Campaign websites, share your ideas

gariig

First Post
I'm starting a website for my D&D group that I had just started. So, I'm looking for some ideas. Such as content, webspace(free perferred), domain forwarding(cheap/free), internet sites that you are using.

Right now, I'm using blogger.com for people to post news and to keep players informed and 3eprofiler.com to keep a character record sheet(d20/d&d) on line for each characters section. For webspace I'm using the 4 megs my school gives me to host the HTML and the pictures we take with my gfs digital camera are stuck on Yahoo! photos . Just curious to what you are all doing with your websites and resources.

O, the website is
Campaign Site

Gariig

Ravellion

serves Gnome Master
I use tripod.co.uk. One popup I can live with, 10 megs is more than enough. Pictures (at the moment just maps) I just place there. Fulfills my needs perfectly.

Rav

Emiricol

Check out my site. Feel free to steal any idea you want - it is clear and organized, but more functional than pretty.

I paid for my domain name from NameZero (link on the site), and I believe it was under $20, including pop3 and web-based email utilities.

I borrow my webspace, so your free school space should be fine.

I don't post my group's characters to the site, but I am considering using this utility to showcase my party's characters, but I haven't decided. Do you like the Profiler one you are using?

The poll and messageboard are courtesy of Bravenet - EZboard had way too many popups :(

You can see a campaign setting (not one I'm playing, but one I'm developing just for fun) at this location . It's with geocities, which is pretty good from the standpoint that they give you a nice, easy to use address and lots of memory, but they have these nasty pop-up java windows everytime you change pages, which gets really annoying. I know you're looking for a free spot, but I'm seriously considering paying for some place that'll leave me alone with pop-ups. Geocities used to be that way before Yahoo! bought them, so I'm kinda a legacy customer.

tennyson

First Post
Hi gariig,

Feel free to take any ideas off of our site. We're constantly adding and taking things, but it's proven to be a useful tool to communicate to everyone. Once you find a comfortable pace to update it and such, it'll take on a form of it's own.

Check our site out here

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
My campaign site (link in the sig below) has been evolving over the past year or so and has proven to be an essential part of the campaign. It's a place where I can put up all the information that someone living in my world ought to know, along with the little details the party has uncovered in their travels.

I post house rules there, maps and descriptions of places and cultures, a calendar, history and all sorts of fun stuff. My party relies on it and it's usually up on the computer screen during our gaming sessions.

I have a lot fun designing and maintaining it, and I learned a lot. It's being hosted on a friend's server, which is nice in that "FREE" sort of way.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases