Elven Wedding - The race is Over, we are moving on

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
D20Dazza said:
The halfling winks at Tuul "you just leave this to me friend" she says in a whisper out the side of her mouth. Pulling her Clawfoot to a halt in front of Bartol the diminuitive halfling slides off the saddle and thumps the male halfling in the arm "It is good to see you friend Bartol" she bellows before launching into her sorry tale of how she came to be wandering Valenar "...and that sees me here with my good friend Tuul" she indicates the goblin with a sweep of her hand "very reliable that one, and knows his way around animals" she says conspiratorily to Bartol "keep it quiet though, don't want it going to his head".

"So, where should we tether our beasts, we've been a long time on the road and we need to wash this dust from our parched throats"

"Whoa there Sarina," says Bartol, "I could get you in easily, might cost you a few hours of guard duty, but these elves keep their noses so high in the air that Talenta all look alike to them. Yet even they will notice if I just let a Goblin in."

"I bare a gift for the Bride and Groom" Tuul speaks up.

"What you got there sport?"

Tuul holds up a waterskin, "I have purest of water, drawn from an Oasis in the Blade Desert."

Bartol looks thoughtful, he turns and scans to bustle going on within the fence, then spots who he is looking for an waves them over. A Talenta Shamaness walks up, Bartol explains, and she politely asks to examine the gift. She holds the waterskin while humming to herself, then she turns to look at Tuul. "There is nothing more precious than water in the desert, I accept your gift on behalf of Vylea & Thondraes."

"Well now that that's official, let's see if we can get you settled in."

Sarina <<
Once Sarina has a chance to settle in and freshen up, Bartol asks if she would take guard duty, at the tent with the wedding gifts. He also makes sure she is aware of the "No Bloodshed" rule.
>>

Last edited:

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Ferrix said:
Thaean nods to Keeper Caedaes, "indeed we should," he says in agreement, "perhaps I should return to the ceremonies now, make sure my brother doesn't have himself in knots." He gestures to another elven warrior to take his place, clasping arms with the Keeper he makes his way into the center of the settlement, towards the wedding ceremonies. He'll keep an eye out for any of the respective outsiders he has seen enter, particularly the talenta and the goblin, although I am more curious about them, than cautious.

Thaen finds his brother truly is in knots, as the tailor goes through the final fitting. Thondraes says to the tailor, "Be careful with those needles, the "no blood shed" tradition applies to you as well. Ah Thaen, you are back, how goes the celebration?"

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
solkan_uk said:
Thail will be unable to keep the look of shock from his face, at least momentarily.

"That's a great honour, Vylea - Are you sure I'm worthy... I have no family of my own so you might need to tell me what's involved".
[sblock]
Shiva is put a little off-balance by the request and instantly sees visions of all that could go wrong, however there is no easy way out for her - at least not without giving leave of this persona for a while. Reluctantly she'll try and go along with it...
[/sblock]

"Oh, I am sure you will do fine Thail." Vylea reasures him, "just be at the Central Pavilion, wearing your best, in two hours." Then she heads off to complete her preparations.

Bront

The man with the probe
MavrickWeirdo said:
OOC All [sblock] First I will include some general common knowledge about the wedding. Tonight (in game time) is the formal introduction. Then Day 2 is the archery tournament. Day 3 is the Mounted Archery Race. Day 4 is the handfasting ceremony. There may be some additional gatherings that take place, but this is the general plan.[/sblock]

The elf goes quiet at Carvers question. He seems to come to a decision, and so speaks, “You are ‘xactly right. That’s jus wat this whole Wedding is about. The Ancestor of the Bride and the Ancestor of the groom were promised to marry each other.

Less than an hour before their historic handfasting, Hobgoblins attacked. The groom rallied both warbands and drove back the monsters. Unfortunately the groom was fatally wounded…

In the back…

with one of his own arrows.

Some claim a goblin could have picked up an arrow he had fired and shot it back at him, but there are many rumors about that day...

So this wedding is meant to make up for the one that never happened."
"That is an incredable story. I sure hope that this wedding goes better than the last one. You know, you tell a great story. I wonder if you had an ancestor who was a great troubador, for you sure seem to fill that bill well" Carver has a few questions he decides not to ask, and instead hopes to build up the poor man's self esteme.

Carver says quietly to Jhonas "I think I understand now why they were upset over the arival of that goblin on the wasp.".

"You know Carver, you don't need to tell others every time you obseve something." A quiet voice eminating from Carver's back says. "You might learn somthing if you just sat and listened occasionaly."

Last edited:

D20Dazza

Explorer
Sarina Talenta Halfling Rogue

After settling in the mounts, and freshening up (including catching a quick bite to eat) Salina pulls Tuul aside "Look it's been a pleasure and all, and I believe my debt is now paid to you, but in doing so I have earned another debt. You must excuse me my friend for I have pulled gaurd duty for a couple of hours in payment for our being allowed entry, and, as I said previously, I always pay my debts. We may meet again later, goodbye". With a wave Salina looks around to see if she can easily spot the wedding tent and moves off towards the centre of the field. "No bloodshed, yeah, yeah" she mutters "Nothing wrong with dealing a few bruises though" she says with a grin.

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Bront said:
"That is an incredable story. I sure hope that this wedding goes better than the last one. You know, you tell a great story. I wonder if you had an ancestor who was a great troubador, for you sure seem to fill that bill well" Carver has a few questions he decides not to ask, and instead hopes to build up the poor man's self esteme.

Carver says quietly to Jhonas "I think I understand now why they were upset over the arival of that goblin on the wasp.".

"A Goblin arrived on a Wasp?" Says the elf in shock. "Umm, 'xcuse me I just rembered something I need to do." He says looking slightly ill. He then rushes out of the tent.

reedu21

First Post
Bront said:

"You know Carver, you don't need to tell others every time you obseve something." A quiet voice eminating from Carver's back says. "You might learn somthing if you just sat and listened occasionaly."

Jhonas momentarily considers following the Elf, but the second voice emanating from Carver intrigues him more. "What's that, Carver? What's that voice?"

Ferrix

Explorer
MavrickWeirdo said:
Thaen finds his brother truly is in knots, as the tailor goes through the final fitting. Thondraes says to the tailor, "Be careful with those needles, the "no blood shed" tradition applies to you as well. Ah Thaen, you are back, how goes the celebration?"

"Things are in order, or enough so. We've had quite the odd arrival of guests, none I've seen before. The strangest being a goblin riding a wasp," he says with a chuckle.

solkan_uk

First Post
Flashing his most charming smile, "I'll not let you down"

Figuring she's got about 3/4 hour to herself, Thail goes in search of the new warforged, but keeps a very careful eye on the time.

EDIT: But then Thail remembers he has other duties...

"Minister Kaelendor, we'd best get you to the Central Pavillion."

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
reedu21 said:
Jhonas momentarily considers following the Elf, but the second voice emanating from Carver intrigues him more. "What's that, Carver? What's that voice?"

"Oh, that's Dove." He pulls out an ornately crafted mourningstar, looking exceptional in both form and function. "I crafted him a while ago. I needed a companion and managed to imbue my weapon with one. He's usualy pretty quiet unless you talk to him. I think he understands people better than I do though."

"Pleasure to meet you Jhonas" says a voice eminating from the weapon. "Don't mind Carver, he's a bit of a lunk head, but he's a great guy."

You'd swear Carver was blushing from his body language "I'm sorry, he can be a bit direct at times."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases