Good gods! And evil gods! And even neutral gods!

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Cross-posting this from over in the General forum...well, not directly, but you get the idea.

The gods list that I've been working on for over a year has finally been released through the good folks over at Planewalker.com. At over 150 pages long, this has every deity published in a book, module, etc. over the entire history of the game...at least, I'd like to think so, since I'm sure a few may have slipped by me. But still, it's impressive, and I'm quite proud of it.

So BOZ, what say we start assigning divine ranks to all of these guys? ;)

Last edited:

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
And the list has now had its first update! Gods, Demi-Gods & Heroes has now been taken into account by the list!

Goolpsy

First Post
that list is just AWESOME,

And with the names systemathecly placed by name.... though
i strongly suggest that you put or copy every god beginning with "the" under the letter T

I just look abit messy with several Weird letters; T in the middle of the R section etc.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Goolpsy said:
that list is just AWESOME

Thanks! :)

And with the names systemathecly placed by name.... though
i strongly suggest that you put or copy every god beginning with "the" under the letter T

I just look abit messy with several Weird letters; T in the middle of the R section etc.
It just didn't seem right to have gods who had their name begin with "The" in the "T" section. (Virtually) Every alphabetical filing system I've seen has ignored things like "the" "and" etc. in titles, and I think most people know to ignore that. If you want to look for info on The Xammux, for example, most people would think to go look under "X".

I know it's slightly old news now, but the list was updated a few days ago to take into account Slavers and the Living Greyhawk Deities file.

Mortis

First Post
Alzrius said:
It just didn't seem right to have gods who had their name begin with "The" in the "T" section. (Virtually) Every alphabetical filing system I've seen has ignored things like "the" "and" etc. in titles, and I think most people know to ignore that. If you want to look for info on The Xammux, for example, most people would think to go look under "X".
Perhaps it would be better to list such gods as 'Xammux, The' for example. ;)

Changing the subject slightly a rather complete list of Mystaran Immortals maybe found here.

Regards,
Mortis

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Please excuse the serious thread necromancy, but I couldn't figure out a better place to put this!

Alzrius, while checking through the TSR UK published Imagine magazines for monsters, I stumbled across an article on the Gods of Pelinore (in issue #26, May 1985).

As far as I can tell, those gods aren't included in the current version of the Gods List. If you want, I can scan the two pages of that article and send them to you. Drop me a mail :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases