Eberron: Forging Fury [Full and Live]

Kerrz

First Post
Ladies and Gents. I may or may not be incommunicado this weekend. I'll figure it out later. If I don't post, you'll figure out what happened.

North/Shaggyspellsword, we're waiting for your actions in combat.

Bront

The man with the probe
Kerrz [sblock]2 things
1) Tenor is becoming a bit disillusioned with the us vs them attitude of some of his companions, particularly this particular encounter, where instead of offering quarter or trying for a peacefull halt, they ripped the guy to pieces. He honestly never felt comfortable with some of his companions in the first place.

2) I'm unfortunately looking to cut back a bit in my PbP games, having a few other responsabilities that are coming up, here and given #1, I'm thinking this one might be good. I'd like to find a plesant way to remove him, without killing him preferably, and appologize profusely for neading to leave.

FYI - I've already halted a game I was about to start, and am probably droping another 2, a third is about ready to finish, and one of the games I'm running should be over in about a month. You're not exclusive in this.

Let me know how we can best deal with this. I'll keep playing till we can work out a good way to handle things.[/sblock]

Kerrz

First Post
Bront:
[sblock]Tenor can be thrown from the train if you guys don't kill the Soldier this round. It won't kill him, and he can come back later.

However, if that doesn't pan out, then perhaps afterwards Tenor can make a dramatic "It wasn't worth it! These men died for NOTHING! And we're going to go kill more men... all for NOTHING!" sort of speech, then go find another seat on the train and disappear.

Your choice. We all know what I'd rather do though. Throw momma from the train!

It was good gaming with you, hopefully your schedule will lighten and we can have Tenor make a triumphant return!

Hopefully the rest of the party survives that long without you.[/sblock]

Kerrz

First Post
Err. It appears that the next combat round is solving our problems for us. Tenor just got critted for 23 damage.

I actually had originally planned to attack North, but if one of the characters has to die because of the way the dice came up, then I'd rather lose the one that isn't being played anymore.

Bront

The man with the probe
Ouch, well, glad I could take one for the team then.

I'll keep reading here, and perhaps when things lighten up, I can make a return appearance. (or perhaps Tenor returns from the dead, muhaha!) ;)

It's been fun guys, but I need to cut down my PbPs a bit, and amazingly, this became quite convenient. Enjoy, and I'm sure I'll still see you all around the boards (I'm not droping them all, just a few).

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Kerrz]Ouch, I was going to suggest a potential back in later if/when things clear up, given my connections to the house that perhaps they might have me raised, but I don't think that works if they cut off the soul mark. Oh well, either I bring him back, or I don't. Still was fun, particularly the death scene :)

I'll still be watching.[/sblock]

Primus

First Post
Actually, it does still work. The soul mark isn't so much a receptacle for the soul as an expression of it. Its like a fingerprint, damage it or remove it and it'll grow back when magical healing is applied. The relevant text is:
While someone could gouge away the symbol, the ghulra is a part of the warforged in a way nobody truly understands; when someone uses repair or cure spells on the warforged, a damaged ghulra is restored to its original shape. While it cannot be permanently destroyed, a warforged can cover its ghulra or may choose to use Disguise to place a false mark over its real one.

Remove ads