Shards of Memory-Prologue: Fractured Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Kirkesh:
[SBLOCK]
*As Kirkesh touches her to position the corsage and the ribbon, Vanessa flushes slightly, her ruby lips smiling at the Swashbuckler's meticulous effort and even moreso at his compliments.*

"Why thank you, Kirkesh! You are very charming, a perfect gentleman!"

*She leans over and kisses his cheek.*

"You are very gallant, but if you don't mind, let us forgo the formalities and speak as friends, as I would like us to be...so if I am not being too forward, from now on, would you ignore my status and treat me as you would any other friend?"
[/SBLOCK]
GM: [sblock]Kirkesh smiles at the kiss and then returns to his seat. "Well, a fine lady such as yourself deserves to be treated as royalty no matter what her status, but if you insist Vanessa."

"If you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to track me down? When I perform my 'comunity service' as it were, I generaly don't try to leave any calling cards. You must have gone through great lengths to find me." Kirkesh emphasizes his appreciation at being found, smiling and gazing into her eyes as he speaks.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Zaeryn:
[SBLOCK]
*Valyssa munches gently on her fruit as she walks, leaning in close to Zaeryn.*

"Oh, I'm only here for a little while longer...my friend Alyria, a fellow graduate of the Avani Academy is going to...Hey! I just had a great idea! Zaeryn, you've been so kind to me and showed me all these wonderful things in Erilan at the drop of a hat like a perfect gentleman. It would make me feel so good if I could grant your wish for you too! Remember how you told me you were looking up at the stars? Well...me too--its something else we have in common. My friend Alyria is going to come and fly me away on her Spelljamming ship to Eldiz, where we'll soar through the stars and see the beauties of all the cosmos--want to come along, just the three of us?"
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Kirkesh:
[SBLOCK]
Well, a fine lady such as yourself deserves to be treated as royalty no matter what her status
*Vanessa blushes.*

"That is so very kind of you Kirkesh! But sometimes, I get tired of people staying distant but polite and want someone near me who can talk to me like I'm a normal girl...I've remembered your carefree laugh from the night you rescued me for all this time, and I just knew that you would be able to be spontaneous and kind with me..."

"If you don't mind me asking, how did you manage to track me down? When I perform my 'comunity service' as it were, I generaly don't try to leave any calling cards. You must have gone through great lengths to find me..."

"I owe a lot of that to my wonderful servant Sanchez. He served my father too when he was younger, and he has always been very willing to help me, even when I ask something so difficult. I had him ask around among girls whom you had saved until he uncovered your pseudonym, 'The Protector of the Night'--how sweet of you to be so kind!--and then he asked around for a while, but he lost track of you for quite a bit and gotno further ahead. All of a sudden, though, while we were visiting Eldiz, he ran across a few sailors who recognised you from the description of your personality and your sleek well-muscled body with the piercing blue eyes...And now we're both here!" she finishes
[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post
Zaeryn T'Erilan, Male Altanian Arcanist

Rystil Only

[SBLOCK]Utterly delighted with this turn of events Zaeryn replies, “That’s wonderful, I’ll get to explore the cosmos and spend more time with you. Alyria won’t mind will she?”[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Yotsu Yuriko, Martial Artist

*Rystil only*[SBLOCK]
Ayame said:
"It will be alright Yuriko. I know you can do it, little one. The best way to handle it is to just not lie--that is the skill of the master ninja. Let it be the truth that you show and everyone your strength of spirit and honour and they will not question that you are what you seem. But...you're right...I can't just leave you out there alone...Here. Wear it around your neck, close to your heart, as I did, and think of me. While it stays near your heart, it will fill you with warmth and love and help make your personality feel stronger when addressing others, as if you had me there to help bolster your confidence. As for healing, I'll send you five healing potions, which should hopefully be enough. We don't anticipate massive bloodshed or anything like that...Is there anything else you need, Yuriko?"
*Yuriko returned the affection honestly, for she truly didn't feel comfortable any other way. She followed the ritual of refusal (i.e. refuse two times to ensure the gift was truly meant) only if Ayame expected such a thing. Regardless, at the end, Yuriko finished with . . .*

"I will practice the skill of makoto . . . of sincerity, Ayame-sama, I will try to learn the art of saying words that will be believed. Likewise, I am honored, Ayame-san, for the wonderful locket, I will wear it proudly until my safe return to you," Yuriko replied while easing the locket chain around and under her shoulder length black hair. She tucked the locket against her skin as instructed, pressing against her chest over her kimono and the locket. "I have no more questions at the moment and will prepare for my journey to the monastery in sufficient time for whenever I am to depart."[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Zaeryn:
[SBLOCK]
"Oh, of course not!" Valyssa replies, "Alyria is a real sweetie, but sometimes I thinks she gets lonely out there without someone from home to whom to talk--she'll be glad to have more company! She was going to fly me around a bit and then take me to Eldiz, the big city in the middle of all the Known Spheres where dreams are real and all kinds of weird people live, like the Dolathi who can change their shape all the time. Alyria says that the best way to learn is to go off and explore Eldiz all alone, and that's her plan for me...but...well, I guess you know how bad I am with directions. It'll be wonderful to have someone special with me so we can get lost together!"
[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Kirkesh:
[SBLOCK]

*Vanessa blushes.*

"That is so very kind of you Kirkesh! But sometimes, I get tired of people staying distant but polite and want someone near me who can talk to me like I'm a normal girl...I've remembered your carefree laugh from the night you rescued me for all this time, and I just knew that you would be able to be spontaneous and kind with me..."

"I owe a lot of that to my wonderful servant Sanchez. He served my father too when he was younger, and he has always been very willing to help me, even when I ask something so difficult. I had him ask around among girls whom you had saved until he uncovered your pseudonym, 'The Protector of the Night'--how sweet of you to be so kind!--and then he asked around for a while, but he lost track of you for quite a bit and gotno further ahead. All of a sudden, though, while we were visiting Eldiz, he ran across a few sailors who recognised you from the description of your personality and your sleek well-muscled body with the piercing blue eyes...And now we're both here!" she finishes
[/SBLOCK]
Rysti: [sblock]"Well, I'm flattered that you came to seek me out, and I'm sorry you've had trouble finding someone to see through your title to the real woman underneath, for those poor men don't know what they're missing." Kirkesh summons the waiter, and orders a bottle of an obscure but high quality amarathian applewine he knows from his days on Amarathia (If this doesn't work, replace with other planet and/or fine wine/beverage) and asks him to also bring a Harmonian Sonic Replicator. He makes sure to ask "Do you want anything else Vanessa?"[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Yuriko:
[SBLOCK]
*Ayame smiles warmly at Yuriko.*

"I know you will make us proud, Yuriko. Take as much time as you need to prepare, and then head for the monastery. The rest will be made known to you shortly."

*As Yuriko gets up and begins to get busy with preparation, she does not notice as a small tear of pride falls from the odd lavender-haired Larakese woman's small, pretty dark eye.*

"Be safe, child."
[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Kirkesh:
[SBLOCK]
"A bottle of fine Rowaini champagne for me please," Vanessa asks the waiter politely, and he bows and heads out to prepare the two drinks and bring a Sonic Replicator.

"I know, I should try something a bit more exotic," Vanessa admits when the waiter has gone, "But despite my title, I'm just a simple Rowaini girl at heart, and I'm really quite overwhelmed by everything here in this big city, so I figured I would just go for something familiar."
[/SBLOCK]

unleashed

First Post
Zaeryn T'Erilan, Male Altanian Arcanist

Rystil Only

[SBLOCK]“Oh, I think I’m already well and truely lost,” Zaeryn laughs, “But I’d love to explore Eldiz with you.”[/SBLOCK]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads