Random forest map generator?

Nail said:
I'm trying to use this....what does the message "User lib not found" mean?

Arrrrrrrrrgggg!!!! :(

I don't know. What kind of computer do you have?

Did you unzip it first? I think I got a similar error when I tried running without unzipping.

Nail

First Post
(Psi)SeveredHead said:
I don't know. What kind of computer do you have?

Did you unzip it first? I think I got a similar error when I tried running without unzipping.
It's unzipped, and in a folder on my desktop.

...and still giving me the same error. Do I have to put the unzipped files someplace special? As I said, they're just in a folder on my desktop. I double click on ForestGen1 and....nada but an error message about "user lib...". :\

I'm running Windows XP Pro on a HP 7500, if that's helpful. :confused: :eek:

Nail said:
It's unzipped, and in a folder on my desktop.

...and still giving me the same error. Do I have to put the unzipped files someplace special? As I said, they're just in a folder on my desktop. I double click on ForestGen1 and....nada but an error message about "user lib...". :\

I'm running Windows XP Pro on a HP 7500, if that's helpful. :confused: :eek:

That computer is way better than what I've got. I put it in My Documents, in a folder called fgz (but the folder name is certainly not important).

Nail

First Post
Well......I'm puzzled.

It works now. I downloaded a new copy, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the problem. This time I had WinZip "extract" the files, rather than me manually highlighting the files and dragging them out of the WinZip archive and onto my desktop. For some reason or another that created a "Data" folder, which wasn't there before.

Huh.

Anyway: Works now! Thanks! :)

In case TogaMario is interested: It'd be great if we could select the percentages of heavy and light undergrowth. Currently there's a mandatory 50/50 split, IINM. It would also be nice to select the percentages of tree/tree-filled squares.

Still: Nice job!

Terraism

Explorer
Nail said:
It works now. I downloaded a new copy, but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the problem. This time I had WinZip "extract" the files, rather than me manually highlighting the files and dragging them out of the WinZip archive and onto my desktop. For some reason or another that created a "Data" folder, which wasn't there before.
His original structure - that he zipped on his end - had a "Data" folder. When he zipped up the lot, the ZIP file retains the file heirarchy, and, thus, keeps the folder. In WinZip, when you use the "extract" command, it restores the file hierarchy (which is often necessary to make whatever you're extracting work.) When you drag and drop, it doesn't. :)

Anyway, on-topic. Just tried this out, and Toga? It's grand. Very handy little tool. Just sayin'. And your idea of having layered output - ground, basic cover, and finally treetops - is neat. Here's to hoping you've got time to play around with that at some point. :)

Nail

First Post
Terraism said:
His original structure - that he zipped on his end - had a "Data" folder. When he zipped up the lot, the ZIP file retains the file heirarchy, and, thus, keeps the folder. In WinZip, when you use the "extract" command, it restores the file hierarchy (which is often necessary to make whatever you're extracting work.) When you drag and drop, it doesn't. :)
A thousand thanks, Terraism. I am enlightened, and in your debt. Should I ever argue with you in a thread on these boards, you may pull this out, and I'll immediately agree with you and say your angle was always the correct one. ;)

TogaMario

First Post
Holy cow, I hadn't noticed this threads many posts (just became a community supporter and went back through my old posts) Thank you fellas for helping everyone out in my absence!

Remove ads