[Players Chosen] Do You Have What It Takes To Join The Nameless Legion?

Bloodcookie

Explorer
Hey everybody, Harvey,

Glad to see you're looking to accomodate more players! I'd just like to state my desire to join, and submit my character concept; I'll have stats up tomorrow. This one's a bit... unorthodox, but the concept just struck me as oddly appropriate :)

Abacus, rogue Modron Samurai 9/Ronin 1

Abacus is that rarest of beasts: a contented outcast Modron. This is by no means an indication that he [I’ll be using the male pronoun for the sake of simplicity, a concession to human sexism that the Modrons would surely disapprove of] has come to terms with his severance from blissful communion with the remainder of his caste – he simply has no memory of it. In fact, it was his inability to come to terms with his new sense of isolation from, and persecution at the hands of, the rest of his race that drove Abacus to accept the memory removal and protection that only the Nameless Legion could provide.

Back in Regulus, Abacus served as one of the five pentadrones leading a regiment within one of the thirty-six Modron armies. He fulfilled his duties with perfect loyalty, until one day, as inexplicably as every other time it occurs, something went wrong. A conflict occurred between a direct order from the army’s hexton commander, and one relayed by a pentadrone leader of the brigade to which Abacus’s regiment belonged. Abacus instantly found himself aware of the concept of dualism, and realized that one of his superiors must be “wrong.” Abacus probably wouldn’t have been able to maintain the charade of normalcy and hide his rogue status for very long, but the question became moot as he immediately underwent the excruciating physical demotion from pentadrone to the quadrone form shared by all outcast Modrons.

Like a wave upon some Prime world’s sea, recognition of Abacus as a rogue rippled outward through the ranks, and he was hounded to the nearest portal, which, coincidentally, led to one of those worlds. Torn by a painful longing to return to a home where he knew inexorable destruction awaited him, Abacus drew ever nearer to making the suicidal decision to do just that. Then, one day when he was at his lowest, staring blankly at a signpost where two roads met, he was approached by a recruiter for the Legion. He explained to Abacus that he had seen his type before, and told him that he knew a way to not only make Abacus forget his traumatic past, but – and he knew this would entice the Modron – give him a new place to belong.

Abacus has only been part of the legion for a few months, and he still approaches every new experience with the naïveté and analytical curiosity common to Modrons outside Mechanus, but with an unusual… enthusiasm?… that borders on something like happiness. Assigned to the Shield Breakers for lack of anything more appropriate, he has proven himself a sturdy and virtually fearless warrior, but his comrades still have trouble taking him seriously, and often perceive him as less of an equal than their more completely biological counterparts. This, combined with his calculating grasp of tactics, at the cost of any natural intuition, has earned him the designation “the walking abacus,” or, more often, just Abacus. Having not yet grasped the concept of “bigotry,” he takes all of this in stride.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ok, I finally have my lumi fighter done.

Sul Ilumé
Female Lumi Outsider 2/ Fighter 8 (ECL 12)

Medium outsider
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Height: 7' 1''
Weight: 289lbs
Hair: None
Eyes: White
Skin: Glowing white

Str: 18 (+4) [10 points, +2 racial]
Dex: 14 (+2) [4 points, -2 racial, +2 levels, +2 gloves]
Con: 17 (+3) [5 points, +4 racial]
Int: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Wis: 16 (+3) [4 points, +4 racial]
Cha: 11 (+0) [3 points]

Class and Racial Abilities: +2 Str, +4 Con, +4 Wis, -2 Dex, darkvision 60 ft., racial hit dice (2 outsider HD), special attacks (spell like abilities: disrupt undead (DC 10), light at will, cure light wounds, glitterdust (DC 12) 3/day), +2 racial bonus on Search, Sense Motive, and Spot checks, Improved Initiative as a bonus feat, body of light (immune to all death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, and any negative energy effects. Never risk exploding from being on a plain with the positive dominant trait. Sheds white light in a 5 ft. radius at all times.), clear vision (cannot be blinded or dazzled by any effect, specifically immune to color spray, rainbow pattern, searing light, sunbeam, sunburst or other affects that use direct light as an attack form. Sun blades deal only nonlethal damage to a lumi), floating head (opponents flanking a lumi don’t gain the normal +2 bonus on attack rolls. Lumi are immune to the decapitation power of a vorpal weapon. They may not be strangled and are immune to suffocation), outsider traits (can only be returned to life by limited wish, wish, miracle, or true resurrection. Proficient with all simple and martial weapons, all armors and shields. Does not need to eat or sleep.). Fighter bonus feats, proficiency in light, medium, and heavy armor as well as shields, proficiency in simple and martial weapons.

Hit Dice: 2d8+8d10+30
HP: 104
AC: 29 (+2 Dex, +11 armor, +4 shield, +2 deflection)
ACP -3
Init: +6 (+2 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)
Speed: 20 ft. (normally 30ft)

Saves:
Fortitude +14 [+9 base, +3 Con, +2 from cloak]
Reflex +9 [+5 base, +2 Dex, +2 from cloak]
Will +10 [+5 base, +3 Wis, +2 from cloak]

BAB: +10/+5
Melee Atk: +16/+11 (1d8+6/x2/B, +2 adamantine flail)
Melee Atk: +16/+11 (1d6+5/x2/P, +1 spikes on heavy steel shield)
Ranged Atk: +13 (1d6+5//x2/30 ft./P, +1 javelin)

Skills: 50 from outsider Hit Dice;
Balance +1 [4cc ranks, +0 Dex, +2 synergy, -3 ACP]
Concentration +8 [5 ranks, +3 Con]
Craft (crystal carving) +10 [8 ranks, +2 Int]
Diplomacy +7 [5 ranks, +0 Cha, +2 tattoo]
Heal +8 [5 ranks, +3 Wis]
Intimidate +10 [8 ranks, +0 Cha, +2 tattoo]
Jump +9 [6 ranks, +4 Str, +2 synergy, -3 ACP]
Knowledge (local – Positive energy plane) +4 [4cc ranks, +2 Int]
Knowledge (local – Nine Hells) +4 [4cc ranks, +2 Int]
Knowledge (local – Plane of Radiance) +3 [2cc ranks, +2 Int]
Knowledge (the planes) +7 [5 ranks, +2 Int]
Listen +8 [5 ranks, +3 Wis]
Search +7 [5 ranks, +2 Int]
Sense Motive +10 [5 ranks, +3 Wis, +2 synergy]
Spot +8 [5 ranks, +3 Wis]
Tumble +2 [6cc ranks, +0 Dex, +2 synergy, -3 ACP]

Feats:
Improved Initiative (outsider, lumi bonus)
Power Attack (1st level, outsider)
Combat Expertise (fighter bonus 1st level)
Improved Shield Bash (fighter bonus 2nd level)
Shield Charge (ComWar) (3rd level)
Combat Reflexes (fighter bonus 4th level)
Hold the Line (ComWar) (6th level)
Improved Trip (fighter bonus 6th level)
Improved Bull Rush (fighter bonus 8th level)

Languages: Common, Lumi, Celestial, Infernal

Equipment:

+3 mithril full plate – 19,500gp (25 lbs)
+2 mithril heavy +1 spiked steel shield – 7,030gp (10 lbs)
+2 adamantine flail – 11,008gp
Warding Word (ring of protection +2, 8,000gp)
Gloves of Dexterity +2 – 4,000gp
cloak of resistance +2 - 4,000gp
Boots of speed – 12,000gp
Quiver of Ehlonna – 1,800gp
3 +1 javelins – 6,903gp
15 javelins – 15gp
Heward’s handy haversack – 2,000gp
Tattoo of Amity – (free)
Necklace of Adaptation – 9,000gp
4 potions of cure light wounds – 200gp
MW crystal carving tools - 55gp
10 lbs of crystal - 1,000gp
Witch stones set (game) - 5gp
Belt pouch 1gp

Money
148pp, 2gp,

Appearance: Sul is a tall and powerfully-built woman with the typical glowing white skin and hair of her race. Her head is smooth and hairless, and her face has the black tattoo of the Nameless Legion woven across it. She is clad in elegant mithril full plate with a full helm she likes to keep closed during battle. At her side she carries a black flail, and on her arm she bears a gleaming spiked silvery shield. When not in battle, she wears silver clothing and jewelry, cut close to her body.

Personality: Sul smiles at the thought of combat, glad to test her prowess against any who would meet her. She enjoys the breaking of wood, steel, and bone that comes with her own brutal style of combat, and keeps track of her worthy foes. Sul also tests her mind by engaging in games of logic and mental puzzles, keeping her thoughts as limber as her muscles. She tends to greet people with a chilly smile, as if sizing them up while maintaining a pleasant façade. She doesn’t blink, which unnerves some, and keeps her gaze squarely on those that interest her.

Background: Sul grew up fairly normally in the Plane of Positive Energy. Indoctrinated at an early age that those that opposed the lumi were to be killed, Sul never questioned the wisdom of her elders. She was taught the arts of war, and wetted her blade of the blood of liars and thieves at an early age. She went through the ranks quickly, her daring in battle and sheer tenacity rarely allowing a foe to escape. Her superiors remarked upon Sul’s prowess, and gave her the command of a squad that was sent against a roaming group of demons.

Three days later, Sul returned, proud and smiling, clutching a bag full of demon hearts as proof of her kills. No one else came with her. Her elders greeted her with unsmiling faces, their skins dimmed, a sign of profound displeasure and anger. The elder lumi had scryed upon her, to see how she would fare. She found the demons, a large a slightly more powerful group than they had estimated. Her squad engaged them and fought valiantly. However, they were soon overwhelmed and turned to retreat, a logical and perfectly sound move. Sul screamed at them to return to the fight, but they retreated anyway. Sul stayed and slew the remaining demons in a show of impressive martial skill. Then she returned and cut down each of her fellow lumi, calling them cowards, turncoats, and traitors. Their hearts joined the demons’ in the bag.

Her elders did not know where this unnatural bloodlust came from, but they did not care for a repeat performance. Normally Sul would have joined those she killed, but because of her undeniable skill, another punishment was put forth. Sul would join the Nameless Legion. Because her memory would be erased, she would no longer desire revenge upon the lumi, but her people could command a high price from the legion by selling such an accomplished warrior to her. It had been done in the past with other condemned criminals. Sul was taken, kicking and screaming, to the Legion, where her mind was wiped clean of the memories of her former life.

Now Sul’s bloodlust is channeled into the power of the Shield Breakers, a position she finds quite satisfactory. Occasionally she has strange dreams of betrayal, but she tends to dismiss them as vague nightmares. No one would ever want to get rid of her, would they?

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Harvey said:
Yeah, I got to check out the Gloura this weekend. Very cool. Though I have a question: how did you figure your stats? For Racial mods, I have +10 Dex, +4 Con, +2 Wis, +6 Cha. This means spending 2 pts on Str, 10 pts on Dex, 6 pts on Con, 4 pts on Int, 16 pts on Cha, totalling 38 points spent. What am I missing?

Only 10 pts on Cha and both level ups (4th and 8th level) went there.

Bye
Thanee

D20Dazza

Explorer
G'day Harvey,

Pleased to make your acquaintance mate. I'd like to throw my hat in the ring if I may. After reading the intro and the opening post of the RG thread, the first book I grabbed was Heroes of Legion and the Combat Medic immediately caught my attention. Deciding on a race was a different matter though. I'd always wanted to play a Loxo so MM2 was my first stop, decided not to go the ele route though after looking at the ECL. Next up was the Planar Handbook but nope, nothing worked for me, no go, MM3? BINGO - the Nycter. So I think the up shot will be Nycter 5/Cleric 5/Combat Medic 2. I'll have something posted in the next 24 hours for your perusal.

But first a quick question.

Gods? :D

Cheers

Daz

Rino

First Post
Name: Gyre
Class/Level: rogue 5/invisible blade3
Race: Sand Giant
Size: Large
Region: n/a
Alignment: Neutral
Deity: None

Str: 24 +7 ( 0p. +16 racial) XP: 66,000/78,000
Dex: 26 +8 ( 8p.+1 level +10 racial) BAB: +17 HP:
Con: 24 +7 ( 6p. +10 racial) Grapple: +24 Dmg Red: n/a
Int: 20 +5 (13p.+1 level +2 enchantement ) Speed: 40' (burrow 10ft) Wis: 14 +2 ( 0p. +6 racial) Init: +12 Spell Save: n/a
Cha: 15 +2 ( 5p. +2 enchantement +2 racial) ACP: -0 Spell Fail: n/a

Base Armor Shld Dex Size Nat Misc Total
Armor: 10 +0 +0 +8 -1 +11 +7* 35
Touch: 35 Flatfooted: 23
*int bonus + ring

Base Mod Misc Total
Fort: 11 +7 +18
Ref: 12 +8 +20
Will: 7 +2 +2 +11

BaB/grapple: +17/+24
Weapon Attack Damage Critical Range
'flamma' +24 1d4+8+1d10 17-20/x2

'vex' +24 1d4+8+1d10 17-20/x2

both +22/+22 1d4+8+1d10/1d4+8+1d10 17-20/x2

comp. +4str longbow +25(+26) 1d8+4(+1) 20/x3 110ft(30ft)

Languages: Giant, common, dwarven, undercommon, elven, gnone, halfing,

Abilities:
sneak attack +3d6
evasion
trapfinding
trapsense +1
uncannydodge (keep Dex to AC)
dagger sneak attack +2d6 (while using a dagger it stacks)
unfettered defence (int bonus to AC, if no armor worn and not flatgooted)
uncanny fient (move action)
bleeding wound (sac 1d6 sneak a bleeding wound that does 1 dmg/wound/round)

Feats:

giant: 2 weaponfighting
giant: wapenfocus dagger
giant: quickdraw
giant: combat reflexes
giant: point blank
giant: far shot
lvl1: dogde
lvl3: mobility
lvl6: iron will

Skill Points: 229 Max Ranks: 11/6
Skills Ranks Mod Misc Total
Balance 11 +8 +2 +21 (+2 synergy)
Bluff 11 +2 +13
Climb 11 +7 +0 +18
Decipher Script 11 +5 +0 +16
Disable Device 11 +5 +0 +16
Escape Artist 11 +8 +0 +18
Gahter Intel 11 +2 +13
Hide 11 +8 +19
Intimidate 11 +2 +2 +15 (+2 synergy)
Jump 11 +7 +2 +19 (+2 synergy)
move silenlty 11 +8 +19
Swim 11 +7 +0 +18
Search 11 +5 +16
Sense Motive 11 +2 +2 +15
Tumble 11 +8 +2 +21 (+2 synergy)
use magic device 11 +2 +2 +15

Equipment: Cost Weight
'flamma' +1keen flameburst dagger 32302gp 4lb
'vex' +1keen shockingburst dagger 32302gp 4lb
Composite longbow STR +4 800gp 3lb
amulet of cha +2 4000gp
headband of int +2 4000gp
ring of protection +2 8000gp
wand of invisibility 4500gp
wand of moderate wounds 4500gp
potions 5200gp
Tattoo of Amity 0gp

Heward's handy haversack 2000gc
Bedroll 1sp 5lb
Paper x2 8sp -
Pouch, belt x2 2gp 1lb
Rations, trail x7 35sp 7lb
Rope, silk 10gp 5lb
Vial, ink 1gp 0.1lb
Waterskin 1gp 4lb
Everburning torch 100gp 1lb
Climber's kit 80gp 5lb
Traveler's outfit 1gp 5lb
thieve tools mw 100gp
dark mantle 10gp
forest green mantle 10gp

left: 2886gp 6 sp

potions: (labeled)
4x bull's strenght
2x lesser restoration
8x CLW
5x CMW
2x CCW

Money: 1265gp 6sp

Lgt Med Hvy Lift Push
Max Weight: 223lb 466lb 700lb 1400lb 3500lb

Height: 6'6"
Weight: 161lb
Eyes: Green
Hair: Black
Skin: Dark-skinned

background will follow soon

AmorFati

First Post
Rino: You are aware of the Sand Giant's 15 HD in Giant? A Sand Giant without any class levels would be a ECL 19, and we start at 12th...

D20Dazza

Explorer
AmorFati said:
Rino: You are aware of the Sand Giant's 15 HD in Giant? A Sand Giant without any class levels would be a ECL 19, and we start at 12th...
I looked at the Sand Giant myself, worked out the ECL, and threw my hands in the air :D

Remove ads