[Freeport] Vengeance in Freeport

talien

Community Supporter
As Freeport is in Arcanis, I plan to use the Freeport trilogy as filler when I can't get the "star characters" to show up to a game.

Wait, that didn't come out right. Let me explain...

No, no, too long. Let me sum up:

There are several adventures coming up that are tightly tied to the various backgrounds of the PCs in the game. This includes Beldin the dwarf, Calactyte the ss'ressen, and Kham the Altherian. Those modules just wouldn't be the same without certain characters present, and sometimes two of them at a time. Getting those two players together simultaneously is a challenge.

So when we can't do that, I need adventures that are set in the same universe. We've been having a grand time with the pirate theme, so I just bought the first in the Freeport series and intend to run the whole thing in parallel whenever the adventurers aren't part of one the larger, overarching adventures.

We'll eventually get to yours. :)

Napftor

Explorer
Hi there, Mike. Having Freeport mods as backups sounds like a great idea for your group. Our group has similar woes and it is hard to get everyone together more than once a month. I'm solving this after our new planar-based campaign begins. All PCs will be part of the same adventuring organization, their missions handed to them by superiors. This way, if someone cannot attend, they either out on another mission or are simply not suited for it. Whatever the in-game reason, it makes sense moreso than having PC say, suddenly vanish during a desert trek that spans more than one adventure. ;)

talien

Community Supporter
In a bizarre twist of fate, I went from announcing our campaign dead a few weeks ago to now having so much material that the story hour is three adventures behind.

Our next adventure is being DMed by Rob Taylor: Assault Upon the Gate of Tears. Then, I think it's back to Freeport. I just boosted the adventure a bit so that it's a better fit for their APL (I replaced Freeport's "snake people" with the Arcanis ssuanu, who are like 7 times more powerful). Should be fun.

The best part is there was a secret agent in the Temple of Althares in "All That Glitters," so they have plenty of reasons to go back to that temple in Freeport (pardon, the "temple of knowledge" in generic terms) and find out what the heck was going on.

Then things get REALLY FREAKY. MUAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!

Ahem. Sorry, got carried away.

Remove ads