[D20 CoC] Beyond the Mountains of Madness Campaign - Recruiting Alternate Players

jdeleski

First Post
Starkweather's response to your application, Eabhu, is an exception where you are free to roleplay further even though you do not yet have a character sheet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As an aside, let me take a moment to mention that I am liberally plagiarizing from a variety of sources to make this campaign the best possible, and to do so in my limited amount of time. I am hardly a creative genious, but I am someone who can weave threads together fairly well. Where appropriate, I will mention in this OOC thread some of my sources (but won't provide too much information...).

The letters from Starkweather are derived from the work of a Keeper name Smithy who ran a BMoM campaign some time ago. Fortunately for me, he archived his writings. :cool:

----------------------------------------------------
Job (the tortured one).

Last edited:

eabha

First Post
Annie should have gone with her original instincts and not identified her gender in her letter. Just Dr. A. K. Mahoney.

Well... we'll just see about this cantankerous old bastard.

Now, I just heard late last night that my grandmother passed away and I will be attending her funeral (out of province...actually, out of country) on Friday or Saturday. I should be away from the computer for just one of those days, though. I'll let you know which one as soon as arrangements are made.

As for the character sheet...well, I have studied the others up in the Rogues Gallery and I have an idea what I'm doing. There will be more questions later this morning. I can create the actual sheet after 4pm today once the work day is over.

Here's hoping ol' Starkweather listens to reason.

eabha

First Post
The Shaman said:
Maybe if she sweet-talks the crusty old boy a bit? :\
Annie is actually torn between sweet-talking and just barging into his office (or wherever) and letting him have it. :)

Bobitron

Explorer
jdeleski said:
Bobitron,

I enjoyed reading through your character sheet and have a few areas that need tweaking.

- HP = 30 (9 at first level and 7 for each level thereafter)

- Flat footed AC = 10 (dex bonus and defensive bonus are negated at the start of a battle)

- Sanity = 70 (Wisdom X 5); thus 20% Sanity = 14

All fixed. I did decide to age Vittorio up to 55, but left his stats as is by shuffling some points around.

jdeleski said:
- This may not require a change unless you decide to adjust things. Your skillset did not include a few skills from the full list, including Open Lock, Pilot, and Repair. I only mention these 3 skills in particular because they are ones that somewhat fit Vittorio's profile, but there are others that are also not on your list. For the full list, compare against the sample character sheet for Dayton Williams.

- As a general note (but not anything you need to change), in the sample sheet for Dayton Williams I've only added "trained" or "untrained" next to certain skills where a character cannot use it unless they have trained in it (that is, where they've allocated skill point to add ranks in that skill). A character is able to use all of the other skills in that list (i.e. those that are not tagged as either "trained" or "untrained") without any training at all.

- Your character may add 3 more languages thanks to his +4 intelligence bonus (i.e. native language +4 others = 5 known).

Hmm. That's what I get for using a template without the same skills. I grabbed the Shaman's skill list and missed those ones. I switched two skills; dropping Spot and Search to take Repair and Open Lock. I hope that doesn't bite me in the butt later...

I dropped all my 'untrained' tags, I understand what you mean now.

Added French, Spanish, and Latin.

jdeleski said:
- I did not see any stats for your starting savings and income (D20 CoC manual pg 15). Your highly educated character would gain +2 for his profession modifier as a technician, therefore his starting money = (1d6+2) X $2,000. His average starting salary would therefore be about $11,000 (i.e. (3.5 + 2) X $2K). His average starting income would be (1d6+2) X $1,000 = $5,500. If you'd like to use these numbers, I'm OK with that. If you believe that your character would have a higher savings or income based on his background, then let the negotiations begin! *laughs*

If you accept these numbers, you probably should adjust your savings left.

Adjusted down to $5500. I'll be honest, it is FAR more money than I know what to do with. If I was in 1933, I would obviously buy an Alfa Romeo 6C 1750 GS Touring Spyder, but no need for that on the plains of ice, is there? ;)

jdeleski said:
Having someone roleplay an elder stateman would be VERY fun!

I will go in and adjust the letter to reflect Vittorio partaking in Harriman's Expedition in 1899. Shouldn't take me too long, so if you can go back in and edit yours to reflect my changes in a bit I appreciate it. Sorry for the extra work. :eek:

Bobitron

Explorer
eabha said:
Annie is actually torn between sweet-talking and just barging into his office (or wherever) and letting him have it. :)

Maybe you could stow away on the ship, popping out when we arrive? That'll show the old bastard.

jdeleski

First Post
eabha said:

I can certainly sympathize with your character's desires, and would love to provide you with some fun ideas, but cannot comment. :cool: Whenever Annie is ready (and whenever you manage to work around your real life issues), be sure to post her official thoughts and actions in the IC thread.

---------------------------------------------
Job (the tortured one).

The Shaman

First Post
eabha said:
Can you give Paco a chance to catch a boat to New York first? I'd like to see that! ;)

Speaking of...I can't find information on the cost of catching a tramp steamer or similar accommodations for the trip to New York from Chile - little help?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases