The Secret Scion

Erekose13

Explorer
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
What did I tell you? THEY are looking for you alone. Here you can disappear. the voice whispers to Hxaptös.

Alright alright in a group I can disappear. But what the heck are they thinking now! They are drawing attention to us! They are even crasier than I. Hxaptös thinks to the Voice. He stands ready, unwilling to say anything but he will help if this group is intent on doing something stupid. If combat breaks out he will cast lesser confusion on the goblin with the bag. He does nothing to restrain Bail despite his reluctance to get involved.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Erekose13 said:
Alright alright in a group I can disappear. But what the heck are they thinking now! They are drawing attention to us! They are even crazier than I. Hxaptös thinks to the Voice. He stands ready, unwilling to say anything but he will help if this group is intent on doing something stupid. If combat breaks out he will cast lesser confusion on the goblin with the bag. He does nothing to restrain Bail despite his reluctance to get involved.*
Exactly! Would THEY expect you to get involved? To draw attention to yourself? No! They expect you to hide, to be a scared little boy. They don't expect you in the company of fighters, they will discount such ridiculous tales. the voice snaps back.

"Look, midgets," he says aloud, turning to the goblins. "You´re already too short. It would be a shame to make you a head shorter. So, why don´t you do the intelligent thing and open that bag?"
"I'd listen to him. The last goblin he got mad at had to be cleaned up with a bucket." Mel says.
The goblins look at each other, then back at the group. One or two look concerned. The others look unimpressed. "You couldn't take my head even if I gave it to you with a ribbon on it. Take a hike longshanks," the leader snarls.

Both sides are ready for conflict, and when it's clear that no compromise can be reached, the skywalks of Sharn erupt into violence. Bail jumps down to the level below, axe raised up over his head, eyes bright with terrible rage. The axe comes down upon the head of the closest goblin, and cleaves him in two lengthwise. Blood spatters those around him as his companions move into action. Mel fires an arrow from her bow, striking another goblin in the shoulder, while Kazan tries to leap out of hiding and take one of the two he has pegged for spellcasters by surprise. His jump is off and his attack goes wide however, and his victim starts at his abrupt appearance.

Harolk makes an impressive entrance by cleaving the goblin leader's head clean off his shoulders. Rayni targets another un-armored goblin with her orb of lightning, catching him full in the chest. The goblin in knocked off his feat and crumples to the ground. Hxaptös' Voice makes a strange grumbling noise that explodes into a dark shadowy figure in the face of another untouched goblin foe. Whatever he sees leaves him terrified, and he goes screaming off into the darkness. The goblin Kazan tried to hit leaps back from him and fires a fiery dart at him, striking him in the shoulder. The last one standing makes a token effort to avenge his leader's death by striking Harolk with a glancing blow. Both then take off after the screaming one, running as fast as their little legs can carry them.

OOC
Initiative:
Bail - 19
Mel - 12 (higher Dex)
Kazan - 12
Harolk - 11 (higher Dex)
Rayni - 11
Hxaptös - 8
Goblins - 6

Bail jumps down in a rage and attacks, confirmed crit with a 22 for 26 points of damage, downing one goblin. Mel grabs her shortbow and hits with a 20 for 1 point of damage. Kazan jumps down and attacks one goblin spellcaster, misses with a 2. Harolk jumps down, confirms a crit with an 18, deals 18 points of damage and downs another goblin. Rayni hits one of the spellcaster goblins with a 16 touch attack for 6 points of damage, downing him. Hxaptös' Voice casts cause fear on the last goblin who fails his save and goes off screaming. Goblin wizard backs off and magic missiles Kazan for 2 points of damage, then runs. Last goblin standing hits Harolk with a 20 for 2 points of damage, then runs.

Bront

The man with the probe
Mel will drop down to let out the pour soul who was in the bag. "It's all right now, the mean goblins are gone." She says to whoever was in the bag.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Rayni is very distressed about the goblins that were killed. She knows her magic couldn't kill anyone, but the big muscular men have just killed two goblins, making her sad. Rayni wishes nobody had to die.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
The person in the bag proves to be a dwarven boy, nearly a young man, who bears a swirling dragonmark on his left cheek. There's a nasty bruise on his temple, and he looks rumbled and flushed. He gasped into the night air, and looked around at his rescuers with relief.

"Th-thank you! Thank you so much!" he says in a deep voice, getting out of the bag and brushing himself off. He looks around at the carnage of two goblin bodies in multiple pieces, and a third scorched and slumped. He goes a bit green, then visibly exherts control over himself. "They knocked me out and bundled me up when I was going home from the gaming hall... Oh, I'm Kerrik d'Kundarak. I... I don't know how to thank you for helping me..."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Don't worry about it," Rayni smiles down comfortingly to Kerrik, "You would have done the same for us, I'm sure. I'm Rayni--nice to meet you Kerrik!"

Bront

The man with the probe
"Yes, We're glad to help you. I'm Melphina." Mel notices the dragonmark. "I'm supprised these goblins would mess with a House. That seems pretty bold of them. Any idea why the took you?"

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I'm not exactly sure, but I think it had something to do with a ransom. They talked about how much gold they would get. I, ah, I'm the only one of my house that usually goes to Knucklebones. They must have marked me there. Or maybe it was for someone else, I don't really know!" Kerrik says, his brow furrowed. He seemed pleased to be greeted so warmly, but was also shaken by what had happened to him.

lotuseater

Explorer
"We shouldn't let those two get away, as they could bring more friends later," Kazan says to his new companions immediately after the fight ends with a goblin retreat, but he certainly doesn't make an effort to go after them himself. Instead, he takes a look at his arm, bruised by the magical missiles, and gingerly stretches it out to see how injured it is.

He will then quickly begin looking through the possessions of the slain goblins, looking for any signs of who they might be, or where they came for, as well as any valuables. He also scans the streets to see if there is anyone watching and if there is a good hiding place to stash the bodies. To the others, he says, "We should hurry, hide these bodies, and get out of here before the authorities, or there friends, arrive."

To the dwarf, he says, "We should all find a safe place away from prying eyes. Perhaps you know a place where we can lay low for a few days, while we try to figure out who might be behind this kidnapping."

OOC: Search +4

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Don't be scared, Kerrik," Rayni suggests with a bright and comforting smile, coming down to talk to him up close and personal without having to awkwardly speak down from a distance at the higher level, "We won't let those nasty goblins hurt you. You're safe now, with friends--you'll be my friend, right?"

Remove ads