Endur's Return to TOEE part 2

Endur

First Post
The barbarian sighs in resignation, "Oh, very well, we'll play your games if we must. You are not one of my demonic torturers. There. Are you satisfied?
"And this must be yet another one of your tricks. You would never dare to ruin my face permanently. This must be some spell that will wear off."

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

Lenya is still feeling ill from her earlier 'encounter' with the 'ghost'. She stands at the side, watching the water, while the others talk to the man.

Endur

First Post
Xaod says to Lenya, "I know you are familiar with Keoish Golden wine from your time in the Welcome Wench. Trust me. Drinking this stuff will protect you from evil spirits.
"I used to see evil spirits all the time until I increased my consumption of Keoish Golden. I saw Snakes and Tigers walking down the street in Hommlet. Nobody else saw them, though; not even you. Now I'm protected and I don't see them anymore."

Xaod offers a new unopened bottle to Lenya.

Thanee

First Post
Lenya

“I only drink wine with the meals, but thanks for the offer,” Lenya says, a faint smile playing around her lips.

Endur

First Post
The barbarian speaks to Raner, "Is there something wrong with your woman? Normally when women see my body and my face, they grow hot with desire and throw themselves at me. Or they try for the subtle route and try to mother me. Or maybe they play hard to get. But your woman looks ill.
"Is it my face? Does my face cause women to become sick now? Has your curse taken away all of my power over the opposite sex?"

Seonaid

Explorer
Toriah watches the interplay of the others, almost waiting for the barbarian to attack one of the party members. He occasionally looks at Lenya in concern. At the barbarian's words, he chokes back laughter at the man's impudence.

Endur

First Post
The northern barbarian continues,
"Still you say that you are not demons. Methinks you protesth too much.
"A test this is. A test of my memory to see if I recall any shred of my self after your many torments.
"You may have taken the very best part of me. My beauty may be gone forever.
"But my bitterness remains. My hatred is eternal. My revenge will come!
"I will never forget!
"I was born in the kingdom of the Fruztii. Second son to the Jarl of Krakenheim.
"Even as a child, I was the best at everything. The Seers said my fame would be as great as Vatun.
"My older brother feared my father would name me heir. My brother dared not challenge me, nor could he murder me for fear of the Kin-Slayer curse.
"So instead he plotted to have me kidnapped by an emissary from the Old One. He betrayed me to High Priestess Halga of Iuz's Greater Boneheart.
"The Priestess, like all women, desired me, although I was only 11.
"For years, she was my jailer, my mother, and my lover.
"She traveled the world, to Dorokaa, to Rel Astra, even to the Vault of the Drow. I went with her, secured by physical and magical bonds. I was her toy and plaything and she liked showing me off to others. Many of her friends lusted after me, but Halga always refused them. She wanted to keep me for herself.
"In the Vault of the Drow, the Priestesses of Lolth desired me. And their power was so great that even Halga feared what may happen. But Halga never guessed that the Demon Queen herself desired my beauty. The Demon Queen of Spiders' desire for me was so great that she freed me from Halga's bondage, even though it ended the alliance between the Drow and the Old One.
"The Goddess of the Drow gave me many gifts and placed me in command of many men. She sent me to a ruined fortress to hide and await my great destiny. When the time was right, I would receive the call.
"At twenty years of age, I was a brilliant and inspired commander, the best the world has ever seen, but it was not enough. My men were not up to the task we were given. I was murdered. My men slain or fled. My great destiny ended.
"Since that red day, I have been tortured and tormented in the Abyss for my failures. The only respite from the tortures and torments are when fair seeming lies make me think the tortures are finally over. And then, just when Hope's shadow appears, the tortures begin again.
"Do your worst.
"I will never forget.
"I was, I am, and I will be
"Lareth the Beautiful."

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
Toriah has heard the name Lareth the Beautiful before; he knows that Lareth was the commander of the Moathouse and that Canoness Y'Dey killed him a dozen years ago. (Knowledge Local 14+1=15; Kerwyn's Knowledge Local 1+3=4).

Craven is fairly certain that the man who claims to be Lareth is evil. Besides the obvious arrogance, he seems filled with hatred and claims to have associated with evil creatures. (And he radiates a strong evil to Craven's Detect Evil ability).

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
Toriah watches the man. "He's crazy," he proclaims. "Lareth died twelve years ago. Obviously this man's alive. An' who woul' wan' people t' think he's Lareth?" He shakes his head. "Crazy."

Endur

First Post
The barbarian sighs in resignation and responds to Toriah. "You are right, demon. What you say is correct."

Remove ads