Creating Rock Dragons.

RavinRay

Explorer
Not to interrupt the stalled work on the pyrite dragon, but I just gotta put my ideas down for other dragons before I forget them.

Marble dragon: As I suggested, infant marble dragons are known as limestone dragons (wyrmling to young age), which have distinctive personalities and abilities. Limestone dragons are chaotic neutral, but they may have good or evil tendencies. When they transform into marble dragons at juvenile age, their alignment changes with their tendency: chaotic good, chaotic neutral, or chaotic evil (I modeled this on the chaos dragons). Their translucent whitish to yellowish scales become polished gray, with white striations if they are CG and black striations if they are CE.

Both dragons have the Freeze (Ex) ability like the gargoyle's, since they like to dwell in caves with numerous stalactite and stalagmite formations. Limestone dragons like to hang from cave ceilings and drop down on prey like the 1e piercer. They can also breathe water and have a swim speed.

Marble dragons have a breath weapon that is alkaline and anti-acid in its effects: it deals acid damage to most creatures, but creatures immune to acid are vulnerable to it (half again as much damage as normal). It in turn (as well as limestone dragons), is vulnerable to acid. In the RW, limestone and marble (both forms of calcite) dissolve in hydrochloric acid, HCl.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases