Creating Rock Dragons.

Mistah J

First Post
Fine by me!

4 HD sounds good. It even makes a bit of thematic sense that Rock-based Dragons be physically tougher comparatively to other types of Dragons.

Krishnath

First Post
Perfect.

Does everyone agree that it should have the cold subtype? Or does anyone have another suggestion for the subtype of the Slate Dragon?

Mortis

First Post
Krishnath said:
Does everyone agree that it should have the cold subtype?

Agreed. :D

I see the Slate Dragon in Cold Hills, but that's just me associating slate with Wales.(lots of slate quarries) ;)

Regards,
Mortis

Krishnath

First Post
Gez said:
Cold and Aquatic. And they should, of course, have the amphibian trait.
The aquatic subtype and the amphibian special quality are not needed if we give the dragon waterbreathing. :D

Edit: Fixed some mistakes,

Last edited:

Mistah J

First Post
There is an amphibian subtype?!

Anyway, I'm good for the Cold subtype and either the Aquatic subtype or waterbreathing, if they are equal to each other.

This sounds, to me at least, like the Slate Dragon should have a swim speed. Perhaps a very high one since we're heading in a "non-confrontational, smallest of the Rock Dragons" direction.

Krishnath

First Post
No need to give the dragon an additional subtype besides cold. The gold dragon does not have the Fire and Water subtypes after all, and it has water breathing.

Does a swim speed of 60' sound good, or should we give it Swim 80' and a land speed of 40'?

Also, I have calculated that the dragon grows from Tiny to Gargantuan size. :D

Remove ads