The Secret Scion

Erekose13

Explorer
*Hxaptös walks along with the group quietly questioning whether this was such a good idea or not. He doesn't really know them, and they while they are all in the same boat, is that a good thing. Probably half the world is after this little gaggle of people if their stories can be trusted. Glancing to his arm he thinks, We should get out of here, THEY will find us if we keep together with this bunch. Too many.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
What did I tell you? THEY are looking for you alone. Here you can disappear. the voice whispers to Hxaptös.

As the group leaves their hiding place, they spot another group trotting in the other direction, a half-level below. Close examination proves the group to be a half-dozen goblins hauling along a large, lumpy bag. As the pass below you, you hear a faint, "Lemme go-" right before one of the goblins hits the bag with the hilt of his dagger. The bag sags, and the goblins continue on, looking about warily.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
"I think we should follow them, that doesn't sound good" Mel says quietly to the rest of the group.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Oh dear--sounds like they are kidnapping someone! Not good at all! I still can't believe this city lets those stinky, evil little things run about like this...even if they do perform labour here."

lotuseater

Explorer
Kazan Oleander - Half-Elf Spellthief

Prior to the goblins going by:

Kazan laments the loss of a free meal at the tall human's expense, but it will simply allow him to show his magnanimous side. "Don't worry friends, I have enough to cover everyone's meal. As I said, the cost will be worth it to hear your stories."

After he notices the goblins walk by carrying the speaking bundle:

When he sees the apparent kidnappers, Kazan quickens his step, hoping no one else will notice. The last thing he wants is to get involved in some fool's rescue mission. But when the elf girl Mel speaks up, he does his best to hide his disappointment. How to get out of this mess?

Then he decides it might be just the opportunity he needs to prove his heroism. If he could win over a couple of his new potential companions, they might become very useful in a pinch. And Kazan has been in quite a few pinches lately. And who knows who might be in that bag. Dreams of reward money and grateful nobles begin dancing in his head. Besides, those two human boulders could easily take on a group of goblins twice this size.

In a whisper, he says, "You're right Mel. We do need to help who's ever in that bag." When he sees some doubts form on the faces around him, he continues, "Think if it had been one of us. Wouldn't you want someone to go out of their way to help you. Let's follow them and see what they are up to."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I agree," Rayni says, nodding unconditionally at the half-elf's words if not the man behind them, "Please, friends, let's save that poor person--OK?" she ask plaintively, beaming an irresistible smile at everyone.

(OOC: Diplomacy +13. Not bad at all for level 1 ;))

D20Dazza

Explorer
Bail Human Barbarian

"I will aid in whatever way I may, being held against ones will sickens me, but let us not wait let's have at them now, stinking slavers" Bail growls his voice think with hatred and undisguised loathing.

Bront

The man with the probe
Mel calls out to the goblins "Hey, what do you big meanies think you're doing to that guy in the bag?"

lotuseater

Explorer
Kazan keeps his curses to himself when the elf woman calls out to the goblins. Hasn't she heard of subtlety. He immediately pulls out his newly acquired dagger, and moves into a position about ten feet behind them, preferring to stick to the shadows if that's possible. He's doing his best to avoid their notice.

Last edited:

Remove ads