Shards of Memory-Prologue: Fractured Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Kirkesh:
[SBLOCK]
*Vanessa smiles, feeling safe as Kirkesh squeezes her hand reassuringly.*

"That would be so wonderful, Kirkesh..." she trails off in thought, "But...Sanchez and my bodyguards, they'd never allow it. They want me to stay indoors with a strict guard on the building at all times...I don't know what they're afraid of, but...I was lucky to get them to let me have this quiet dinner alone with you. I had to point out that if you had ever meant anything but kindness for me, you could have easily left me to the mercy of thos thugs..."
[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Kirkesh:
[SBLOCK]
*Vanessa smiles, feeling safe as Kirkesh squeezes her hand reassuringly.*

"That would be so wonderful, Kirkesh..." she trails off in thought, "But...Sanchez and my bodyguards, they'd never allow it. They want me to stay indoors with a strict guard on the building at all times...I don't know what they're afraid of, but...I was lucky to get them to let me have this quiet dinner alone with you. I had to point out that if you had ever meant anything but kindness for me, you could have easily left me to the mercy of thos thugs..."
[/SBLOCK]
[sblock]Kirkesh smiles as he says "I can't blame anyone for wanting to protect a Jewel such as you. They seem a bit overprotective though. It must be stiffling. Is there another reason they have you so heavily guarded? Is there something wrong?" Kirkesh looks concerned for Vanessa's safety. He glances out the door trying to identify her guards, and see where they are.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Kirkesh:
[SBLOCK]
*Vanessa smiles and blushes at Kirkesh's flattery, but then she turns pensive.*

"You're right about the stifling...I don't think there's any real reason, though. They just figure that someone is going to up and decide to kidnap me and demand a queen's ransom or something."

*Kirkesh doesn't see any guards--they must be outside of the restaurant altogether thanks to Vanessa's persuasive efforts.*
[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post
Zaeryn T'Erilan, Male Altanian Arcanist

Rystil Only

[SBLOCK]*Smiling expansively, Zaeryn says*

“That sounds like it would be exhilarating, but you’re right this is not the time or place. Looks like we have time for one more sight before that lunch I promised. What would you like to see next?”

*Zaeryn, holding Valyssa around the small of her back now, leads her to the next destination describing various sights as they see them. After visiting the next major sight, he organizes a picnic from an inn he knows well with a bottle of fine wine (any specific wines you could recommend in a white, means I can change the one on my character too :D ), and takes her to another interesting garden she may not know about to take a leisurely lunch.*[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Kirkesh:
[SBLOCK]
*Vanessa smiles and blushes at Kirkesh's flattery, but then she turns pensive.*

"You're right about the stifling...I don't think there's any real reason, though. They just figure that someone is going to up and decide to kidnap me and demand a queen's ransom or something."

*Kirkesh doesn't see any guards--they must be outside of the restaurant altogether thanks to Vanessa's persuasive efforts.*
[/SBLOCK]
Rystil: [sblock]"Well, you have to do what you can to experience life to it's fullest." Kirkesh says as he pours her and himself a small glass of the applewine. "Here, give this a try. I'm sure it will be to your liking. Reminds me of a quiet evening laying on a hill, watching the sun set over the trees on Amarathia."

Kirkesh ponders if perhaps there were perhaps other ways out of the restraunt. Vanessa deserves to have at least one night out on the town, and surely he could protect her if someone had ill intent. He could send a note to her guards letting them know where they were afterwards, for he wouldn't want to provoke them too much. Depends on how the evening goes.[/sblock]

DrZombie

First Post
RA:

[sblock]
Hmm. Mus be one o' dem groopiez I've heard aboot. Dey meybe wanna meet a big guy. He chuckles to himself at the unlikely thought. Still, he's intrigued. He carefully folds the letter, sniffs it again, then puts it away in his belt.
He makes his way through the bowels of the arena, and stops at an oaken door.
"Azis? Azis, you in dere? You gonna open da door or do you want me to open it?"
The quick sliding of bolts brings another chuckle to his lips, as he recals the last time he was in a hurry and didn't realise the door was bolted untill he heard the sound of splintering wood. Still, it did make for a nice shield the next day in the arena.
"Azis, here, reed dis for me. I recon it's one of them groopiez you told me aboot."
He watches carefully as the eunuch engages in the mystical art of reading.

[/sblock]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Yotsu Yuriko, Martial Artist

*Rystil Only*[SBLOCK]
Ayame said:
"I'm off to meet Sasuke for the tail-end of his most recent mission. If all goes well, I will be back home before you and ready to hear the tales of your great success and what you have discovered."
"Ayame-san, may the end of your mission find you safe and satisfied, and please give Sasuke my regards as well," Yuriko replied.

*Yuriko smiled a true smile, happy and blessed that she had managed such a kind teacher. She hoped that she would be worthy of that simple gift. She quickly gathered all of her worldly possessions and packed them in her traveling bag. Yuriko finished, or rather started, her morning rituals, preparing herself for the new day ahead. Speaking of blessings and rituals, Yuriko sat in the lotus position in front of her small shrine to her family and the fortunes. After speaking words of thanks and well-wishing into the afterlife, Yuriko cleared her mind and meditated, cleansing her spirit and preparing herself for her journey. She waited to see if the ancestors had any words of wisdom . . . *

OOC: What does Yuriko know of Ayame and Sasuke, their skills and talents?[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Zaeryn:
[SBLOCK]
*Valyssa mentions wanting to see the evershifting statue that changes into different animals, so the two head off to see it, as Zaeryn holds Valyssa close and she, in turn, presses up against him gently. Then he takes her to the Laraythian Gardens, where the flowers hum sweet music, and sets up the picnic for her as she giggles with delight and gives him a quick kiss on the cheek.*
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Kirkesh:
[SBLOCK]
*Vanessa takes a sip and smiles delightedly.*

"Mmmm...this is delicious Kirkesh!"

*Kirkesh thinks quickly about the layout of the restaurant and remembers a back door as well as windows that could be used for egress. Of course, Vanessa's guards may be guarding any of those for unwanted entrances.*
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Gaius:
[SBLOCK]
(OOC: This is all in Vulgar Praetorian, so I'll assume Gaius had that language instead of Tralg as a child)

*Azellius gives a small smile as the tall man, unused to looking up to anyone else on Gyaros, cranes his neck to meet the Tralg's gaze.*

"At least you didn't break the door this time, eh big guy? Now lessee, groupies...groupies...I doubt it but lemme see..." he runs his finger along the fine paper, little nibble missing out of the corner and all, and then reads through the flowing script, and as he does he begins to chuckle, shaking his head as he does so.
[/SBLOCK]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases