Ceramic DM - Spring 2005 (Late Bloomer) - We have a winner.

BSF

Explorer
[pimpage]
Hey, for those home viewers out there, I just want to point out something.
The Ceramic DM
Selections from the Writing and Art of E.N. World
book is available.
These are all donated stories from Ceramic DM folk. The proceeds support the ENnie awards. Those being the fan sponsored awards presented at Gen Con. To do the awards well costs money. Even with the sponsorship of Gen Con and DTRPG, there are still costs that need to be addressed. So buy the PDF, or even the print-on-demand version.
[/pimpage]

June 2005 Ceramic DM Contest (Late Bloomer)

Judges: BardStephenFox, Maldur, Rodrigo Istalindir, Macbeth

Contestants: Arwink, Berandor, Bibliophile, BigTom, Firelance, Hellefire, Herreman the Wise, MarauderX, RangerWickett, reveal, Speaker, yangnome

Alternates: tadk (In case somebody drops out.)

OK folks, here are your match-offs. Please remember that if you don't check in by the end of Tuesday, I may give your spot to an alternate.

As the organizer, I will be posting pictures. You have 72 hours from when pictures are posted. If you are curious on relative times, my time zone is Mountain Daylight in the southwestern USA. As a point of reference, this was posted at 1:51 PM on June 13, 2005. Check that against your displayed time to determine the difference for your time zone.
Smack-talk, questions and comments are fully encouraged.

For tips and more information, check the Ceramic DM FAQ for Fiction thread.

Quicklinks to Photos, Stories and Judgements:
Use these to avoiding wading through smack-talk and scheduling discussions between stories.

First Round - 4 pictures, 5000 words max, 72 hours
1 Pictures - Firelance vs Speaker vs Hellefire - Judgement
2 Pictures - Berandor vs BigTom vs Bibliophile - Judgement
3 Pictures - yangnome vs RangerWickett vs Herreman the Wise - Judgement
4 Pictures - MarauderX vs Arwink vs reveal - Judgement

Second Round - 5 pictures, 6000 words max, 72 hours
1 Pictures - Speaker vs Berandor - Judgement
2 Pictures - RangerWickett vs reveal - Judgement

Final Round - 6 pictures, 7000 words max, 72 hours
Pictures - Berandor vs RangerWickett - Judgement

Last edited:

Hellefire

First Post
as long as my victims are ready I am :)

Aaron

p.s. Are we going to have a commentator thread again? Or should I post my sideline judgements here? If here, should I save them until after the official judgements are in so that I don't give the perception of influencing judgements?

reveal

Adventurer
[Smack talk]
My hat of MarauderX and Arwink know no limit!
02gb-bubble-loser.gif

[/Smack talk]

Last edited:

Berandor

lunatic
Any specific time on Friday? Noon? (I'm guessing you posted this 1pm your time - guessing because I suck at time zone calculation :))

Anyway, I'm good to go. Friday is great, because I can now go see Batman Begins thursday :D (and weekend writing is nice, too)

BSF

Explorer
It is a good question Hellefire.
From the FAQ:

Can I post comments and questions on stories?
Absolutely! Please do so! Whether you are a spectator or a writer, we wholeheartedly encourage you to add your comments to the contest. There are a couple of guidelines though.
  • Always be polite! It is OK to like/dislike a story. Your opinion is valid and any critique can be useful, but remember that the person that wrote the story is just a screen away.
  • If you want to post comments before a judgement is posted, please use a little effort to warn the judges that you are commenting on a story. The judges do their best to be unbiased and they will likely avoid your comments until after they have sent in their decisions. I suggest using the [spoiler] tag or the [sblock] tag. This will obscure your comments. You might also want to indicate which story you are posting commentary about in the subject field of your post.
    Example: If you type [spoiler]This is hidden text.[/spoiler]
    You will get this result:
    This is hidden text.
    and you will need to select the text with your mouse to read it.

If you instead type [sblock]This text will be hidden so you can click a button to unhide it.[/sblock]
    You will get this result: [sblock]This text will be hidden so you can click a button to unhide it.[/sblock]
So please feel free to post commentary.

Berandor

lunatic
Did anyone notice I'm in the B-Round?

Berandor, Bibliophile, BigTom.

BigTom may read a lot, and Bibliophile may be tall, but I will B teh winnar :D

Macbeth

First Post
Berandor said:
Any specific time on Friday? Noon? (I'm guessing you posted this 1pm your time - guessing because I suck at time zone calculation :))
BSF posted at 1:51 PM our time. He and I are in the same time zone, so we'll both have the same expectations/restrictions/feelings/whatever on times.

BSF

Explorer
Berandor said:

Sure, be picky and ask for a specific time. :)

Tell you what, let me think on that a little bit. Noon my time is unlikely since I am at work during the day and my laptop with pics is at home. Sure, I could bring it to work, but Eeralai is using it to check email and stuff while we move into the new house.

Oh, it is 2:12 PM local time Berandor. Does that help?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases