[FR] Only one Regional Feat?

Taloras

First Post
One of my players just pointed this out to me...apparently in the Players Guide to Faerun, it says that a character may only have one regional feat. Does anyone actually use this rule? Id never heard of it, and every group ive played with has allowed more than one regional feat. And why would they limit you to just one?

Thanee

First Post
Of course, just one. You also can only pick them up at 1st level.

Why? Well, it's meant to be a speciality and not overly common.
Also, regional feats are always more powerful than compareable regular feats.

Bye
Thanee

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
What Thanee said.

Of course you're the DM. If you think you can allow a player to have more than one region feat, that's your PoV. Me, one per character/PC is just fine.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
The way home regions and regional feats are handled have changed with 3.5/Player's Guide:

- You don't have to belong to a certain class to get the benefit
- There are no more "racial" and "regional" regions - all regions are now both. So there is, for example an elf (waterdeep) and a human (waterdeep) region, and they have different features.
- Only one regional feat per character, and that has to be chosen at level one. But the regional feats have been improved considerably, and are now stronger than normal feats. Example: Dauntless grants you +5 hp.
- Some feats that were regional feats before are now regular feats (like Daylight Adaptation - which was erraneously labeled as regional feat in PGtF)

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Before they were updated in the Player's Guide to Faerun, you were able to take multiple regional feats, take them at any level, and even take them from other regions if you had "knowledge (Local)" for that region.

With the update to 3.5 in the Player's Guide, they made the regional feats significantly more powerful, and added the current restrictions. I play with the restrictions, as the feats tend to be pretty powerful.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*cheers the fact Caliban and he share the same thread AND the same view on this particular subject*

It must be a blue moon on Toril. ;)

kanithardm

First Post
Some regional feats are too powerful to get more than one, but others just aren't worth it. Also Daylight Adaptation shouldn't be a regional feat. It should require you to have lived on the surface for a cumulative 3-6 years.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases