el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Here are the results so far:
----------------------------------

Radiating Gnome vs. Arcseed - Winner: Radiating Gnome

Joshua Dyal vs. Wicht - Winner: Wicht

Wulf Ratbane vs. Zappo Winner: Wulf Ratbane

--------------------------------------------------------------------

We only have Ninja-jester and Rune to go and the first set of first rounds will be done. . . Ninja said he'd be ready to go any time - so we are just waiting on Rune. . . If he does not come around by 2 pm EST - I will call for an alternate. . .

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Ingredients for Rune & Ninjajester:

sundial
were-bear
drider
ring of elemental command
triptych
butler

It is now 11:33 am EST by my clock - you have 24 hours - normal rules apply.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Re: Wulf vs. Zappo

Wah-hey! That medicine was not so bitter after all!

Thanks, Zappo!
[Bows to his gracious opponent!]

And to Chris Nolan!
[props to Memento inspiration]

(Please pardon the blathering, this is my first Iron DM.)

nemmerle said:
Now Wulf's scenario at first sight looks typical and probably boring - the good ole "hunt for components" stand-by that we have probably all done a million times - but whoa. . . did he do a friggin' good job with it!

Aww, crap, don't tell my players. So far I've kept them sated with the ol' standby: Piles of Dead Bad Guys.

In fact I think if you are going to write an adventure with broad applicability to all sorts of heroes, you need to stick to the Big Three:

1) money/loot
2) curiosity
3) piles of dead bad guys

Those three components can motivate 99% of the adventurers out there. I hope that my Amnesia entry is adaptable to all three.

nemmerle said:
Personally, I think that if Wulf keeps writing scenarios like this he is going to give even masterful Wicht a run for his money. ..

The heck you say! So how's the bracket looking? I don't want to face Wicht!

Wulf

Zappo

Explorer
See Wulf? I told ya not to worry too much about the "find item for mage" quest.

But [dramatic] we'll meet again. [/dramatic]. :D

Wicht

Hero
Joshua Dyal said:
Ah, well. I did expect early elimination going up against him! Congratulations, Wicht!

Thank you. And good job yourself!

And now a couple comments on my entry, since it is judged. Nemm is right as to my 'inspiration' for the Chaos Stone being Warhammer. And likely the fact I have been immersing myself in lovecraft lately (and Brian Lumley) contributed to the madness and the bugs.

I also had about a dozen hooks in mind for the scenario but failed to include them for the sake of brevity. (I will do better) The size of the fire beetle was one. Since the 'normal' fire beetle grows only two feet in length, a gargantuan specimen would surely be worth some money. Also, borrowing from a well used plot device, one of the dead NPC adventurers could be somebody of importance and the PCS might have the job of finding the body. Or a sage might well have discovered the existance of the chaos stone in history and by putting 1 and 1 and 1 together and getting three, the sage might well direct the party to an 'artifact' of power. Of course said artifact is more than useless. It is downright dangerous and a hazard to any that possess it.

As for the dog, I did not mean for it to be a spoiler for the whole adventure. I merely meant to suggest that it could explain the way the first party meant its demise. That is, it could serve as a warning that magic might backfire at the players.

And yes, I forgot to mention how crippled the rogue is. Mentally however I pictured him limping around with a slight twist, a mad leer and a bent leg. Kind of a non-hunchback igor.

Wicht

Hero
Re: Re: Wulf vs. Zappo

Wulf Ratbane said:
The heck you say! So how's the bracket looking? I don't want to face Wicht!

Hey! you are going to make me blush. :D :rolleyes:

Modesty however makes me admit I am as prone to dumb game ideas as the next guy. It all depends on the ingredients. As I cross my fingers for undead in the next round.

It could be worse. Willie Walsh could be playing. I would personally like to see how he does with this.

And for what it is worth I really liked your adventure idea, I could see me using it sometime. Amnesia and subtle plot twists within the scenario make for a good fantasy mystery IMO.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Re: Re: Wulf vs. Zappo

Aww, crap, don't tell my players. So far I've kept them sated with the ol' standby: Piles of Dead Bad Guys.

<Wulf's players go wild in the Iron DM balcony when he wins the first match>

Ack, we know you have it in ya. I just figured you saved it all for the famous Sunday game. :)

Seriously, Iron DM is a fun idea. I'm looking forward to the coming rounds. Us vulgar Americans will try not to get too rowdy up in the balcony. :)

Vaxalon

First Post
Re: I take the challenge...

Vaxalon said:
I'll be more than happy to defend my title later in the week.

What is my status in the competition?

Correct me if I'm wrong, Nemmerle never replied to this?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases