A Warlock Alone, Island Empire solo game

Scotley

Hero
The heavily laden little boat rocked uncomfortably in the swells as it sailed toward the Wheelands. The boat’s small sail was sodden with the rain and was pulling nicely. The course had been set by the wind. The boat’s occupants a Warlock, a half-giant and a boy on the verge of manhood had set their course based on the wind. They choose to sail at best possible speed regardless of direction. It was a new beginning for this odd collection of characters. They had burned their bridges with the passengers and crew of the ship on which they sailed. It had been an unfortunate episode best forgotten--too many strong personalities on a doomed mission. Now they were heading for the Wheelands. Their course likely to take them to the small island of Tregere, a place none of them had been before.

J. Alexander

First Post
Storm and Company

As he sits in the boat, Michael will begin to ponder what he is to do. The immediate infusion of cash into his crew's purse is now a debit that must be repaid unless somehow they can attempt to deal with the matter by themselves but upon reflection that is not a good option. The group will need to go to Mermaids rest and pick up Nicholas and his crew, and perhaps they will have generated several leads as to how best procede with the pirates.. I am thinking that the answer will be found in the North where the Marin ships were last trading and picked up their load of magical skins. While he sits in the boat, Michael sees that as the immediate goal but of more pressing concern is to get his little group safley to land. We will set sail for the little island keeping a good look out for the the smuggler's vessle....

Michael will tell Guissppee and Grond, that he will explain to them what happened but wishes to wait for the light of day and to be dry as he does not wish to discuss something that will proably cause him to seek vengeance if it is discussed while is his still cold, wet and angry.

He will then make sure that Guiesspiie has enough clothing to stay warm and will pull a leather blanket from his haversack for him and guiesspee and one for grond to act as a rain coat and to keep the water from soaking them. Once under the blanets, he will use the dry cantrip to dry their clothers...

What about the ruby earring i got off the halfling?...this is the first official loot of my crew?
It was glowing magical you know :)

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Make a spellcraft check and I'll tell you what you can figure out. The ride is a little rough just now for anyone to pierce their ear and try to guess the powers of the item.

J. Alexander

First Post
Storn and Company

Michael Stormrolls 1d20 + 8, getting [18,8] = (26) spell craft - ruby

While in the boat, Michael will ask Grond and Guissieep if they had any idea what direction the smuggle vessle was last seen...

Scotley

Hero
Michael examines the Ruby earing and probes his mind for the knowledge. It is almost certainly a item of protective value. Not an item of great power, but not the weakest either. That is all he can get from the item.

Guissippe, who spent the most time on deck is sure that the ship in question was last seen heading back in the direction of Axiopolis.

The rain continues, but lessens somewhat and the wind becomes less gusty. It is still some hours until dawn, and with the cloudy skies it is impossible to determine exactly where you are or where you are heading. Perhaps morning light will reveal something useful.

J. Alexander

First Post
Storm and Company

Grond and Michael will take shifts thru the night and the storm seas leaving Guiessippe to rest in the hope that with the coming of dawn the seas will gentle and it will be easier for him to sail the small vessel while Grond and Michael rest. We will continue on the course to Tergere in the hopes of finding passage to Mermaids Rest so we can collect Nicholas,

What do i know about the town....knowledge area roll is
michael stormrolls 1d20 +4, getting [14,4] = (18)tergere

w

Scotley

Hero
A boat at sea

Michael knows that that Tregere is mostly salt marsh. The only fact you remember about the place is that it is known for a certain dye called Tregeren Blue that is made from local plants.

OOC: Make spot checks for Grond and Michael.

J. Alexander

First Post
Storm and Company

Michael Stormrolls 1d20 +6, getting [1,6] = (7) spot

Grondrolls 1d20 +3, getting [19,3] = (22)=Spot
Looks like MIchael was to distracted by the rain and his anger lol to see anything :)

J. Alexander

First Post
Storm and Company

Michael Stormrolls 1d20 +6, getting [1,6] = (7) spot

Grondrolls 1d20 +3, getting [19,3] = (22)=Spot
Looks like MIchael was to distracted by the rain and his anger lol to see anything :)

Scotley

Hero
Grond gets Michael's attention. Boss, I think I see a boat off to our left coming this way. It's a bit north of us. I think it might be the smuggler. We'll have to do some fancy sailing if you want to head her off.

OOC: Make a profession sailor check. You can choose to have Grond and or Gussippe make their own checks or try to aid another (DC: 10), which will give you a +2 on your check for each of them that makes it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases