Endur's Return to TOEE part 2

Seonaid

Explorer
Toriah

Xael said:
"Then there's the question of whether or not to avoid the Dragon, but Elmo seems to be too busy to deal with it, so unless somebody objecst, we might as well try to kill it on the way."
Toriah looks at Lylamwyn incredulously. "'Migh' as well try t' kill 't on th' way'?" he echoes. "You make 't soun' so easy." His expression twists between disbelief to something close to anger.

As they read the translation, he shivers. "They soun' like some nasty men," he comments, trying to be nonchalant. When Lylamwyn asks again for a destination, he looks at the others before replying.

Xael

First Post
Seonaid said:
Toriah looks at Lylamwyn incredulously. "'Migh' as well try t' kill 't on th' way'?" he echoes. "You make 't soun' so easy." His expression twists between disbelief to something close to anger.

Lylamwyn looks at Toriah and grins slightly, indicating that he probably was only half-serious. "Well, can it be worse than being trapped in a Moathouse with bunch of angry, evil cultists? On the other hand, if we just go back in from the secret passage, the Dragon would actually work as a fine guardian for the place. But it's somewhat of a danger to the surrounding countryside I think. And it wasn't the size of the broad side of a barn thankfully.

Yet."
, Lylamwyn ends.

Seonaid

Explorer
Toriah shrugs uneasily. "I guess we shoul' do something abou' 't if we c'n, bu' I don' have t' like 't. A dragon's different than a bunch of cultists."

Endur

First Post
The party negotiates and trades with the Blacksmiths and armorers of Hommlet. The full plate armor they seized from the cultists is fitted for Craven and Raner. Craven and Raner each receive new weapons from the weaponsmith.

Belaver cures the party members that were suffering from fevers.

When Belaver has dinner the following night with his brother David, Uncle Joman, and Aunt Alice, Uncle Joman says he has big news.

"Congratulations Belaver! Master Jaroo wrote a letter to the town council where he appointed you the new head of the Old Faith in Hommlet. Master Jaroo said he was retiring to spend time in the wilderness with Tanak.
"Master Jaroo also asked that you be appointed to the Council of Elders. The Council has decided to keep Master Jaroo on the Council of Elders for now, but you will be acting as Master Jaroo's replacement when he is out of town. When both of you are out of town, Yundi will act as your replacement.
"The Council fully expects that you will continue to pursue and destroy these evil cultists that are plaguing the nearby lands. Wack them down like weeds, I say.
"And now congratulations are in order for David too! With the Miller's family having gone missing, the Council has decided to put David in charge of the Mill until we can discover what happened to poor Karlun Fies and his wife."

Xaod thanks Craven, "Canoness Y'Dey said I should thank you for donating this sword to the Temple Armory. Before I came to Hommlet, I wielded an Axe, although not as large an axe as your friend Raner carries. Unfortunately, I misplaced my axe one night and have not seen it since. Thank you for the sword. It seems like a fine weapon."

When Craven asks permission to return to the Moathouse and slay the Dragon, Canoness Y'Dey grants permission and wishes him luck.

Xaod goes and buys supplies for the return trip to the Moathouse. Xaod confides in Craven, "By buying day-old bread for our trip, I was able to get extra bottles of Keoish Golden wine. We'll need the wine to protect ourselves from evil spirits and bad dreams."

The Temple Armory provides saddle and other tack for Craven's new mount, including chain shirt barding (+4 AC).

Renne brings a gift to the party of the following potions: Spider Climb, Cure Light Wounds (x2), Hiding, Swimming, Blur, Bulls Strength, Darkvision, Levitate, Cure Moderate Wounds, and Water Breathing.

Last edited:

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
"I am honored, and a little overwhelmed. I will, of course, do everything I can to fulfill my duties, but I am still quite young." Belaver will write a letter to his grandfather, soliciting advice on his new post.

Endur

First Post
The trip back to the Moathouse is uneventful at first. Most of the party rides in the two wagons while Craven and Xaod ride on their horses. Xaod explains to Craven at great length how wine has the potent ability to protect the human mind from evil spirits and nightmares (and Xaod imbibes quite often to make sure that he is sufficiently protected).

The party makes it back to the place where they encountered the false Elmo and Vesta below the final ridge before they will be able to see the Moathouse.

At that point, the party stops to discuss what to do about the wagons and how to cover the ground for the final 30 to 60 minutes to the Moathouse.

Xaod is taking a drink from his wine bottle when without warning, the pony-sized Blue Dragon dives out of the blue sky and claws Xaod.

Will Save vs. Fear (DC 17)
Horses (3 panicking, 1 passed)
Lenya 15+3+4=22 pass
Lylamwyn 12+4+4=20 pass
Belaver 3+8+4+2=17 pass
Neshi 8+4+2=12 panicking (must flee)
Kerwyn 8+4+4=16 shaken (-2 to attack rolls, saving throws, ability checks)
Raner 13+1+4=18 pass
Toriah 16+1+4=21 pass
Courage 15+3+4=22 pass
Clarity 19+3+4 =26 pass

Utreshimon the Blue Dragon dives onto Xaod, clawing him.
(2+15+2 charge +1 height=20 hit, Damage 11).

Round 1:
Initiative
19: Utreshimon the Blue Dragon Breathes Lightning at the two mounted warriors (also catching two of the draft horses in the line) and then flies 150 feet away climbing back into the sky.
Reflex Save vs. Lightning (DC 18, Dmg 24)
Craven reflex save 11+2=13 fail, dmg 24.
Courage reflex save 5+6=11 fail, dmg 12, improved evasion
Xaod reflex save 3+4=7 fail, dmg 24; Xaod slumps over on Clarity.
Clarity reflex save 4+6=10 fail, dmg 12.
Draft horse reflex save 14+ fail, dam 24 panicking draft horse slain
Draft horse reflex save 18+ pass, dmg 12 steady draft horse wounded

18: Clarity (-12) steps a few steps away from the wagons.
17: Raner jumps out of the wagon and shoots his bow at the Dragon, missing (14+6-2=18)
17: Xaod (-35) slumped over in his saddle, stabilizes.
16: Courage (-12)
15: Kerwyn (shaken) fires his light crossbow at the Dragon, but misses (17+5 -2 range -2 shaken= 18 miss)
15: Craven (-24) draws his bow and shoots the Flying Dragon (19+5-2 range =22 hit, dmg 6)
13: Draft horses for the wagon carrying Lenya, Belaver, Raner, and Neshi are panicking and trying to turn the wagon around to go back to Hommlet. Lylamwyn, Kerwyn, and Toriah’s wagon isn’t going anywhere, one horse dying (-25), the other severely wounded (-12).
12: Neshi fleeing
7: Belaver drops out of the wagon to take cover behind Lylamwyn's wagon and starts chanting a spell to summon a giant eagle ( Summon Nature's Ally 3 )
7: Toriah fires his light crossbow at the dragon and hits (20/1, dmg 4).
4: Lylamwyn casts Fireball, causing an explosion of flame around the flying Dragon. Lylamwyn then takes cover beneath his wagon. (Lylamwyn Caster Check 14+5=19; U's saving throw 5+8=13; Utreshimon takes 21 damage).
4: Lenya jumps out of her wagon and waits for the Dragon to come back into range, taking cover beneath Lylamwyn's wagon

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

Lenya takes cover behind/under one of the wagons and blasts the beast as soon as it comes within range again.

OOC: Dark One's Own Luck is on Reflex when we go to attack a dragon.

Xael

First Post
"Oh hells!", Lylamwyn shouts. "I said it would be a danger to the countryside!" Lylamwyn can't help but to feel some thrill when he gets to try his new spell, opening his left palm towards the sky and the Dragon, and casts Fireball. "Better start using those healing potions right now!", he continues while he dives under the wagon for cover after casting his spell.

OOC: Fireballs! I love Fireballs!

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Belaver calls out the words to a summoning spell, bringing a giant eagle into being and then dropping to take cover from the sides of the wagon.

OOC: dropping the Remove Disease.

Remove ads