Shards of Memory-Prologue: Fractured Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Yuriko:
[SBLOCK]
"Let's see. We won't have any contact until you return because some of the Dolathi you may be dealing with are...very competent. It could jeapordise your mission. The mission will simply last until you return. You needn't report to anyone until then--you have earned our trust to work on your own as you see fit. As for your monk background...we haven't told them who we are sending, so feel free to either use your own background or have us make one for you--we just need to make sure to cross the i's and dot the t's or they will notice. These won't be easy dupes--this will require the best. And I know you can do it."
[/SBLOCK]

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Rystil:

[sblock]
"And you as well. You look at least twice as beautiful as last time I saw you, which is entirely possible based on how quick of a study you were at form-manipulation and all things arcane. What brings you back home to our fair city, Talia? Did you find out anything wonderful about magic on your journeys to the stars?"

Talia flushed at his words, clearly pleased by the compliments. Suddenly, she was glad that she had decided to wear one of her nicer traveling outfits: a pair of tan breeches and a violet shirt that brought out her eyes.

"Actually, Subterfuge, I was just visiting Eldiz briefly between trips. I just spent some time Chuliit, but I am not yet certain where my next destination will be."[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Talia:
[SBLOCK]
"Oh, really? Say, that's great! I just heard of a phenomenon from one of our exploration teams that I think will be right up your alley!" he smiles brightly, but then he looks a bit embarrassed and continues.

"Say...can I, uhh, buy you a drink or something?" Subterfuge asks, a bit shyly.
[/SBLOCK]

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Rystil:

[sblock]"Really? I cannot wait to hear about it, then," Talia replied. She raised an eyebrow at his apparent embarrassment, then smiled, finding his shyness to be adorable.

"Certainly!" She lightly took his arm. "Lead the way!"[/sblock]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Yotsu Yuriko, Martial Artist

*Rystil Only*[SBLOCK]
Ayame said:
". . . --we just need to make sure to cross the i's and dot the t's or they will notice. These won't be easy dupes--this will require the best. And I know you can do it."
"I would use my own background then," Yuriko explained. "I have kept up appearances with the monks of the order, as you know. I still know some of the brothers names and details. I guess the only unanswered question would be what supplies I should bring along on the mission."

"Oh, also, should I visit the monks and start from there, or will that not be necessary?"
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Talia:
[SBLOCK]
*Subterfuge smiles as Talia takes his arm, and he leads her to a nice cafe in the Festive Ward.*

*A smiling waitress comes up to the two and asks:*

"Now then, what would you like to drink?"
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Yuriko:
[SBLOCK]
*Ayame smiles.*

"Yes, it would be excellent if you went to the order and began from there--I was counting on this. It will really throw them off. As for supplies, what would you like to bring? I would lend you some invokable Ninjutsu spells, but they would give you away, I think. I think the key here will to be to act as a normal Martial Artist and to do nothing suspicious so that there will be no reason to be caught...and of course, if your companions come to like you and trust you with their lives, that will always be to your advantage if something happens."
[/SBLOCK]

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Rystil:

[sblock]
"Hmm.." she pauses a moment to consider her options. The day seemed too warm for coffee, and she did not want anything too strong; she wanted to keep her senses about her, to hear what Subterfuge has to say. "Just some white wine, please." She watches him out of the corner of her eye, curious as to what he would order.[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Kirkesh:
[SBLOCK]
*Vanessa seems glad to see Kirkesh, and it seems like she wants to get to know him better. She is just delighted that he went to the trouble of buying her a gift, and she wants to see what it is.*
[/SBLOCK]
GM [sblock]"Go ahead, open it." Kirkesh smiles. He thinks to himself 'Ahh, the simple pleasures of life. Yearning to know someone, feeling appreciated, an exciting touch, this is what makes life worth living.'[/sblock]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Yotsu Yuriko, Martial Artist

*Rystil Only*[SBLOCK]
Rystil Arden said:
"Yes, it would be excellent if you went to the order and began from there--I was counting on this. It will really throw them off. As for supplies, what would you like to bring? I would lend you some invokable Ninjutsu spells, but they would give you away, I think. I think the key here will to be to act as a normal Martial Artist and to do nothing suspicious so that there will be no reason to be caught...and of course, if your companions come to like you and trust you with their lives, that will always be to your advantage if something happens."
*Yuriko looked uncomfortable for a moment or two, eyes downcast somewhat . . . thoughts definitely dancing through her head.*

"Ayame-sama, I am still having trouble lying to people, I think you know this," Yuriko admitted. "Whether it is a lack of presense on my part or some tell that I have . . . any assistance in this regard would be more helpful. The circlet you so kindly gave me some time ago has improved my reactions with others . . . I notice it working at times. Also, other than my daisho, I haven't many martial artist style items . . . or any healing items that I could readily admit to. I thank you again for the honor to be a part of such a mission, Ayame-sama, I will do everything in my power not to disappoint the order . . . or you.[/SBLOCK]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads