Elven Wedding - The race is Over, we are moving on

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
The Introduction Ceremony

The Grand Pavilion slowly becomes more crowded. A small half-elven boy sits near Carver. In front of Carver and Jhonas sit a human and an elf, both dressed as craftsmen. They are discussing their chances in the archery contest tomorrow.

Keeper Caedaes enters first, he asks a blessing of the ancestors. He begins to talk about how much it must please the ancestors, that these two are undoing the tragedy of the past. Then he introduces the groom Thondraes Kethir and his honor guard, starting with Thaean Kethir

The human craftsman asks the elf with him “Is it true that the groom’s ancestor’s brother is the one who killed him?”

The elven crafts man shakes his head. “The groom’s ancestor did not have a brother. The Aerialua Clan, which is the bride’s family, believe that the groom’s brother’s ancestor, who inherited the warband when Thondraes’an died was the culprit.”

Keeper Caedaes introduces the bride Vylea Aerialua and her honor guard, starting with Thail Erialua. The groom and his honor guard look shocked at this development.

The elven craftsman chuckles, “The Kethir clan, on the other hand, believes that Vylea’an’s brother Thail’an was the guilty one.”

“Who do you think did it?” the human asks.

“I am still suspicious of the goblinoids”, answers the elf.

An Aerenal Elf then gives a speech which is quite moving to those who understand the archaic elven tongue. Keeper Caedaes finishes with a wish that everyone enjoy the celebration, but keep to the truce.

solkan_uk

First Post
Thail stands fairly painfully to attention, all too aware that her cover could be blown if she makes too much of a faux pas with all the attention on her.

In addition he doesn't want to do anything to upset Vylea further, as truth be told - he's quite fond of her.

D20Dazza

Explorer
MavrickWeirdo said:
As Salina scans the crowd she notices a young half-breed (half-elf) boy, as she is about to get his attention she notices Tuul walking allong the Promenade.
Signalling to Tuul she beckons the goblin over "Look friend Tuul, I wonder if you can do me a small favour? See that man over there", she says indicating the retreating mans back "I need to find out where he is staying and it's very important that he doesn't know that I know where he is staying. Do you think you could follow him for awhile for me and let me know where he is camped? As you know I take debt very responsibly and have another hour or two of gaurd duty remaining, and of course I would not ask you to do this for me without receiving proper recompense. How about if you do this for me I get dinner for us? the small halfling girl syas with a smile and a wink.

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
D20Dazza said:
Signalling to Tuul she beckons the goblin over "Look friend Tuul, I wonder if you can do me a small favour? See that man over there", she says indicating the retreating mans back "I need to find out where he is staying and it's very important that he doesn't know that I know where he is staying. Do you think you could follow him for awhile for me and let me know where he is camped? As you know I take debt very responsibly and have another hour or two of gaurd duty remaining, and of course I would not ask you to do this for me without receiving proper recompense. How about if you do this for me I get dinner for us? the small halfling girl says with a smile and a wink.

Tuul agrees to the deal and heads off after the elf.

About an hour later Bartol comes by, "I hope you don't mind that I stuck you with guard duty during the ceremony. I figured you wouldn't care about missing Keeper Caedaes' speach." He then brings her up-to-date on all the wedding gosip. After that he leaves to continue his rounds.

Once the ceremony ends the gift tent becomes quite busy with people viewing the gifts. Salina's releif arrives at about sunset. Tuul show up a couple of minutes later. "I will show you his tent, we must move quietly." He leads you to a tent in the groom's camp. Tuul turns to say something to you, but does not keep his voice low enough. An elf calls out "Who's there." Tuul waves Salina to stay put, then stands up strait, and runs off. The elf calls out, "Stop him." and chases after the goblin, unaware that Salina is there.

Thaean [sblock] Thaean you are now chasing a goblin through the groom's camp. [/sblock]

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
solkan_uk said:
Thail stands fairly painfully to attention, all too aware that her cover could be blown if she makes too much of a faux pas with all the attention on her.

In addition he doesn't want to do anything to upset Vylea further, as truth be told - he's quite fond of her.

Thial [sblock] No one seems to supect that Thail is not who he says he is, but he did get some dark looks from the groom's honor guard.

Thial will have a 1 hour "watch" tonight of the bride's camp. You may choose which hour. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
"Jhonas, is the truce of the elves realy that fragile that they have to be reminded to keep it at every notice? Why do the elves here always fight? I remember reading that many other elves are more likely students and scholars and not as intent on fighting as those of Valenar." Carver inquires.

reedu21

First Post
Bront said:
"Jhonas, is the truce of the elves realy that fragile that they have to be reminded to keep it at every notice? Why do the elves here always fight? I remember reading that many other elves are more likely students and scholars and not as intent on fighting as those of Valenar." Carver inquires.

"I guess when ya live so long ya gotta find sumptin ta do. I'd probly go crazy, too, if everything was 'his ancestor did this' and 'my ancestor did that'. But, I tell ya what, it's fun to watch as long as they ain't fightin' you."

Jhonas stands and stretches after sitting through the ceremony. "Well, let's see what kinds of goodies their gettin'. I betchya yer carvin' is one of the nicer gifts." Jhonas heads towards the gift tent.

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
reedu21 said:
"I guess when ya live so long ya gotta find sumptin ta do. I'd probly go crazy, too, if everything was 'his ancestor did this' and 'my ancestor did that'. But, I tell ya what, it's fun to watch as long as they ain't fightin' you."

Jhonas stands and stretches after sitting through the ceremony. "Well, let's see what kinds of goodies their gettin'. I betchya yer carvin' is one of the nicer gifts." Jhonas heads towards the gift tent.

When you get to the gift tent you see a extra-petite femail Talenta warrior guarding the entrance. It is about an hour till sunset. <<
Continuity? What's that?
>>

Bront

The man with the probe
reedu21 said:

Carver actualy chuckles (is that what that gravely noise is?) and nods in agreement. "Yes, I think there is some truth to that."

Carver accompanies Jhonas to the gift tent. He acknowledges the small halfling as he enters, wondering if his carving is getting any attention at all. Usually he just gives them away or simply leaves them, but he has never had a chance to find out if others actualy think his work is any good.

OOC: [sblock] Since Carver is not very skilled at carving, but has good tools and is generaly good at crafting, I'm not sure exactly how good the carving is. It should be one of his better ones (he never takes a 10, always rolls for them) as he was hoping to impress the elves and give a suitable gift, so my guess is he at least hit a DC 20. If he happened to roll a 20 on it, he hits a DC 25 (and rolled a 20), but I'm not going to assume hitting a 20 on anything, even a simple RP carving.[/sblock]

Remove ads