multi-class fighter bonus feats

Space monkey

First Post
I am a rogue and want to be a fighter rogue At 2nd level I'll take a 1st level of fighter. I understand everthing else egcept... Do I get the fighter's bonus feat?

I know that I only get reguler feats every 3 levels but what about the fighter bonus feats.

They get one at 1st level one at second level.

so would it work like this or am I wrong?

1CL)rog1 = 1 feat
2CL)rog1/ftr1 =1 feat one bonus Ftr feat
3CL)rog1/ftr2 =2feat 2 bonus ftr feats

And the forth level would not up any feats.

I would like to know if this is right, wrong, or crazzy?

Jhamin

First Post
You understand it correctly. You get the bonus feats at the levels listed. They are considered a class feature and are gained normally when leveling.

In fact, those bonus feats are the primary reason many people multiclass into fighter at all.

Space monkey

First Post
Jhamin said:
In fact, those bonus feats are the primary reason many people multiclass into fighter at all.

Understood. two levels of fighter and If my DM allows me to be a stronghart halfling in FR. then by third level I have 5 feats and can go back to gaining my thieving levels.

This sounds like fun.

Krelios

First Post
Just remember that those two fighter bonus feats have to come from the fighter bonus feats list--they can't be just any feat. It's not much of a restriction, but be aware of it if you're hoping to use some of the newer feats from the Complete series.

irdeggman

First Post
I'm having trouble reading the table you made.

1st CL (Rogue 1) - get 1 feat
2nd CL (Rogue 1/ Fighter 2) - get 1 feat from fighter list
3rd level (rogue 1/ Fighter 2) - get 1 feat, and another feat from the fighter list.

Total feats at 3rd CL are 4 feats, 2 of which must be from the fighter list.

Now if human - you'd also get another feat at 1st level - total of 5 feats, 2 of which must be from the fighter list.

Space monkey

First Post
Yep thats what I said, however in forgotten realms There is Strong hart haflings or hin. and they get an Addional feat at first level like humans, but they don't get the haflings bonus +1 to saves.

Remove ads