Magic of incarnum

Land Outcast

Explorer
So, from the blurb, what's your opinion?

A blurb for Magic of Incarnum, a future release from WotC, has popped up on Amazon.com. "This supplement introduces a magical substance called incarnum into the D&D game. With this book, the players characters can meld incarnum—the power of souls living, dead, and unborn—into magical items and even their own bodies, granting them special attacks, defenses, and other abilities (much as magic items and spells do). Incarnum can be shaped and reshaped into new forms, giving characters tremendous versatility in the dungeon and on any battlefield. This book also features new classes, prestige classes, feats, and other options for characters wishing to explore the secrets of incarnum, as well as rules and advice for including incarnum in a D&D campaign." This book is written by James Wyatt, Frank Brunner and Stephen Schubert. It is due for release in August.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Iffy....

I'll have to see what Incarnum can add to my game alongside all these crunchy bits. Because just from that, I see no good reason that it should be part of my game. What does it do new?

Land Outcast

Explorer
UPS....

Err...
Ok, nevermind... But, btw my opinion is that, with the information I have, this is just adding toys to the alredy-complete set, like the TV shopping when it is saying "and by 10 bucks more you get an extra [add *useless* because the blade is razor sharp life-long] blade."

I mean do we NEED what this book is offering (I know we would only need the core rulebooks, but I mean: could we get something worth the buy from more Prcs and Feats, and items?).

...I should check the original thread...

Last edited:

Land Outcast said:
I mean do we NEED what this book is offering (I know we would only need the core rulebooks, but I mean: could we get something worth the buy from more Prcs and Feats, and items?).

I'm buying it for the new spellcasting system, assuming that it's well thought out and deep enough to replace the default D&D system. I'm bored of Vancian fire-and-forget spells, and I'm sure others are too.

jokamachi

Explorer
Can't say this one has grabbed my interest; I'm already up to my ears in spells, spellcasting classes, and metamagic, so this book would have to be the end-all be-all of magic before I shell out the money for it.

But then, I suspect it will grab a number of players in light of the inevitable power-creep that seems to come near the end of any given edition.

jokamachi said:
But then, I suspect it will grab a number of players in light of the inevitable power-creep that seems to come near the end of any given edition.

Whoa there pardner! That's an awful lot of unsubstantiated assumptions you're making there.

Knight Otu

First Post
Tarrasque Wrangler said:
Whoa there pardner! That's an awful lot of unsubstantiated assumptions you're making there.
Didn't you hear? Wizards has already, officially, on their website, started the Countdown for Ninth Edition.
Admittedly, for Magic the Gathering, but why pay attention to facts?
;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases