Eldritch Sorcery by Sword & Sorcery

Troll Wizard

First Post
Anyone have any info on Eldritch Sorcery?

I found this page on Amazon for this book http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...104-3822187-8544715?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

But I found this on White Wolf's Website http://secure1.white-wolf.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=652

Are they the same book? I assume so, Amazon just got the settting - Modern versus Fantasy - incorrect.

I was looking for D20 Modern content and an "Eldritch Sorcery" type book with a focus on modern settings would be appealing to me. The fantasy setting already has plenty of spells....

Amazon appears to have stuck this on the wrong header. It's a fantasy product first and foremost. I wrote a (very) few of the over 500 spells in Eldritch Sorcery, and so did a number of others from the NG boards. Not to disagree, but I think there's always room for new spells in fantasy. :D

Crothian

First Post
There are lots of fantasy spells already, but there is still room for creative and interesting ones. Hopefully, these will fall into that narrow area.

PatrickLawinger

First Post
Eldritch Sorcery

Well, don't know what Amazon is saying but this is a Necro/SSS/WW product. It is for fantasy/DnD gaming.

We have a whole range of spells in the book, some are "revisions" of familiar spells while others are new. We don't expect you to say, "wow, I am going to use ALL of these!" This was an effort to give a massive range of spells so that I am pretty certain that you can find at least a few that can be used in your game. If you have a game that is heavily into politics, intrigue, and mis-direction, we have spells for you. If you are into mass destruction and seek spells with which to dismember your enemies, well, we have spells for you too.

There are new spells for all spell-casting core classes in this book (including assassins and blackguards).

I'll be trying to post more about the book sometime next week on the Necromancer Games forums. I'll try to remember to link to that here.

Patrick

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Yeah, for some reason amazon has this *and* the upcoming Wilderlands box set listed as for a d20 modern game. :\

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Its definitely for fantasy. I wrote a ton of the spells for this book and also converted the "forgotten" ones from the 1E PHB (like oh...Spiritwrack, Chariot of Sustarre, etc), UA (dispel illusion, tempus fugit, etc), and a few other places :)

Amazon goofed. Its fantasy....from Necromancer Games.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Mmm, can't wait. I ALWAYS love new spells, so long as I'm not paying for "it's exactly like fireball, but with lightning," which I can do on the fly for free at home.

I was impressed by how many new-to-me spells in both the Miniatures Handbook and Complete Arcane filled in holes or were creative solutions (Mordekainen's Buzzing Bee and the prepare-to-intercept-teleporter spells, for instance) and I disagree that we've come close to filling up on good spells. I think combat spells have been done, for the most part, but creative variants -- flaying the skin off an enemy, turning them to glass, etc. -- are always fun, for flavor reasons if nothing else.

Grazzt said:
Its definitely for fantasy. I wrote a ton of the spells for this book and also converted the "forgotten" ones from the 1E PHB (like oh...Spiritwrack, Chariot of Sustarre, etc), UA (dispel illusion, tempus fugit, etc), and a few other places :)

Amazon goofed. Its fantasy....from Necromancer Games.

I wish I'd known you guys were doing this. I've also created current versions of some old spells (and chariot of Sustarre is one of them) for Lions Den's Planar Magic and Priest of the Celestial Spheres PDFs. We could have traded OGC. :)

JoeBlank

Explorer
Any more news on this? Still no previews on the Necromancer site, but they do indicate a June 27 release date. Can anyone confirm?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases