Any way for a human to gain Darkvision?

Shadeus

First Post
Sabathius42 said:
Complete Adventurer has a prestige class (whose name eludes me but I believe its called Dungeon Delver) that is basically a dungeon-only thief type. It has darkvision at an early level, easy to join requirements, and I believe even blindsight after enough levels. You could take that instead of normal rogue levels once you qualify.

DS

That's the name. I was going to suggest the same thing. The only huge negative with the class is no sneak attack damage. But it's a pretty good rogue class substitute.

Sabathius42 said:
It has darkvision at an early level, easy to join requirements, and I believe even blindsight after enough levels. You could take that instead of normal rogue levels once you qualify.
Actually, has some pretty hefty 'special' requirements...depending on how amenable the DM is to allowing a rearranged background, or a year's worth of downtime, or SOLO side adventures (one that gives you half the xp needed for a level).

Not to mention a total of 60 ranks of skill preqrequisites...albeit in many skills you'd commonly want anyway.

Last edited:

RigaMortus2

First Post
dedicated said:
Devil's sight gives the ability to see in normal and magical darkness to 30 ft

One little note... Devil's Sight is not limited to just 30 feet. It gives you the ability to see in normal and magical darkness up to the normal limit you would be able to see as if it was light outside... So if you could see a mile away, you can see a mile away in darkness or magical darkness with this invocation

Chorn

First Post
RigaMortus2 said:
One little note... Devil's Sight is not limited to just 30 feet. It gives you the ability to see in normal and magical darkness up to the normal limit you would be able to see as if it was light outside...
Where are you getting this from? It explicitly states that it only penetrates up to 30 feet of darkness. If you're thinking of the darkvision granted by see the unseen, then that too is limited to a 60 foot range.

Sejs

First Post
RigaMortis2 said:
One little note... Devil's Sight is not limited to just 30 feet. It gives you the ability to see in normal and magical darkness up to the normal limit you would be able to see as if it was light outside... So if you could see a mile away, you can see a mile away in darkness or magical darkness with this invocation

Devil's Sight
Least; 2nd
You gain the visual acuity of a devil for 24 hours. You can see normally in darkness and magical darkness out to 30 feet.

justinsluder

First Post
Darkvision with 2 feats

Book: Lords of Madness - The Book of Aberrations

Page 178: Aberration Blood - depending on which aberrant feature you choose you gain different benefits.

Page 180: Inhuman Vision - gain a bonus to Spot checks, grants darkvision to a range of 5 ft/aberrant feat or increases existing darkvision by the same amount.

In other words, if I character takes this at the first opportunity they gain darkvision to a range of 10 ft. A human could do this at first level.

I hope this helps.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases