[Players Chosen] Do You Have What It Takes To Join The Nameless Legion?

devrimk

First Post
Here is my elf fighter.

Name: Sting
Race: Elf (Gray from MM I)
Height: 5´ 6´´
Weight: 90 lbs
Eyes: Green
Hair: Black
Class: Fighter 4/ Swashbuckler 3/ C.of Corellon 2/ Duelist 2/ Dervish 1
Level: 12
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Stats
Str: 12 [+1] ( 6 pts -2 racial)
Dex: 24 [+7] ( 8pts +2 racial +3 level +4 Gloves of Dex.)
Con: 10 [0] ( 4pts -2 racial)
Int: 18 [+4] ( 10pts +2 racial)
Wis: 12 [1] (4pts)
Cha: 8 [-2] (0pts)

Saves
Fort: +10 ( 4Fighter+ 3Swashbuckler + 3C.of Corellon)
Ref: +15 ( 1Fighter+ 1Swashbuckler + 3Duelist + 2Dervish +1Grace +7 dex)
Will: +8 ( 1Fighter+ 1Swashbuckler + 3C.of Corellon + 2Dervish +1 wis)

Hit Dice: 12d10
Hit Points: ?
Initiative: +9 (+7dex +2 Improved Reaction)
Speed: 30'
AC: 31 (10base +7dex +5 armor +3natural +2deflection +2Canny defense +1Dervish +1Dodge)

BAB: +12
Grapple: +13

Attack bonus : 12base +7dex +1weapon +1feat
Damage bonus: +7dex +4int +1weapon +2feat
Full Attack: Main hand : Keen Scimitar +19/+14/+9 1d6+14 (15-20 x2)
Off hand : Keen Scimitar +19/+14/+9 1d6+14 (15-20 x2)

Skills:
Appraise: 4 (4ability)
Balance: 9 (7ability +2synergy)
Bluff: 4 (-1ability +5rank)
Climb: 3 (+1ability)
Diplomacy: 10 (-1ability +5rank +4synergy +2tatoo)
E.Artist: 12 (7ability +5rank)
Handle Animal: -1 (-1ability)
Heal: 1 (1ability)
Hide: 12 (7ability +5enchantment)
Intimidate: 15 (-1ability +12rank +2synergy +2tatoo)
Jump: 8 (1ability +5rank +2synergy)
K. (Religion): 6 (4ability +4rank cc)
Listen: 12 (1ability +9rank +2racial)
Move Silently: 12 (7ability +5enchantment)
Perform (Dance): 12 (-1ability +13rank)
Ride: 17 (7ability +10rank)
Search: 6 (4ability +2racial)
Sense Motive: 13 (1ability +12rank)
Spot: 18 (1ability +15rank +2racial)
Survival: 1 (1ability)
Swim: 1 (1ability)
Tumble: 20 (7ability +11rank +2synergy)
Use Rope: 9 (7ability +2synergy)

Feats & Atribute Bonuses:
1 Dodge
2 Two-weapon Fighting (Fighter Bonus 1)
3 Combat Expertise
4 Str +1
4 Weapon Focus: Scimitar (Fighter Bonus 2)
6 Improved Two-weapon Fighting
7 Mounted Combat (Fighter Bonus 3)
8 Dex +1
8 Mobility (C.of Corellon Bonus 1)
9 Weapon Specialization: Scimitar
12 Dex +1
12 Greater Two-weapon Fighting

Class & Prestige Class special abilities:
Swashbuckler:
Weapon Finnese
Grace +1
Insightful Strike

C.of Corellon:
Corellon's blessing
Elegant Strike

Duelist:
Canny Defense
Improved Reaction +2

Dervish:
Dervish Dance 1/day
Movement Mastery
Slashing Blades

Racial Traits:
-2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Int
Immunity to magic sleep effects
+2 saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects
Low-Light vision
+2 bonus on Listen, Search and Spot

Item Cost
Gloves of Dex. +4 18,000
Ring of Protection +2 8,000
Amulet of Natural Armor +3 18,000
Bracers of Armor +5 25,000
Keen Scimitar 8,000
Keen Scimitar 8,000
Boots of Elvenkind 2,500
Cloak of Elvenkind 2,500
Tattoo of Amity

Appearance:
Sting is a thin, pale elf warrior. He has lots of scars in his face and body. He always covers his body and face with his hood. He is never seen without his two keen scimitars.

Background:
He was a retired warrior. He was married and he was raising his child. But an enemy from his past: "Manticore" and his gangs came to his house, burned it down, tortured him and killed his wife and child. Sting felt deep sadness and anger. He tracked his enemies, hunted them for revenge. But his anger never stoped, he had reverie about his wife and child's death moments every night. He coudn't live like this and he knew that. He joined to "Nameless Legion", and erased his memory. He took the name "Sting" because of his deadly skills in light piercing weapons.

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Ok, I am/was thinking of making a Sprite Warmage 4/Favoured Soul 4/Mystic Theruge ?? but the 4 level hit from sprite just hurts, that and a 12th level character would only be able to cast 2nd level spells from a limited number.

But, I would gain, Greater Invisibility at will, DR 10/Cold Iron, Fly 60' good, SR 23, Dodge as a bonus feat and +1 Natural AC. The downside is at 12th level I can only cast 2nd level spells.

Ack decisions, decisions.

Looking over the spells of a Warmage I might just go straight warmage and be either a human or a sprite. Jury is still out on this decision.

Bront

The man with the probe
Albedo said:
Only PERMANENT bonuses like Inherant ones can affect your skill points. a headband does not qualify.
That's what the RAW says, but Harvey just answered someone else differently, so I was asking for clairifcation.

Brain

First Post
Thanee said:
As a spellcaster you are usually better off with no (or very low) LA. :)

Bye
Thanee

I'm not a DM and I actually try to avoid looking in the monster books so that there will be surprises left to find. However, for this game that isn't such a good thing. I'm working on a Wizard/War Weaver and I'm looking for suggestions for a race.

My criteria:
Overall Level Adjustment of 2 or less
Bonus to INT
If there's a flavor tie in to weaving or something then bonus points.

This isn't just for Thanee but for anybody who reads this. I'd appreciate some ideas. Thanks!

Harvey

First Post
Bront said:
Wait, so If I get a headband of Intellect, it gives me more skill points? Is this from 1st level, or only at the level you get it and beyond? (This is clearly different from the rules, so I just want all the clairification)

OK, wow did I totally misread your original post. I thought that you were asking if you bought a headband of intellect, would the increase in the int mod also apply to skills that were based off of int. Ex) if you had an int of 14, and bought a headband of intellect +4, and you had 4 ranks of knowledge (local), your total mod for knowledge (local) would be +8.

Sorry for the confusion, but evidently I was half asleep when I replied to your post :) And thanks to those of you sane enough to give Bront the right answers :)

Bront said:
Here's my Warmind. I have everything done except his psionic abilities, which shouldn't be too hard (He's got 4 powers, not including the one he gets racialy). I might also create the Halfling Mounted Warrior as well, but I like how Coldtac turned out. Hope the background is interesting and usable. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

The background is very cool! I will definitely be using it.

Elocin said:
I would love to get in on this game as well and depending on what the group needs I would either make a Warmage or a cleric of some kind. So far I have seen only fighters or psions made and not sure which I would prefer to go.

Hmmm, might just go Mystic Theruge acually using Warmage/cleric (or cleric like).

What do you think?

Welcome to the group, Elocin! Feel free to build what you like, though pleeeeeease no more psions :) I've never seen a Mystic Theurge in action, so that would be cool...

Thanee said:
A fey from the Underdark.

Yeah, I got to check out the Gloura this weekend. Very cool. Though I have a question: how did you figure your stats? For Racial mods, I have +10 Dex, +4 Con, +2 Wis, +6 Cha. This means spending 2 pts on Str, 10 pts on Dex, 6 pts on Con, 4 pts on Int, 16 pts on Cha, totalling 38 points spent. What am I missing?

devrimk said:
Here is my elf fighter.

Cool. I will peruse when the deadline hits :)

Elocin said:
Looking over the spells of a Warmage I might just go straight warmage and be either a human or a sprite. Jury is still out on this decision.

Thanee definitely has a point... for any spellcaster, a lower LA is better...

Bront

The man with the probe
Harvey said:
OK, wow did I totally misread your original post. I thought that you were asking if you bought a headband of intellect, would the increase in the int mod also apply to skills that were based off of int. Ex) if you had an int of 14, and bought a headband of intellect +4, and you had 4 ranks of knowledge (local), your total mod for knowledge (local) would be +8.
Other than it being only +2 to all int skills with a +4 int, that's always how I've run it and how it's worded in the RAW. The question he asked sounded like he was asking about extra skillpoints, so I wanted clarification. Glad I asked :)

Glad you liked the background. I tried to leave it open so you can take it wherever you want. He may know the truth about how he was recruited, he may not, and his past may or may not be interesting (just because you remember it doesn't make it exciting). I also didn't want to declair him a lance leader or anything, especialy not knowing too much about how they structure leadership. But he's a leader type, and definately a good tactician (which, fortunately, I'm fairly good at that myself, or at least I've been told).

I may still build an alternate or two. Someone was talking about the lack of Spellcasters, and I had an interesting idea for a Druid/Wizard/Geomancer/Mystic Theurge that I might explore. I'll probably build and post that tonight. BTW, anyone know if there's a way to combine familiar and animal companion into one creature?

Dakkareth

First Post
Sorry for the confusion, but evidently I was half asleep when I replied to your post And thanks to those of you sane enough to give Bront the right answers

Good that this is cleared up - because my group houserules this ;). At this stage the skill distribution isn't finalized anyway, so ... I think I might have the definite version ready tomorrow :).

Harvey

First Post
Bront said:
Other than it being only +2 to all int skills with a +4 int, that's always how I've run it and how it's worded in the RAW. The question he asked sounded like he was asking about extra skillpoints, so I wanted clarification. Glad I asked :)

Yeah... just for clarification, 14 int gives +2, headband of intellect +4 gives +2, and 4 ranks gives +4, for a total of +8.

Bront said:
Glad you liked the background. I tried to leave it open so you can take it wherever you want. He may know the truth about how he was recruited, he may not, and his past may or may not be interesting (just because you remember it doesn't make it exciting). I also didn't want to declair him a lance leader or anything, especialy not knowing too much about how they structure leadership. But he's a leader type, and definately a good tactician (which, fortunately, I'm fairly good at that myself, or at least I've been told).

Well, there is definitely going to be a Warchief giving you all orders & mission briefings, but when you're all out in the field, someone needs to guide the group. However, whether or not it's you gets to be decided by the group :)

Basically, the structure is as follows:
Paymasters: the big guys (12 ~ epic level)
Cadre Commanders: decides which recruits get into their cadre, run training, boot camp, etc. (12 ~ 20th level)
Captains: four assigned to a cadre commander. Ideally, a cadre commander can choose anybody as their captain, but because of the rivalries, they almost always choose members of their own cadre. (48 ~ 18-19th level))
Warchiefs: unlike their bosses, captains will try to choose their warchiefs based on diversity and loyalties garnered over past missions. (192 ~ 18th level)

Each warchief runs anywhere from 10 to 20 lances. Each lance can vary in sizze as well.

So, an example tree is:
-- Barak Han, Cadre Commander of the Shield Breakers
---- Prex, Captain of the Shield Breakers
------ Mazan Laz, Warchief of the Crashing Waves
--------- you guys

Bront said:
I may still build an alternate or two. Someone was talking about the lack of Spellcasters, and I had an interesting idea for a Druid/Wizard/Geomancer/Mystic Theurge that I might explore. I'll probably build and post that tonight. BTW, anyone know if there's a way to combine familiar and animal companion into one creature?

Alternates give me more flexibility, which makes it easier for me to pick squads. As for combining familiar and animal companion, can't think of anything (and I've been brushing up on the d20 stuff lately).

Harvey

First Post
Hi all,

I edited my first post. You all have given me way too many characters that are too cool to pass up. Because of this, I've decided to add another lance to the campaign. So I will be running two separate games: Nameless Legion Alpha Lance and Nameless Legion Beta Lance. Though I'd like to change the names to something more D&D like... something like Nameless Legion Archon Lance and Nameless Legion Boccob Lance. Anyone got better names? Archon Lance has grown on me, but Boccob Lance needs work.

This means that I can push and pull characters to fit into either lance. I've got both first missions prepped, so just waiting for more characters. I anyone has preferences for which other characters they'd like to work with, please let me know...

Also, has anyone ever been in any cross-over PbPs? I am wondering how feasible it would be, down the line, for the two lances to team up for a mission (or am I overreaching my grasp? :) )

Remove ads