Gaseous Form/Alternate Form/Vampire Question

anon

First Post
Gaseous Form: "The subject loses supernatural abilities while in gaseous form."

If I, as a vampire, choose to take Gaseous Form while I am using my Alternate Form (Su) ability, let's say I'm a wolf, do I revert to my normal humanoid form while I am Gaseous?

Or I am just a Gaseous Wolf?

Infiniti2000

First Post
It has to be one or the other and I say wolf. To rule that he no longer can be wolf form means that all Su abilities end. And, that would be a problem if he had dominated someone. He can use it any further going forward, while in gaseous form, but previous uses do not suddenly end.

anon

First Post
I think it has been "decided" on these boards previously that Dominate does not end because it is an effect on the victim, but that the Vampire cannot exercise control while in Gaseous Form.

I think that the consensus previously was that Su effects are simply suppressed, as in an anti-magic field, and will come back once out of Gaseous Form. So, I think, that the Vampire would change from wolf form back to humanoid form while Gaseous, then back to wolf form once done being Gaseous.

Correct? Thoughts?

Infiniti2000

First Post
It says that the vampire loses supernatural abilities, not supernatural effects. Like the domination on a victim, the effect doesn't end when the vampire goes gaseous. He just can't use that ability again while gaseous.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases