What are you? Powergamer or role-player?

What are you?

• Powergamer

Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Roleplayer

Votes: 18 14.4%
  • A little of both

Votes: 89 71.2%

Eternalknight

First Post
How would you describe yourself? Please, no derogatory words to one group or the other :) Let's all just get along.

Powergamer: One who likes to have his/her stats as high as humanly (or elfinly, dwarfenly... you get the idea) possible and a +5 vorpal flaming holy longsword is mearly a toothpick. The more the better!!!

Role-player: One who likes to make up a detailed background for his/her character, and who plays his character as if it was a real person, with strengths, flaws etc.

A little of both: self-explanitory.

Forsaken One

First Post
I guess I'm both, I make may character the best I can by setting a goal for a prestige class then role play the character as I think he/she would be like.
Make's for a fun campaign.

Hejdun

First Post
Well, let's just say that this quote basically sums me up:

They looked at armor of command and went "w00+!! That'll fit perfectly with my two levels of paladin and cloak of charisma!"

Well, not exactly. I mean, I don't say "w00+!!" And technically, I don't have the cloak of charisma YET. And I have FOUR levels of paladin....

Yeah yeah, stop staring. I'm a powergamer at heart.

Mantra

First Post
Definitely a role-player. Stats and +5 vorpal flaming holy longswords are just a means to a end in helping me define and develop the character further.

Last edited:

mzsylver

Explorer
at heart im a roleplayer and i usually make up indepth backgrounds/personalities for all my pcs... and i usually take con as a dump stat (along with wisdom - bah! i dont need wisdom in real life OR in game!)

however, evil grin, in my spare time i often try to make up messed up ridiculous power combinations... i never end up playing them though :confused:

Ilen

First Post
I'm a bit of both. I like a character with at least some use in combat so I will twist the numbers as much as I can where it concerns my character concept. But the concept is rather important and I've taken less then optimal feats and weapon choices to keep the concept alive and kicking.

Remove ads