Ever played the intro to DnD game at Wizards?

Bryan898

First Post
There's an intro to DnD at the wizards website or this URL: http://www.wizards.com/playdnd/playdnd.asp

You select the bottom left box at the initial screen where it says play the DnD basic demo game. This thing is horrible, it almost Hurt to play. The script in the demo is what I expect when someone is trying to make fun of the game, not advertise it. :confused: It's almost as bad as the DnD movie.. if not worse.

And people wonder why DnD is made fun of :\ ... "Nasty nasty Kobold"

shaylon

First Post
Felnar said:
you know a second D&D movie was made, is supposed to be released in 2005, and a 3rd movie has been announced?

Man I hope they get Marlon Wayans to reprise his role as Snails. Hadn't heard about this, where was this posted?

Later,
Shay

Breakdaddy

First Post
shaylon said:
Man I hope they get Marlon Wayans to reprise his role as Snails. Hadn't heard about this, where was this posted?

Later,
Shay

REALLY??? I always thought that the Wayans kid was the most reprehensible part of a movie that was pretty weaksauce to begin with.

Mista Collins

First Post
Bryan898 said:
There's an intro to DnD at the wizards website or this URL: http://www.wizards.com/playdnd/playdnd.asp

You select the bottom left box at the initial screen where it says play the DnD basic demo game. This thing is horrible, it almost Hurt to play. The script in the demo is what I expect when someone is trying to make fun of the game, not advertise it. :confused: It's almost as bad as the DnD movie.. if not worse.

And people wonder why DnD is made fun of :\ ... "Nasty nasty Kobold"

My eyes! They burn!...
My ears! They bleed!...
My mind! It hurts!...

....if they made it more exciting (not the boring narrative of the DM), it would be better. It does get the basic point across.

sad_genius

First Post
One of my players, a girl who'd never roleplayed before, saw that before our first session. I pleeded with her that my games were nothing like that, and she came along anyway.
About half way though the first sesson, she announced to the group "this is much better than that flash animation - you know, the one where you're in this dungeon for no reason with that creepy gay guy". Also, the phrase "I nailed him for four points" (you have to watch the animation for the correct creepy/lame intonation) has become somewhat of a saying in our group.

M

Remove ads