Post
Erekose13 said:
Perhaps modifying the proposal requirements to include a 1 sentence tag line at the top discribing who it is appropriate for right off the bat, then judges who have characters who fit in with that description can avoid reading the rest and assume its all spoilers.
That's how I prefer it being done. A short "who might fit", a bit spoiler space, then the actual proposal.

Knight Otu

First Post
I seem to remember Orussus being described as a "Free City," not subject to other possible authorities in the general area. There certainly are nobles in the area, though, and nobles have been used in adventures. Though the only example I can think of are the two nobles in Dance of Souls, my own adventure (I haven't forgotten it, by the way - just a bit stunned by the love Invisible Castle has for you guys). One in Ravensdale, and one "off the map", so not necessarily local.

Dungannon

First Post
As far a governments go, I don't know how Orussus is governed, but Allimon is ruled jointly by a Wizard Council and a Priest Council and Ravensdale (little bit of peeve tangent here, it's Ravensdale, not Rivendale, I've seen several people refer to it as the latter instead of the former. As the creator of the town, all I ask is that people get the name right) is nominally ruled by a nobleman, Lord Rehvand but the real power lies with the Merchant's and Shipper's Guilds. More about Ravensdale will be disclosed, hopefully soon, in my adventure Hired Hands, but one thing I will let out now is the fact that Lord Rehvand's ancestor was granted rule of Ravensdale by a king of the area. Now, whether or not that kingdom is still in effect or not I haven't really cleared up.

Patlin

Explorer
Knight Otu said:
(I haven't forgotten it, by the way - just a bit stunned by the love Invisible Castle has for you guys).

I believe someone said earlier in the adventure: "Go Go Pseudo-Random number generator!"

Don't worry, it's bound to balance out. And when it does, an encounter with a squirrell will result in a total party kill!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads