10th-level damage optimization - have I missed anything?

El Rico D

First Post
Will be playing in a short multi-session campaign, and liked the idea of the Frenzied Berzerker, for high damage output. However, he does need to survive more than one encounter. Since there's no hope for decent AC, I'm counting on just killing my opponents before they can whittle me down. Most opponents will be Sorcerers or Evil Outsiders

Have I missed anything, or illegalized myself accidentally?

Human Fighter8/Barbarian1/FrenziedBerzerker1
Stats (including magic)
Str 20(22), Dex 14, Con 15(17), Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 11
HD: 7d10+2d12+40 (111hp)
Mv: 50'

Ftr1 Power Attack, Improved Sunder, Cleave
Ftr2 Improved Bull Rush
Bar1 Intimidating Rage
Ftr3
Ftr4 Destructive Rage
Ftr5 Shock Trooper
Ftr6 Combat Brute
Ftr7
FrBzkr1 Leap Attack
Ftr8 Reckless Offense

Equipment: Boots Striding/Springing, Armbands of Might (Complete Adventurer), +2 Str gloves, +2 Con belt, Adamantine +1 Keen Magebane Greatsword, Cloak of Resistance +3

Skills: Jump +26 (13 ranks+22Str+ring+armbands), Ride +17, Listen +7, Handle Animal +9, Intimidate +13

AC: 12, but will drop to the negatives using Shock Trooper/Power Attack

Tactics: Close to melee with a charge that includes at least 10' Jump. Even without a running start, it's only a DC 20, so as long as I'm 10' away from one opponent, should be OK

Rage, Frenzy, and Power Attack for 10.

Attack Roll: +10 (BAB) + 11 (32 Str) +1 (Sword) +2 (Charge) +2 (Reckless Offense) = +26. Shock Trooper moves the -10 penalty to AC
Damage: 2d6 (Greatsword) + 30 (PA and Leap Attack) + 16 (32 Str) +2 (Armbands) = 2d6+48

Second round, thanks to Combat Brute, should be able to
Attack: +24/+24/+19 (everything but charge bonus, but full attack)
Damage: 2d6+48

I would now like your advice, please.

[Edit: forgot Reckless Offense in first draft]

Last edited:

El Rico D

First Post
CGoat said:
what if all the sorcerers take dominate person and make you attack your friends :p

Well, that's why I'm only doing it in a short-term game. :)

Also why I took the Cloak of Resistance. I would have taken Iron Will, but all my Feats were spoken for.

Shallown

First Post
I personally would dump intimidating rage and get iron will instead unless youneed it for some reason. I know its a free action and works at range and last as long as you rage but it doesn't have that much of an effect since it lowers the bad guys numbers but to be honest they are still gonna hit you regardless inmost cases.

I would also have a falchion instead of a great sword. Trading off that 1-2 points on average damage for the increased crits will make a significant difference.

just a few ideas.

BTW love those arm bands of might... very popular in our group for the fighters.

later

El Rico D

First Post
Shallown said:
I personally would dump intimidating rage and get iron will instead unless youneed it for some reason. I know its a free action and works at range and last as long as you rage but it doesn't have that much of an effect since it lowers the bad guys numbers but to be honest they are still gonna hit you regardless inmost cases.

I would also have a falchion instead of a great sword. Trading off that 1-2 points on average damage for the increased crits will make a significant difference.

just a few ideas.

BTW love those arm bands of might... very popular in our group for the fighters.

later

Intimidating Rage is a prereq for Frenzied Berzerker.

Falchion. Hmm. 2d6/19-20x2 versus 2d4/18-20x2? With the Keen, that'll be 15-20, but the Reach means I'll have to be 15' away from my opponent instead of 10'.

And the d6 vs 2d6 is irrelevant, when you're adding 48.

Good idea. Falchion it is!

IcyCool

First Post
El Rico D said:
Falchion. Hmm. 2d6/19-20x2 versus 2d4/18-20x2? With the Keen, that'll be 15-20, but the Reach means I'll have to be 15' away from my opponent instead of 10'.

Reach? A falchion doesn't grant reach. It's just a greatsword that does 2d4/18-20x2 instead of 2d6/19-20x2.

mzsylver

Explorer
Staggering Strike

You may want to consider taking one level of Rogue and Staggering Strike. If the opponent can't full attack you, you win!

Endur

First Post
The much more survivable version. Deathless Frenzy means you don't die. Higher AC means you get hit less when you charge. Frenzy 2/day. Rage 2/day. Two fights instead of one in your build. Supreme Cleave and Great Cleave means many, many foes will fall. Also when you hit Frenzied Berserker5, you get Improved Power Attack (which is better than Leap Attack) and as FB10 you get Supreme Power Attack (which is awesome). Not to mention the extra skill points and hit points you get.

Also, your build has a major weakness ... what if your enemy charges you? This build doesn't have that weakness.

Human Barbarian6/FrenziedBerzerker4
Stats (including magic)
Str 20(22), Dex 14, Con 15(17), Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 11
HD: 10d12+30 (?hp)
Mv: 50'

Bar1 Power Attack, Cleave
Bar2
Bar3 Intimidating Rage
Bar4
Bar5
Bar6 Destructive Rage
FB1
FB2
FB3 Great Cleave
FB4

Equipment: Boots Striding/Springing, Armbands of Might (Complete Adventurer), +2 Str gloves, +2 Con belt, Adamantine +1 Keen Magebane Greatsword, Cloak of Resistance +3
How about a Mithral Breastplate +1?

Skills (more skill points): Jump +26 (13 ranks+22Str+ring+armbands), Ride +17, Listen +13, Handle Animal +9, Intimidate +13

AC: 18

Tactics: Crush your enemies, Drive them before you, and Listen to the Lamentations of their women.

Rage, Frenzy, and Power Attack for 10.

Attack Roll: +10 (BAB) + 11 (32 Str) +1 (Sword) +2 (Charge) -10 PA= +14.
Damage: 2d6 (Greatsword) + 20 (PA) + 16 (32 Str) +2 (Armbands) = 2d6+38

Second round:
Attack: +12/12/+9
Damage: 2d6+38

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases